“The Palazzo ”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Great hotel from the beginning to the end of our trip we were very happy. Clean hotel, polite staff and very helpful. We loved the grand canal shoppes and the Venetian gondola ride. Fantastic stay. Carlo's bakery was yummy. St. Marks square was unquestionable.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Mario S,

What a pleasure hearing from a valued guest! I am elated that a wonderful experience began to unfold from the beginning of your trip all the way to the very end. Your happiness brings joy to my team and to me, and I look forward to welcoming you again on another visit.

There are newer reviews for The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Another fun, luxurious, and winning girl's trip at the Palazzo. We had so much fun last year, we decided to return for this year's "girls getaway". Once again, we were not disappointed. It started at the check-in which was quick and easy, considering we had 4 suites. The strip/pool view was gorgeous. Our pool day entailed a cabana and all the amenities that come with it. Johnathan, our cabana host, was wonderful. He came around consistently to check on our needs and there was never a time we had to wait or look for him. Our suites were lovely. We enjoyed dinner at Delmonico's which was so delicious, we will be returning there as well. The menu at the Grand Luxe offered so many varieties of meals it was truly hard to choose from. And the shopping! We had so much fun. We didn't have to leave the premise to shop. We shopped everywhere from the casino floor kiosks/shops to the multitude of shops upstairs at the Grande Canal Shops. So many stores, I don't think we saw them all. If you are looking for a luxurious room that greatly exceeds basic hotel rooms, this is the place. These are all large suites with separate living room areas. The employees are friendly and helpful. I have been visiting Las Vegas for over 20 years. We have stayed everywhere on the strip from Mandalay to the Stratosphere. We now only stay at the Palazzo/Venetian. A resort is only as good as the employees make it, and the people who work here represent their company well. I have never had a bad experience staying here. Never a bad encounter with an employee, never a bad meal, and great gambling! You enter the lobby and are greeted with the sweetest fragrance. We feel welcome here, and this is why we keep returning. I will be returning with my family in the fall.

Room Tip: Book a room with a view of the strip. It's Las Vegas! The views at night are beautiful.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MARY R
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear MARY R,

Looks like you and your girl friends had a wonderful time with us here at The Palazzo. What a great way to spend a girls getaway, and thank you for allowing us to share in your Vegas experience. I do hope that you all return to The Palazzo again soon. It would be a privilege to welcome you all back.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have selected the Palazzo because of one (1) person that made a difference and that is Scot Mularkey. His attention to customers' needs are appealing to me because he cared and he made sure we are relaxed and at peace even before arriving at the Hotel. His service is outstanding. We will not be at the Palazzo, if it had not been for Scot. Overall, it started with your Relations Manager's approach to the customers that made a huge difference. Please continue to train them well so we will keep coming back. As for me, yes, I like being at the Palazzo. Thank you to those who catered to our needs, we are truly grateful.

Room Tip: I'm contented where ever I am (all suites are beautiful, I cannot complain because I see blessin...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Marietta A,

Thank you for your review. I am especially pleased that you recognized Scot Mularkey's unmatched guest service. I have forwarded your compliments to Scot's director and manager so that they may recognize him on a job well done. Thank you again for choosing The Palazzo, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

My Wife and I stayed at the Palazzo for a little Birthday celebration. Our room was very spacious and well designed, Upon entry I found and inadequate number of towels, a pet peeve of mine. This shortcoming was corrected the next day. According to my Wife, the “makeup bench” that located in the shower room was wet when we first got there. The bed was average at best and not worthy of the rest of the room. I felt it took much more time to find staff members to help guide me then at other Vegas Hotels I've stayed at. When I could find a staff member, I found the staff to be helpful. However, the Lady who works at the late night food stand was downright rude to me. If it was not the only place open past 1:00 AM, I would have walked away. The location of the Palazzo is very good with easy access to the Wynn, Mirage or short cab ride to Bellagio. I liked the games that were offered at the Casino. It was a nice gaming environment. Great restaurants are connected to the hotel. Hotel guest tended to be a little older than my Wife and I mostly in their 50’s and 60’s. I very much enjoyed my stay and got a great value. However, next time in Vegas I will stick with the latest and greatest. The Pallazo is soon to need an update.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lustigwolf

Dear Lustigwolf,

Thank you so much for choosing The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am utterly disappointed in what I have learned about your experience and your suite condition. This is completely unacceptable as we pride ourselves on superior accommodations as well as the service extended when things may not go accordingly. It seems like we failed to deliver, and I apologize for this greatly.

