“The Palazzo”

GreenLeadersGold level
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“The Palazzo”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The room was spacious and comfortable with a great view of the pool, the Strip and the mountains. I loved the separate living area with a sofa, table and desk. The bathroom has a separate shower, tub and make up area and toilet is in its own room. When you walk in the lighting is on a master switch so you aren't fumbling in the dark. There are several pools and plenty of pool towels and seats. Great service around the pool.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear CKB1923,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed our opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas Strip, but as you pointed out The Palazzo has some of the best amenities.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to hosting you here at The Palazzo many times in the future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,594)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
S.L.C., Utah
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I usually stay at the Wynn/Encore, Bellagio, sometimes the Paris or New York, New York, etc. but I've tried nearly all the major ones over the last 30 years. The Wynn was the same price and I chose to try the Palazzo. I should have stuck with a sure thing. Our luggage took nearly 1.5 hours to get to the room, we should have carried it ourselves. Try keeping kids calm while you are calling the luggage desk over and over while they are begging to go to the pool. The casino had the worst smoke smell of any casino I've been in in a long time and the rest of the common areas just felt like a shopping mall. The overall design/decor of the lobby and shopping areas left me a little cold too. Not even close to the grandeur of the Wynn or Bellagio and not as interesting as so many others on the strip. The pool areas were overly crowded and had a cramped feel to them. Overall the employees were excellent and the room is very nice and large. If a nice room with a shopping mall attached is your thing try the Palazzo otherwise choose one of the many places on the strip that are fun and interesting.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank str8liner
Dear str8liner,

Thank you so much for giving The Palazzo a chance to host you. I am disappointed that in comparison to your other experiences, we did not live up to your expectations. You are valued, and I extend my apologies and invite you to be in touch with our Guest Relations team, who will be reaching out to you, as I would like an opportunity to gather more details of the challenges you experienced. It is my sincere hope that your next stay will exceed your expectations.

Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

When checking in to the palazzo, you expect it to be superb so it is difficult for a hotel in that position to exceed expectations. We had 2 connecting bellavista suites and these were the best appointed (junior) suites I have ever stayed in. Staff is very efficient and well trained. Pools are fantastic.

Don't go to Vegas to experience great hospitality, but at this hotel you can expect good service. Be aware that the main objective for any resort of this type is to make sure that you leave behind as much money as possible, not just in the casino.

There are tons of restaurants, bars and shops in the resort but if you are looking for a buffet breakfast, there is only one place to go in the far corner of the casino. Best to buy something at Coffee bean next to the elevators and take your food to the pool. We wanted room service one evening but there was a delay of minimum 1 hour, which is something I wouldn't accept from this type of hotel.

All by all, great stay, even with kids, but more then 2 nights would have driven me crazy (but that has to do with Vegas, not with the hotel).

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Jack T,

I am so grateful that The Palazzo was as good as expected. That is a wonderful compliment, and I thank you for your tips for enjoying our property. I am delighted that you had a wonderful time and were extended efficient service and a delightful Bella Suite. I hope to welcome you back again soon as it would be an honor to host you again.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I'll start with the positives.
Great check in, we checked in at the venetian where we were originally booked and as we were due to get married we were upgraded to a gorgeous suite on the 41st floor of the palazzo.
Room was huge and very clean, well maintained, the bathroom had double doors, twin sinks, shower and bath, even a tv! Comfortable bed. Steps lead to a sitting room that had a corner sofa, bureau and printer, dining table with three chairs. Floor to ceiling windows and a great view of the strip.
The palazzo casino was one of the nicest and it's easy to get around the resort, yes it is huge as others have said.

Unfortunately there are a few negatives to our stay.
Guest services lost our wedding attire when it was dropped off to be steamed ready for our wedding day. It ruined a half day of our stay, as we were worrying about where it all was and chasing/calling people in a panic (although we were compensated for this, as number 4 of a lot of hotels in Vegas you would hope for better!)
Room service, we ordered twice, first time told it would be 45 mins and it took an hour and a half, by the time it arrived we were leaving so we were very hungry as we had to turn it away. Second time we again waited longer than stated and when the food arrived it was soggy and cold.
Front desk, we waited 40 minutes on hold one day trying to arrange late check out, it ended up taking us two minutes when we eventually gave up and made the journey to the desk in person.

Having made the decision to celebrate and stay at a very highly rated hotel we were disappointed that the attention to detail just wasn't there. I am afraid to say it but it was almost as though the palazzo know they have lovely, well appointed rooms and so the rest just doesn't matter and it's a case of like it or lump it.

