“A more sophisticated, classy, calmer hotel and casino choice”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, Texas
“A more sophisticated, classy, calmer hotel and casino choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for a getaway, sans kids! With all the competing choices of hotels to stay at here in Vegas..the Palazzo will not disappoint! Fabulous staff made check-in easy. Offered an upgrade for a nominal fee per night to the Fortuna suite, which was amazing. Tried to get a higher level suite but ended up on the 22nd floor, Strip-side. Can see Treasure Island show from our window! Still a great view. Maybe try prestige level next time for complimentary breakfast and happy hour?!

Almost 1,000 sq. feet in this suite makes it spacious and not anything short of luxurious! Clean, new, plush velvet sectional couch, nice linens, ample pillows, ample closet space....bar, desk with printer, huge bathroom with vanity. T.v.'s in bathroom, bedroom, and living room!

Everything is expensive here in Vegas...including room goodies, drinks, and room service. Big CON is NO COFFEE maker:( I had to drag myself downstairs each morn for coffee at Peet's, which was good, but not cheap.

The Grand Lux was a great dinner choice and a very lovely interior and good service. Ample amount of food. The Sushi Samba joint was terrible! And expensive! Terrible service too. Plenty of other restaurants in the shop area.

Pools...nice, low key, offered adult pool (not euro style), but no kids. Drink service by pool, but have to get food at nearby Wolfgang Puck restaurant for lunch type fare. Again, not your party pool like other neighboring hotels....very laid back and tranquil atmosphere.

Love how the Venetian is attached...it's hard to leave!

Don't forget to get a Grazie card too....gives you discounts and upgrades and keeps track of your gambling. We aren't huge gamblers, but the Venetian poker room was the place to be! Packed and full of energy!!!

Very happy with the Palazzo....don't come here much, but loved this choice at this stage in life:). Will not disappoint !!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank texmex2
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear texmex2,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us and for sharing your experience at The Palazzo. I truly appreciate the picture you have painted of your experience at The Palazzo through your feedback and your photos. Your photos are magnificent. They show and exude the beauty and awe of our properties. Thank you again, and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Palazzo in the near future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,557)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Close to everything really nice shopping casino was wonderful
Food was good I would highly recommend for family vacation
Or you and your spouse. Very clean and the staff was very helpful I can not wait to go back
Only bad thing I kept losing my room lol the place is Hugh !!!!!!?

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Tammy A
Dear Tammy A,

Urbandale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Here for 4 nites w hubby. Cannot say enough great things about it. We got a great rate of $159 which incl breakfast. Beautiful room, most comfortable bed ever, friendly staff, great food. Bath amenities incl shampoo, conditioner and foam and bath was. Also a little sewing kit, qtips, nail file, shower cap. Huge bathroom w great soaking tub. Incl breakfast was choice of eggs, potatoes, muffin, toast and choice of meat. I did ask if resort fee was optional, like others have mentioned, and was told No. We definitely will be back.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank jlafrentz
Dear jlafrentz,

As amazing as you deem The Palazzo, it is truly our guests, such as yourself, who make us who we are. Thank you for your acknowledgements and for choosing us as your resort of choice in Las Vegas. It delights me to know that you had a great time at The Palazzo, and we are excited to welcome you back.

Fremont, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

It seems that Vegas hotels fall into 3 primary price range categories: $80-$119, $120-169, and $170+. The Palazzo falls into the higher range of the mid category, so I was expecting something on the nicer end. Did they deliver? Yes and no.

The hotel is nicely appointed and the staff is very helpful. The rooms are larger than most in Vegas, though they don't really feel like it. The website boasts that the bathroom is 130 sq. feet, but it just feels like a nice, comfortable sized bathroom. When I was trying to shave, I found the lighting to be dimmer than I would have liked. More disappointing was having to wait 10-15 minutes for the water to get hot at the sink and in the shower (definitely not good when you're trying to shave or you're in a rush to be somewhere).

Two other annoying things about the rooms: One, surprisingly no refrigerators. Heck, the Riviera, at a third of the price, has a refrigerator in the room. The other was trying to get the clock in the room set to the right time (if was off by some obscure amount, like one hour and 43 minutes). You cannot fix the time on your own, but rather you have to call maintenance to come and fix it (huh?).

There are two workout facilities, I visited the smaller of the two and it was typical of a hotel gym. I got the impression that the other one was much larger. The hotel also has an ample amount of nice restaurants, shops and other things to do, so you and/or the kids won't be bored.

What irked me more than anything else is that websites such as tripadvisor and hotels.com list under the amenities that the Palazzo has shuttle service. This simply is not true...unless you consider going to the shuttle kiosk at the airport and paying $8,00 to grab a shuttle that stops at all the hotels on the strip. If I had know this ahead of time, I would have gladly paid $15 for a 12 minute cab ride, vs. the one hour it took via the shuttle. I mentioned this to the hotel and they said I should talk to the websites that are saying they offer shuttle service. Sorry--not my job to correct things that are being falsely promoted about your hotel.

