“Palazzo great looking but Bad Service”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #8 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I am currently here for my 4th night and although the hotel and rooms are beautiful the service is beyond inadequate to the level that you would think you were in a 2 star resort. Warning!!! Check with the hotel prior to your trip to make sure they didn't lose your reservation. This happened with someone in our party and they wasted so much time at check in and having to switch rooms and such. The pool is very nice but the service was very slow and amateur.

Upon check in they ask for a credit card to apply room charges which is normal but every time I charged something they would say the front desk never authorized it for room charges. We would have to go through a process to authorize it but again when we would make another charge it would be the same issue. Exhaustive....

We also have a great view of the Wynn golf course which is nice to look at.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TracysViews
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear TracysViews,

Thank you for allowing The Palazzo to be your host during your current visit to Las Vegas. Your feedback is much appreciated and is very valuable. I am very disappointed to hear that your visit has not been a complete success. I would like to apologize immensely.

As you know, TripAdvisor reviews are not linked to your reservation and therefore I cannot easily find a way to contact you; however, I encourage you to contact a hotel manager directly by dialing zero from your in-suite phone and requesting a hotel manager.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

The Palazzo will not disappoint. The suites are large and beautiful. Wonderful property and casino. Canyon Ranch spa is a must, the pools are nicely laid out and many pools to choose from, from laid back to Party atmosphere. The Wolfgang Puck Restaurant Cut is perfection!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Edmond_OkLisa

Dear Edmond_OkLisa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us and for sharing your first Vegas experience at The Palazzo. I truly appreciate the picture you have painted of your experience at The Palazzo through your feedback. I am grateful that we did not disappoint! Thank you again for choosing us, and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Palazzo in the near future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I recently stayed in Vegas and couldn't decide between two hotels, so we decided to stay 2 nights at each one. We both said we wish we had stayed all 4 nights at the Palazzo! From the moment we checked in, the service was exceptional. Everyone was helpful and friendly. Our room was beautiful, there are many great restaurants, the pool wasn't crowded, everything was clean. We will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room so you can enjoy the views of Vegas!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jenna B

Dear Jenna B,

Thank you so much for your kind sentiments and for choosing The Palazzo as your resort of choice during your recent Vegas vacation with your husband. What a pleasure it was hosting a valued guest to The Palazzo. Thank you for your sentiments, and I most certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I moved to the Palazzo after a bad stay at the Luxor. The Palazzo staff was more than accommodating from the moment I arrived to the moment I departed. I had one issue with a valet telling me that the drop off area was not for departing, and when I stated I had been departing here all week, he argued with me stating NO you haven't. That did not set well as you should never tell a guest they did not do something they know they have, but two other valets that remembered me stepped in and corrected him stating they have helped me into taxi's from that location over several days. I honestly did not know there was a departure point for taxis on the bottom floor, so please use that location as I did after I learned of its location. Other than that one minor experience, the stay was amazing! Check in was flawless from the kind young lady in training. The security team are very professional and helpful when you need directions or a recommendation for gelato! Restaurant staff are impeccable as well. The hotel and rooms are VERY LARGE and immaculate when it comes to cleanliness and the amenities are up to date. The wireless internet in the room was super fast with an 8ms ping, 33 Mbps download and a 18 Mbps upload speed. There was a printer in the room if needed as well. I was impressed.

I highly recommend staying at this location and will continue doing so on my future visits.

Room Tip: I had a high room and would ask for this on future visits. I opted for the less expensive non-strip...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank OFF2FLY-KMLU

Dear MonroeFoodie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I was so pleased to hear that when you encountered your only challenge, a few members of my team assisted you directly.

There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads, so they may in turn, share your wonderful compliments with their team members. I am confident that each department will delight in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I came to Vegas this past weekend (July 18-20, 2014) for a couples weekend. We booked through Southwest Vacations, something I'm not likely to do again, but that's another story for another time. We arrived at the Venetian (the hotel we originally booked) pretty early on Friday-around 10:30am because we had no idea what time check-in was. The person checking us asked if we wanted to upgrade to the Prestige at the Palazzo package for an additional $100/night. We decided that we would, and he began to search for available rooms. Thankfully there was one because we'd just had our luggage taken by the valet and it contained some refrigerated items that we wanted to stow away as soon as possible.

