“Great choice for families”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
“Great choice for families”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We've stayed here a few times in the past but this on the 4th of July weekend we stayed here with our 14 month old daughter and found the hotel great for families.

The room was kept very clean and the amount of space was great for our daughter. Some friends of ours stayed in the adjoining room with their two kids and even when we had all 3 kids playing together there was still plenty of room for all of us.

We really liked the crib that we were given by the hotel and the amenities that included baby body wash, shampoo, lotion, and powder. They also gave us a custom Palazzo bib.

And as usual we loved the parking directly beneath the hotel for convenience, the 3 TVs in the room, the food at the hotel (ate at the Grand Lux Cafe -very good), the security, the pool (also great for families and kids), and the amenities.

The Palazzo is always a great choice for a place to stay. I was a bit annoyed with the 6/5 payout at the casino playing blackjack but that's a whole different story...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear MichaelRinck,

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay at The Palazzo. I am so pleased that you and your children had a first class experience and found our resort to be perfect for your family getaway. I hope you consider The Palazzo again for your future travels to Las Vegas. It would be an honor to host you again!

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,706)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I reviewed this hotel a week ago and haven't seen it online, so I'm trying again. Have gone there several time a year, but this year, something has changed. Hotel has taken a notch down...streamlining it's services. No more lovely Carnevale ambiance, ugly foliage, pool with dirty entrances, boring slots. It's website is awful, like something a 5 year old can do online, missing restaurant menus, map of hotel, access to Grazie account. It's still better than most of the other hotels in Vegas, but not the Palazzo I loved. Will probably try the Wynn or Encore next.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank msrealtor
Dear msrealtor,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this city, and I sincerely appreciate and thank you for choosing The Palazzo to host you during your most recent visit. I am very disappointed to hear that your visit was not a complete success. Please accept my apologies for the dissatisfaction you experienced with a few aspects of your stay.

As you know, TripAdvisor reviews are not linked to your reservation and therefore I cannot easily find a way to contact you; however, I encourage you to be in touch with my Guest Relations team, who will be contacting you directly, so that I may look into this further.

San Anselmo, California
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed at the Palazzo for our 1st night of a four night trip to Las Vegas for my wife's birthday. It was her wish to try a different hotel for each night of our stay. We are both big fans of the Palazzo and stay here frequently during our visit.
Something about this trip was a bit different though. The service of the in room dining/kitchen staff was Amazing!! We arrived on a Friday evening and were very hungry. I ordered our dinner and asked a question about the menu. "How many prawns are in the prawn cocktail?" The answer was "5 or 6". When our meal arrived, I noticed that there were only 4 prawns. I jokingly explained to Luella (the young lady that delivered the meal), that Dan (on the phone) explained that there would be 5-6 prawns in our dish. She apologized and we both laughed a bit and she was off.
15 minutes later, she was back with an additional plate of Prawn Cocktail at no charge!! I was dumbfounded...I made a joke about missing a shrimp and that was enough for Luella and Dan and the kitchen staff to make sure I stayed a happy client!
Thank you, yet again, Palazzo for another memorable stay!

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room at this hotel so my only suggestion is to ask for a room overlooking one...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mario M
Dear marionation1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience and happy belated birthday to your dear wife! I was so pleased to hear that when you encountered a challenge with your in-suite dining order, our team assisted you directly.

There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads, so they may in turn, share your wonderful compliments with their team members. I am confident that each department will delight in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

The suites are fantastic... Ask for a high floor for the best views. There are no problems waiting for lifts (even on the 4th of July weekend)
Too many restaurants to mention, clearly some are expensive - but worth it. Lavo was the pick for us.
You just can't fault it. The pool area was fantastic, but if you want a cabana, avoid the weekends. $700 on Sunday, but only $300 on Tuesday!! Great service though

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Wader77,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. The details you provided regarding your most recent visit is nothing short of humbling, and I am grateful that you have given us the opportunity to live your experience through your review. Knowing that you had an excellent time at The Palazzo is truly exciting as this provides us with continued passion to providing our guests with nothing less than the best.

Thank you very much again, and I look forward to welcoming you on your next stay.

Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spend 5 nights in Vegas for our honeymoon: 3 nights at Bellagio and 2 nights at Palazzo. We couldn't help but compare the two hotels our whole trip, and our favorite by far was Palazzo.

The rooms are absolutely amazing. They are all suite style and huge with sunk-in living room areas. The bathrooms are also huge with a desperate vanity area to put on makeup, two sinks, a separate tub and shower, and a desperate toilet area. All of these things make sharing a bathroom with someone super easy. The only downside is that the view from the "strip-view rooms" isn't really that great, especially compared to the fountain view rooms at Bellagio, this is really the only downside to the rooms though.

We decided to do the romance package which came with several deals, though the only two we actually used were the dinner and wine pairing at DB Brassiere and the in suite breakfast for two. The dinner and wine pairing were amazing and ended up being $150 value, and the in suite dining was also surprisingly good and came with more food than my husband and I could eat at about a $46 value. We didn't use our free rides on the gondola or the other coupons worth 25-50% off drinks at other restaurants, but the dinner and breakfast are definitely worth the package.

Overall, I would absolutely recommend Palazzo to anyone visiting Vegas and I definitely hope to stay here during future trips.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Steph L,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your honeymoon! Congratulations on this special occasion, and I am pleased that The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration. Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor, and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions.