All in all, the Palazzo is a nice place. However, if you don't mind staying off the strip, you can get something just as nice for half the price.

Room Tip: If you book through a third party website, you're going to get the room at the very end of the h...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank DonFremontCA
Dear DonFremontCA,

Thank you so much for making The Palazzo your resort choice during your recent visit to Las Vegas! There are so many hotel options to choose from on the famed Las Vegas Strip, so it is always with great delight and sheer joy to know that our guests had a great time. I also truly appreciate your comments regarding a few aspects of your stay that could have been better. We are always open to suggestions as we endeavor to provide experiences that are truly superior. We will look into your concerns accordingly, so that we are better able to serve our guests.

Thank you again for your kind feedback, and I look forward to exceeding your expectations again in the very near future.

Pasadena, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

For years we've stayed on the Venetian side of this 2-1 hotel. This time we decided to stay on the Palazzo side. For the most part, everything was OK. Our main gripe was that we detected the strong smell of cigarette smoke entering our room through the AC vents every night and every other day.

I am not sure about their WI FI setup. On the Venetian side we experienced numerous dropped connections constantly during our stays, while at the Palazzo side, we had a solid connection for 3 days, then suddenly it became spotty at best. The hotel said they were unaware of any issues, but while waiting at the elevators on our floor we overheard others complaining about the same issue. They had every right to complain because WI FI is not free here. You pay for WI FI service in the daily "resort fee."

Gaming was minimal for us, we could hardly find a vacant machine on either side. Most are penny machines, but for most part, the hook is a 40 cent minimum bet. Might be better off with quarter machines, if you can find any. Many of the card tables were closed or empty.

The Palazzo side only has high priced eating places, ($11 for a burger *no fries*) while on the Venetian side there is Panda Express and some other cheaper eating places located on the 1st and 2nd floors. Both sides have the Grand Lux, which is actually the Cheesecake Factory.

If you're going to sign up for the Grazie Loyalty Program or need questions about it answered, do so on the Venetian side. For some reason the lines go faster there than on the Palazzo side.

With the exception of delivering the wrong order, in-room dining was great. Our only downside was having the used dishes picked up. It took 4 calls and over an hour for someone to come and get them.

If you're into shopping, go across the street to Caesar's. Most of the stores in the Venetian/Palazzo sell gaudy and unknown brand named clothing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elroy_Jetson
Dear Elroy_Jetson,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at The Palazzo. I am happy that you found The Palazzo to be an excellent hotel, and I appreciate your candidness. I want to apologize for the areas in which caused you unnecessary concern and inconvenience. We will endeavor to improve consistently, so that our guests are able to have one-of-a-kind experiences.

Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

While I was staying at Palazzo my room was raided at 6am and the hotel security went through my belonging and they pulled every single item out of our bags and having my co-traveler on the corner. After that horrific incident they apologized for waking us up and left the room with everything on the floor. Later we asked the hotel manager, Mr. Kai Shield and head of the resort security Tony for explanation which made them speechless. I made multiple call attempts to Mr Kai Shield and mentioned that I need a full refund for the hotel charges which he never responded.

Green Features: Not an environmental friendly hotel. so much waste of energy and horrible disposal of chemicals and food.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Salar B
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Salar B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I know that my teams have been in touch with you extensively regarding the incident that you have described, and there are a multitude of details that have not been shared in your review.

We take great care of our guests, and if there is ever a mistake on our part, we are the first ones to take ownership of not only what occurred but the remediation of it. I can assure you as well as all of our fellow travelers that unmatched guest service and our passion to serve makes up the foundation that drives the success of our resort. In this case, we have done an extensive investigation and have communicated with you regarding all matters.

In regards to the lack of green features that you have described, The Venetian | The Palazzo is the largest LEED certified green building in the world. Sustainability at The Venetian | The Palazzo is of utmost importance, and we have many efforts to ensure that we remain a sustainable and environmentally friendly resort. In fact, we have received numerous accolades for our efforts.

We have all been in touch with you regarding the matter, so should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us directly.

Markham, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I've stayed at 4 other Las Vegas hotels and this hands down has been the best. The rooms are so big and comfortable. During our time in the room we never once heard noise from people in the rooms around us. There was nothing that I wished it had (besides a fridge). The location is great and close to anything you might need. It's also a two for one hotel because it's linked to the Venetian. On the morning we went to the pool it was shady on the Palazzo side so we just kept walking through the pool area and ended up at the Venetian pool where it was sunny. We will definitely stay there again in the future !!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 28jennifer
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear 28jennifer,

Thank you for choosing The Palazzo as host for your recent visit to Las Vegas and taking the time to share your feedback with us. Your comparison of other properties and deeming us as you do is one of the highest compliments we could ever receive, and I am truly grateful and humbled. We strive to provide experiences under one roof, so that you may truly live the exciting atmosphere of The Palazzo.

I look forward to your return visit.