“This was my second year there” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Porto, Portugal
“This was my second year there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

The first time that i went to Vegas i stayed in the Palazzo for 10 days and this year i stayed for 14 days!

Lets assume that this might be the best rooms in the strip and both casino and restaurants and cafes are really good!

Where can they improve :
- During check in it was not explained to me that did the resort fee covered for example : Free Newspaper
- I was using my iphone during the check in and i was not presented the Palazzo App or the code so i could use the vouchers on many places that i went in the resort
- It seems that after 8pm there is not enough drinks girls on the casino floor ( had to wait a long time to get a simple water )
- There are no higienic bags in the bathroom, this is not acceptable!
- the AC needs to be turned up big time in the corridors and casino floor its not confortable to be inside palazzo since the temperature is to low to be there in shortsleeve
- Your pool staff has a long way to improve when it comes to customer service! To give you an exemple my girlfriend was alone in the last pool before venetian and she was moving her chair from sun to shadow ( about 10m ) and about 4 red shirts passed by her and none offered to help her ( she was having a difficult time moving )!
- Not enough shadow on the pool
- Lack of a adult pool only
- Please do not allow people to eat inside the pool

But these is some feedback on my great stay in the Palazzo!

For me its still the best option for Vegas

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Marcos O
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Marcos O,

Thank you so much for making The Palazzo your home away from home for a second time! There are so many hotel options to choose from on the famed Las Vegas Strip, so it is always with great delight and sheer joy to know that we are a favorite.

I also truly appreciate your comments regarding the areas in which we must improve upon. We are always open to suggestions as we endeavor to provide experiences that are truly superior. Please be rest assured that your feedback is not taken lightly, and we will review them for improvements.

Thank you again for your kind feedback, and I look forward to exceeding your expectations again in the very near future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,510)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

First off, we booked our room through costco and so we had vip check-in--which was kind of unnecessary as there was really no wait in the lobby, unlike the nightmares at some of the other strip hotels. We had a large suite sized room, but I believe there are larger suite rooms.

There was no fridge or coffee in the room. Of course, there was the mini-bar. It had a crazy sized bathroom with a toilet in a separate room. Double sinks. There was a large sectional sofa which doubled as a double bed. However, despite knowing that we were a family of four, there was no bedding provided for the sofa. And it was annoying that there are only three towels.

I did like that there was a coffee bean and tea leaf just downstairs. And that there was security checking room keys at the elevators. Parking was easy and convenient. And it is located in a great location on the strip. It's also connected to the Venetian. I would definitely stay here again although I was annoyed at the $28 per day resort charge tacked on at the end. Why is this not considered a scam? I know all the hotels do it. Why is it not just tacked on to the rate of the room? Seems so deceptive? Can you choose not to pay it?

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mei S
Dear m s,

Thank you so much for choosing The Palazzo and for taking the time to apprise me of your concerns. Although I am glad that you consider us a nice hotel, I am disappointed that we did not fully exceed your expectations. Resort fees are the standard of many resort properties around and outside of Las Vegas. Many guests enjoy the abundant benefits that the resort fee offers, and we strive to provide amenities that are superior and at a price that is competitive from the other resorts on the Las Vegas Strip. Included in our resort fee is complementary internet access, access to our fitness center, a complementary cup of coffee from Cafe Presse and daily newspaper among many other benefits. I do apologize if all the benefits of the resort fee were not more clearly explained to you.

Please accept our apologies for the dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay, and I hope that you will allow us an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We spent four nights at the Palazzo Resort in July. We had booked the Prestige king suite. Truly, the "suite" is really a large room with a nice sized bathroom. The first night was a bit disappointing as the room was not well cleaned. If you ran your finger over the bedside table top, a nice dust bunny appeared. Not good for allergies! We arrived about 9 pm so did not get to enjoy the special concierge check in with champagne, and as we were tired, ordered room service for something to eat. True to what we were told, it took 45 minutes to be delivered so a cold club sandwich was what we ate. Breakfast in the Prestige lounge provided for many choices from fruit, cereal, scrambled eggs, etc. Coffee was excellent but the juices were some kind of mix things, and awful. A hotel of this caliber should do better than that. The lounge also provided yummy tidbits from 5 to 7, and drinks at that time are free for the asking. Overall, the facility is well kept. Outside of the very dusty room on arrival, things were kept clean. The casino is typical Las Vegas casino...lots of smoke to walk through if you need to go outside of the hotel. The pool area is also well kept and there are at least 5 pools to choose from. There is lots of shopping to be had but bring lots of money. Overall, we had a relaxing time but will not likely rush back to Vegas any time soon. Too many other places to explore!

Room Tip: Book the Prestige level for the lounge. Saves you $$ on food and is also a nice place to hang out w...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear bandjishi10,

Thank you so much for choosing The Palazzo. I am so glad that there were aspects of your stay that you enjoyed, but I do want to take a moment to apologize for the somewhat neutral service that you encountered. We have the distinct responsibility of providing services and suite accommodations that are genuinely superior, so I am disappointed that you did not feel our commitment during your stay. Your concerns will assist me in ensuring that our standards are met and exceeded at all times, so I thank you.

I hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to The Palazzo in the future.

england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Again check in staff very helpful, and also throughout my stay they were helpful with questions and made reservations on my behalf.

The great thing about this hotel is the room size in comparison to other hotels, it is also has some great views during that get better during the evening.

On reflection when I will come back I would still stay at the palazzo over any other hotel. The location of this hotel is another advantage of moving around vegas.