Stayed July 2014
Dear seasonedtraveller003,

Thank you so much for choosing The Palazzo for your wedding visit to Las Vegas. I am happy that there were aspects of your stay that went superbly. I am, however, disappointed that we did not thoroughly exceed the expectations that you have rightfully set before us. Please know that we strive to provide experiences that truly ring magnificent, so it is disheartening that we may have failed in providing just that.

I would like to gather more details of your recent stay, so I do invite you to please be in touch with my team, who will be reaching out to you directly. I look forward to discussing your last visit and ensuring that any issues are remedied.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Great room, quiet, and it is like a small city. Everything you would ever want is within feet of your room. I will definitely stay here again. My wife and I stayed here with several of our friends and we will definitely stay here again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Jim M,

Thank you for choosing The Palazzo during your recent weekend trip to Las Vegas. The Palazzo is truly a city within a city, and to know that you enjoyed the many amenities we have on property brings joy to not only me but to my entire team. I do hope that you will be back to experience the rest of the resort, and with your wife and friend! Thank you again for allowing us to be a part of your Las Vegas experience. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

California
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel! I think as far as the rooms go, it's the best one on the strip. All the rooms are suites. This hotel is also very clean and their customer service is excellent. By the way , I'm not a high roller. I go to Vegas with either my husband and other couples or a group of friends. I gamble.. A little. We usually spend our money on very nice dinners, shows or of course shopping.

Now for the rooms. The bathroom is nice and big. I love having a tv in the bathroom while I'm getting dressed. There is also a full length mirror which is nice as well. I like how the toilet is separate from the bathroom for privacy. The beds are very very comfortable and the lighting is great. There is a separate step down sitting room with a sectional couch, dining table and a desk. There are a total of 3 TVs in the room. One in the sitting area, another where the bed is and of course the bathroom.
The rooms are very clean and spacious, especially for Vegas.

The pool area is nice. They have quite a few pools. Nothing exciting, it's just mainly to stand around in and cool off . They also have the 18 and older pool that plays club music and is more of a party atmosphere(at least it is supposed to be). If you don't want to pay to go In but want to hear the music, just grab a spot at the main pool and you can hear the music. The service at the pool is great. When you go to get your towel, just tell them that you would like help finding a spot and they will move chairs around to accommodate you. Just make sure you tip the person.

There are a lot of restaurants to choose from on the property. They also have the Grand Luxe which is like a Cheese Cake Factory. My favorite place to eat, which I highly recommend is the Italian place that is located right outside the food court in the Canal shops. Sorry, I can't remember the name and I eat there every time.

The location is great. You can walk to Caesars to go to the Forum shops or you can go across the street to mall. Personally, if I don't walk, I take a cab in Vegas.

This is the only place that we will stay. I'm not one to bring kids to Vegas, but we were driving to Utah and stayed here for the night with the kids. It was ok..kept them out of the casinos and did the family things in Vegas.

Overall, the Palazzo or the Venetian(the two are connected) are the best hotels for your money. Wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Stayed June 2014
6 Thank humuhumunukunukuopaa
Dear humuhumunukunukuopaa,

What a joy to read such a glowing review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me. I am glad that I have had the opportunity to learn about your recent stay, and it is such a pleasure knowing that you enjoyed your suite, the pools, restaurants and prime location of The Palazzo.

I am grateful for your kind words, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have stayed at the Palazzo/Venetian on several occasions over the past 5years. I love it. We were just there in mid July & January 2014. Both casinos are very clean & well maintained. All the rooms are large suites w fantastic views, robes, safe, 3 televisions, sunken living rm, docking stations for music, etc etc. The beds are very comfy and the overall appearance is very tasteful & clean. You feel very welcome, safe, & pampered. The staff are also very courteous & eager to please. We are members of Club Grazie (their rewards program) and benefit nicely w comp rooms, slot play, complimentary shuttle to/from the airport, & access to a lounge w comp snacks & beverages. I could go on & on.... I love the Palazzo/Venetian.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear 78nicoler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us and for choosing The Palazzo. Our suites are an experience in it of themselves, and I am elated that you felt welcomed, safe and pampered. I am happy to learn that you had such a great time, and I appreciate your recommendation of our hotel loyalty program, Grazie. You are correct- with exclusive membership, one is able to take advantage of members-only benefits including exclusive discounted rates for future stays.

Again, I thank you for your kind words, and I look forward to your next visit with us.