Which leads me to my first con: the only refrigerator in the suite was the stocked mini bar. I travel with refrigerated items and really need to keep a few of the things I bring cold. So, my husband and I went and bought a soft sided cooler to keep my items in. I was really surprised that there wasn't a fridge in the room. Or a coffeemaker. But, I travel with my own cold brew coffee, so it wasn't a terrible inconvenience. If you're a coffee drinker, this will be an inconvenience to you.

Next con: We could only find one restaurant on the property that served breakfast before 8am, the Grand Lux Cafe. When you upgrade to the Prestige at the Palazzo package, there is a complimentary Continental breakfast included. But since I don't eat wheat, this was not an option for me. There may have been more breakfast options, but the Concierge desk doesn't open until 8am, so we couldn't ask.

On to the good stuff: the suites are AMAZING! We stayed in a Luxury King suite, and I have to say, it was perfect! Nice and roomy, but still felt comfy and cozy. It has a nice full length mirror just outside the bathroom, which is nice to have so you can check how you look before you go out for the evening. I loved that the shower was separate from the tub, and the toilet had its own room. There is also a lovely vanity, complete with a lighted makeup mirror, a small box of q-tips and other beauty related items, and a hair dryer.

The bedroom was really nice and my husband and I slept beautifully each night.There is a lighted closet in the bedroom that has some really nice quality hangers, an iron/ironing board, in room safe, and a robe and slippers for two people. The living area was really nice for relaxing and reading, but we didn't use it too much, except for when we were deciding which shows to see and which restaurants to eat in. There were some nice magazine/guides on the table which made things a bit easier.

This is also where the mini bar and other foods are that the hotel will charge you outrageous amounts for if you take any of them. I was tempted a time or two, but knowing how much each item is, was a BIG deterrent.

We had what I'll call a split view - we could see part of the south end of the Strip to our left, and the mountains to the right. It was quite nice.

As I mentioned before, we took advantage of the Prestige at the Palazzo package. This was one of the best parts of our stay: private concierge service, a lounge reserved just for people with this package, and tons of other wonderful amenities. Our first day there, we went upstairs to check it out and met James, one of the bartenders in the lounge. We loved James! He was friendly,knowledgeable about the area (what to see, what to avoid) and made the best rum punch I've ever tasted! Each evening from 5-8pm, the lounge hosts a cocktail reception, complete with a nice array of hot and cold appetizers. And it's all FREE! Awesome!

All in all, we had a lovely experience and both said that despite the downsides, we would definitely stay at the Palazzo again.

Room Tip: Upon check-in, ask for a room with a strip view. If they don't have a strip view room, it's...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Keri B

Dear keribrewster,

Thank you for your very extensive review and providing so many details and insights regarding your experience at The Palazzo. I am particularly struck by the time and extensive detail that you provided future visitors to The Palazzo. Your thoughtful review painted a very beautiful picture of the charm and striking beauty of our resort, and I thank you. I am also truly grateful for the candidness of your review in the areas that could be improved. We are always open to suggestions as we are always looking for ways in which we can improve upon our services and offerings. It was a pleasure having you, and we look forward to extending the magic of The Palazzo to you again in the future.

Once again, thank you.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Palazzo while I was attending a conference in hotel. The room we stayed in was gorgeous. From the bathroom to the living room and everything in between. The other part of our stay that was outstanding were the employees of the Palazzo. It started when we checked-in with excellent service there, the housekeepers were friendly, the help at the Concierge was amazing, and all people that we came in contact with were also friendly as could be.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Becky M

Dear Becky M,

Please allow me to personally thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am so glad that you have allowed my team to welcome you. To know that you had an experience that exceeded your expectations brings much jubilation as I firmly believe that our guests deserve to experience the very best. Thank you for the wonderful insights that you have shared and for allowing us to be a part of your conference stay in Las Vegas. I look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice rooms great service.all seven pools were nice and clean.very large rooms and clean.very large place lots to do and see without even leaving hotel. Food courts good price for where you are at with great food.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family