Dear lowieEngland,

Thank you for always considering The Palazzo as your Las Vegas resort of choice! I am pleased to read of your loyalty and patronage, and I look forward to your next visit.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed for 6 nights in July. The Fortuna room was huge with a great view. The housekeeping staff was excellent, pleasant and unobtrusive, figuring out our schedule so the room was always cleaned before we returned. My husband and I are not huge breakfast eaters. The Venetian casino food court (a short walk through the atrium) offers many small options that are reasonably priced. In addition, there are two locations of Cafe Press where you can pick up something quick if you're on the go. We loved the bar in the Palazzo Grand Luxe where we could drink and get munchies late at night. We live on the east coast so travel is an all day affair. We always order a box of homemade cookies at the Palazzo Grand Luxe the night before we fly out...makes the trip home much more pleasant. The Palazzo pool opened at 8 am and was a relaxing spot for a morning swim. We use the Canyon Ranch gym...the smaller version that is in the Palazzo... and it has plenty of machines, weights and mats for exercising if you don't hit it at peak times. Otherwise you can walk down a long connecting hallway to the larger gym in the Venetian. The proximity of this hotel to the Fashion Showplace Mall makes it a convenient walk and we also go across the street to the TI an use the tram to the Mirage. You can easily work your way down the strip because many of the hotels connect. If you qualify for the Gold Grazie card, a free shuttle service to and from the airport is offered which eliminates difficult taxi experiences. We have stayed in this complex about 15 times and have thoroughly enjoyed each visit.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the front of the hotel that look out over the pool and the strip. Hallways are l...
Green Features: This hotel has won the highest awards for its "green" practices.
Dear 496dvs12,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your review and for providing so many details and insights on your visit to The Palazzo. I am particularly struck by the detail that you provided future visitors. I am so grateful for the tips, locations and moments that made your stay so memorable and special. I must point out- Grand Lux Cafe's homemade chocolate chip cookies are superb indeed!

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and we all look forward to welcoming you back to The Palazzo in the near future.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Spent 9 days at the Palazzo for vacation while my wife was at a conference. Very familiar with the Strip and its offerings. Enjoy fine dining, shopping, people watching and fitness.
I was pleased with my experience at the Palazzo. I have never felt that the price I pay is worth what I get anywhere on the Strip, but understanding the world and culture we live in, the Palazzo was worth the investment we paid for the room.
Pros:
1. Superior atmosphere mixing Italian/European style with Vegas Night life.
2. Nice size to rooms and comfortable; bed comfortable and good insulation of walls since never heard noise at night from adjoining rooms.
3. Typical shopping/dining/extras on site that was consistent with the experience.
4. Prestige Floor was certainly the crown to this resort. Very nice lounge area with daily breakfast, tea and coffee during day, and nice heavy appetizers in evening. TVs throughout lounge, comfortable sitting with great views of the strip. Was able to get some work done daily there and make up for the price of the room with daily coffee/breakfast and "dinner" a few days. I would certainly pay for this service on my return trip here.
5. Nice fitness facility on site and access to larger area at Venetian that is a short walk away.

Cons:
1. Bathroom was not to the standard of what I would expect at that level of resort. Shower was small, no sitting area and no place to put "supplies" except on floor of shower. Water pressure was excellent and good hot water throughout day, though.
2. I found the Prestige Floor concierge services lacking. This is very individualized and only dependent on my personality and opinion of two of their employees. Found my 2 requests the entire stay reflected back to me to do the necessary leg work and their "inability" to help me.
I would not let that detract from your decision about the Palazzo or Prestige Floor. I went to the downstairs/"regular" concierge to the resort and she handled both requests quickly, nicely and with a smile. Maybe she is working her way up to become a "Prestige Concierge"...be careful what you wish for!!!

The Palazzo is worth a stay and I believe if in your budget, you will enjoy it. Try to upgrade to Prestige Floor. Use downstairs concierge if needed.

Room Tip: Go with Prestige Club if possible.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
1 Thank jmpmd
Dear jmpmd,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at The Palazzo. I am happy that you found The Palazzo to be an excellent hotel, and I appreciate your candidness. I am elated that you spent nine days at our resort with your wife and found much enjoyment dining, shopping and experiencing what The Palazzo has to offer. I do want to apologize for the areas in which caused you unnecessary concern and inconvenience. We will endeavor to improve consistently, so that our guests are able to have one-of-a-kind experiences.

Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you both back soon.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Our suite was large and luxurious with two double beds and a sunken living room with a corner sofa which had a pull out bed. Our suite had 3 flat screen televisions, one in the bedroom area, one in the living room and one in the bathroom.

The bathroom had two sinks, a bath with separate shower and a toilet with a door from the main bathroom. The toilet also had a telephone in it (we didn't use the telephone).

The public areas are vast and like the bedrooms, very luxurious and well maintained. There are waterfalls and fountains. The pool has a minimum of 2 pools you can use, they close off the smaller ones for day clubs most days. There are lots of bars and restaurants to choose from and you can get through to the shops at the Venetian without having to go outside (this matters when it's over 40 degrees outside.)

I would stay here again,

Room Tip: We were on the 11th floor which had a view of Treasure Island hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
2 Thank Brenda F
Dear Brenda F,

It is with great delight that you were able to bask in the magical ambiance of The Palazzo as well as The Venetian. We are very proud of the intricate details that make up our resort, and it truly is our very own city-within-a-city. A piece of Venice. Your testament of your experience brings us much joy, and I am elated that you received not only great service but also an unforgettable suite with truly luxurious grounds and amenities. I hope to welcome you back to The Palazzo again in the future.