As you may know, TripAdvisor reviews are not linked to your reservation, so I have no direct way to contact you. I urge you to be in contact with my team, who will be reaching out to you. It would be my pleasure to address your concerns.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We have stayed at many of the top hotels in Vegas (Bellagio, Wynn, Mandalay Bay, etc) and the Palazzo continues to be our favorite.

Why? Very large, well appointed rooms, lots of amenities (shopping, restaurants) in the resort complex, and a very nice casino (which is often less smoky than other casinos).

There is one small downside that we have noticed on the last few visits... The AC in the room does not get really cold. While I think some of the other resorts are probably similar, we can't seem to get the room as cold as we'd like when we sleep. To be fair, my wife and I like it cold when we sleep. On our last visit, the room would only get down to 68 degrees (no matter how low we set it).

If a really cold room is not your top priority, then you should love the Palazzo.

Room Tip: The lower level rooms often don't have great views. If you get above floor 10, then you will pro...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear darman12,

Thank you so much for making The Palazzo your preferred hotel and resort in Las Vegas! There are so many hotel options to choose from on the famed Las Vegas Strip, so it is always with great delight and sheer joy to know that we are a favorite.

I also truly appreciate your comments regarding the suite's air conditioning. We are always open to suggestions as we endeavor to provide experiences that are truly superior. I have advised my Facilities team, so that they may ensure proper working order of all units.

Thank you again for your kind feedback, and I look forward to exceeding your expectations again in the very near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed with friends in two adjoining rooms. The rooms were surprisingly spacious, with sunken living rooms and large couches. Unfortunately the rooms also felt a little dated already, considering the palazzo was only built a few years ago.

Aside from the larger rooms though the hotel doesn't have much going for it. Yes, there is the Venetian canal and all its shops and restaurants (if fake Italian cityscapes are your thing), but to any Vegas regular that's more of a nuisance. Check in line was long, but as IHG Gold I could use the shorter line. Staying in a hotel with what feels like 10,000 rooms simply doesn't create an aura of luxury.

The only remarkable service we received was when we needed a plumber at 5am in the morning. He arrived promptly and cleared any clogs effectively. I think his name was Mario. Luckily we had adjoining rooms so we could blow up the other room's facilities in the meantime.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank julp29

Dear julp29,

Thank you for choosing The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am disappointed to learn that you were not fully satisfied with your visit. It is our goal to provide experiences that are truly extraordinary, so I am disheartened that we did not contribute to an otherwise wonderful stay. We have created not only the largest Five Diamond resort in the world but also a resort that has over 30 critically acclaimed restaurants and world class shopping options and luxurious services and amenities that our guests have enjoyed throughout the years. I do hope you will revisit The Palazzo again in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I never dreamed our stay at the Palazzo could be so peaceful and relaxing. We were in Las Vegas, weren't we? There are no negatives here. We have been to Vegas many times and there was another hotel we usually stayed. Not anymore. I can't even imagine staying somewhere else. The front desk service was exceptional. I really believe their top priority is customer satisfaction. We automatically got a room upgrade and was given a suite on the 40th floor. Anywhere else, I have always had to request these things. We also asked for a late check out and was given the ok without hesitation. We wouldn't have ever wanted to leave the room other than we wanted to experience the fabulous shows and restaurants. Rock of Ages was exciting and fun and pure entertainment. CUT served us a meal which will never be duplicated. It was a true dining experience. Public House has a wonderful selection of wine and the best putine south of Canada. We didn't want the week to end. As much as I
could rave on and it will never really describe this experience.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear arjayhawkfan,

It sounds like you a spectacular experience at The Palazzo, and my team and I could not be happier. Thank you for allowing us to host you and to share in your Vegas experience. As much as you are unable to truly describe the experience, we are not fully able to convey our adoration and appreciation for the guests, such as yourself, who tread our resort each day. Thank you for your feedback, and I hope to welcome you back again soon.