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed at the Palazzo this past July 2-6. I decided to treat my parents, sister and 2-year old niece to Vegas for 4th of July Weekend. I had previously stayed at the Venetian back when it opened, but had never stayed at its sister property, The Palazzo. I chose The Palazzo because I wanted to treat my parents to some place upscale, yet not too uppity (Wynn). I am very glad to have chosen The Palazzo over the other properties I was looking at. The biggest deciding factor for me was that they have the Bella Suite, which has 2 beds, plus the pull out bed; thus allowing both my parents to sleep on one bed, my sister and niece on the other bed, and myself on the pullout in the sunken living room.

I will say The Palazzo has great people working for it. Whomever is in charge of their hiring needs a raise. Someone earlier posted that Alexandria checked them in and they had a pleasant experience with her. I echo their sentiment, as she both checked me in, and checked me out. She is a true gem of the Palazzo's. (More on her later)

As has been discussed in great detail on here already, all the rooms at The Palazzo are big suites, that are well appointed with exceptional decor and furniture, with plenty of amenities to make even the most discriminating of guests feel well pampered within the suite. Although I booked a regular Bella Suite, at check-in I politely asked if there were any complimentary upgrades, and thus we got upgraded to a Bella Suite on the 42nd floor overlooking the strip. This was very awesome because on the evening of 4th of July, that is where we were able to get a great view of the Caesars Palace fireworks show from our room. (My 2-year old niece gets scared of fireworks [mainly the noise]), and so being able to watch the fireworks from up in the 42nd floor, behind soundproof windows was a god-send for us.

My sister had researched things to do with a 2-year old in Vegas, and we were glad that the pools at The Palazzo were very spacious and not too full. My sister had plenty of things planned for my niece, but my niece absolutely fell in love with the pools, thus my sister would take her down a couple times a day so she could enjoy herself, in between naps in the room, and taking her out to eat in the Canal Shoppes throughout. We also hit the strip once the sun had set, so that my niece could enjoy the Vegas lights at night, while in her stroller. Not one dull moment for us, or my niece.

My parents being the big gamblers they are, I signed them up for the Grazie Club, and both got free T-shirts at signing up. They enjoyed the penny slots at the nearby Flamingo, Harrah's, and Bally's. Myself, I did a little bit of gambling at The Palazzo (Never chase the comp, just enjoy your gambling ;-) )

If any of you enjoy great drinks, I strongly suggest you try out the Fusion Bar (You can't miss it, it's the bar to your right as you're about to enter the hallway into the elevator banks to go up to the rooms). Each night, I was done gambling by 2am, and I'd mozy on over to the Fusion bar for a few strong drinks before hitting the sack. It was there that I met two of the best bartenders/mixologists I've ever encountered-- Greg/Steven/Mulu. Those fellas know how to make a super strong drink. A little known fact about this bar is that they have four different type of concoctions that they prepare in-house and let them age for a couple weeks. They are in 4 big jars up on the display. Let me tell you, Greg offered me a taste of one (It's in one of my pictures)-- It was a mixture of Oranges, Mango slices, Pineapple, Vanilla Beans, and Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum. It's something like 80 proof, super strong, but what a grand taste it is going down your throat. Try it, you'll thank me later!

One of the best features about The Palazzo is it's 'Plug N Play', which enables you to charge your Android/iPhone using your own USB cord. On the last night, I was charging my Galaxy Note 3, and had had a little too much to drink. I was playing the dollar slot machines and before long figured to stop while I was ahead, but forgot my expensive phone at the slot machine!! As I was about to get into the elevator up to the room, I noticed that I didn't have my phone on me. My heart dropped, and I dashed on over to where I had left it, only to notice that it was GONE! One of the casino workers noticed I was distraught and asked if I was alright. I explained what happened, and she told me to go over to security to see if someone had took it in. I went, and don't you know she was right! A security guard was walking up with my phone as I was walking up. I was happy that nobody snatched it, and that it ended in the right hands. They made me unlock it and sign a piece of paper, and away I went with my phone.

All in all, a great experience at The Palazzo. Just yesterday I booked again for late September, to stay there again, with friends this time. Truly one of the gems on the strip. You can't go wrong with this property and the ample offerings.

Room Tip: Always ask to see if there are any complimentary upgrades to rooms in higher floors with a strip vie...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BRUIN_SKIIZ
Dear SoCalTravelCrew,

Thank you for your such a positive review. I am particularly struck by the time and extensive detail that you provided and for sharing so many aspects of The Palazzo with our fellow travelers. You had a choice between so many hotels on the Las Vegas strip, and you not only made us your resort but you shared so many compliments that are truly humbling.

Thank you for your sentiments regarding Alexandria, Greg, Steven and Mulu. Rest assured your feedback has brightened our week and it has been shared for recognition. I am confident that they will be delighted to know that they made such an impact on your visit.

Thank you for your recommendation of our resorts, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

SC
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Staying at the Palazzo was definitely the highlight of our first (and maybe only) visit to Las Vegas. we were able to check in early (11:30am!) and out late (12pm). The service was impeccable and the environment was pure luxury! We LOVED our room, even though we didn't do any special upgrade. Who needs more! We got a deal for breakfast (in bed) with our room with Vegas.com Yes, there's a resort fee, but so what! We got pampered and that was worth it all! Will stay here and recommend ALWAYS! :) LOVED it!
The only thing that surprised me negatively was that I could hear neighbors slightly. But, if this place is like that, you can't get any better, so no worries! :)

Room Tip: can't imagine a bad one!
Green Features: yes! green, but would like recycle bins in room also.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear tugboatjulie,

Thank you for your glowing feedback. Exceeding each and every guest’s expectations is our specialty here at The Palazzo. I am pleased to read your kind words and thank you for sharing them. I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations again in the near future.