“5 Diamond All The Way!!!”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
New England
“5 Diamond All The Way!!!”
Reviewed 30 March 2009

My second visit since the opening of this hotel and I will never stay anywhere else. My luxury suite was beautiful, well cleaned and perfect for my 3 day stay! I had a wonderful view of the strip. 5 diamond all the way! The machines were a little tighter this year in the casino, but that was the case in most of the casinos on the strip.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank BigTimeTravelers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,587)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
colorado
Reviewed 30 March 2009

I stayed with my wife in a Luxury Concierge suite at the Palazzo. I normally stay at the Wynn/Encore so my review is comparitive. First, the concierge level is definately worth the extra $100/night if you're fine with a small breakfast and you drink a lot. The luxury suites are nice, slightly larger than the Encore but not as nicely decorated. The furnishings are cheap and the place was dirty overall. It looked pretty worn for a new hotel (eg. buttons missing from upholstery on sofa, chipped paint and furniture). The housekeeping was terrible and they didn't turn down the beds at night. The concierge staff on the other hand were nice and attentive. The biggest problem with this hotel, however, is that they spray overly sweet smelling perfume throughout the casino and it makes you sick. I didn't get to check out the pool because they closed it due to high winds...funny because the Wynn didn't close theirs. I went to the Canyon Ranch Spa and it was OK, though again, not very clean in the gym or locker rooms (staff was good though). On future trips I will stick to the Encore.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 March 2009

We just came back after after our first stay at the Palazzo 3/23-3/27. We booked a luxury suite on the concierge level for our stay and we were glad. Upon arrival we told the valet we were staying on the concierge level and he promptly told us easy instructions to bypass the lobby registration and head to the 23rd floor via the guest suite elevators. My boyfriend and I are non-smokers and walking into the casino we were already happy. The casino floor smells great (king of like a Tommy Bahama store). No gross, smoky, saturation into everything.

On the 23rd floor we were met by one of the many excellent concierge staff. We were told all of the benefits of the huge lounge. First of all this floor is worth any exra money you have to pay. It has great evening views of T.I. and has many small "living rooms", with large flat-screens and cool furniture. There's food throughout the day and a evening open bar which is great right before you head our. We love Birgit at the bar!

Our room was great, I'm including tons of pics. Our view wasn't really anything great. We had a view of the Fashion Mall and the top of a building. We didn't care though. We love the roman sheers on the windows for daytime and especially the remote. Three T.V.'s in all. One in sofa area, one in bed area and small one in bathroom. Pretty sweet. We loved the super comfy bed and the supersized tub, that my 6'2" boyfriend could lay down in.

From checkin to check out we had a blast and loved staying here. We've stayed at 5 other hotels in Vegas on the strip and the Palazzo kicked their butts!

3 Thank cory1976
Los Angeles
Reviewed 28 March 2009

The best thing about the room was the bathroom - huge and very, very nice. The room itself was very big, and we had a nice view of the Vegas strip (we were on the 40th floor). It was very quiet. My only complaints would be that the bed was a little hard and the room seemed to get really hot by the middle of the night, making me get up and turn the air down. This could have just been me, though : )
We had a nice dinner next door at the Venetian at Tao.

1 Thank DandSLosAngeles
Spokane, WA
Reviewed 24 March 2009

We stayed here in March 2008 - the hotel hadn't been open long. We won a contest for a free stay. We thought we would just be put "in an available room." We were given a very nice room with a great view of the strip. Our room was very spacious with a sunken seating area and two very comfortable plush beds. The room was clean, quiet and the bathroom large. They have a security person stationed by the entrance to the rooms part of the hotel so only guests can get on the elevators. Check in and Check out was fast and easy. We were in Vegas for sightseeing not gambling, so since we didn't do any gambling, I can't really say anything about that. The Palazzo is attached to the Venetian so you can get to that hotel's food, casino and entertainment, easily. (Blue Man Group was fantastic.) We liked the nightime chocolate on our pillow! A hint for getting to the hotel. If you go by taxi make sure to tell the driver to stay off the interstate. We did this on the return trip to the airport and saved about $10
A hint for getting up and down the strip: I have been to Vegas a couple of time and found that if you take the Deuce double decker city bus, you will have a VERY hard time getting on in the evening. When the bus gets to the stop you are waiting at, the bus is already full and will not take on any new passengers. (They have a security guard on the bus to control angry people) Meanwhile at your bus stop there are 30 people waiting to get on. As time passes, more and more people start waiting. And, it also doesn't matter who is at the bus stop first. Where the bus stops, those are the people (the 5 or so they take) who are allowed to get on whether they were there 1 minute or 40.. The first time I was in Vegas I learned these tips about the Deuce and it wasn't so bad after that. Just be sure to plan where you get off and on and if you need to be somewhere allow for time.

• Stayed March 2008
1 Thank Darco B
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 20 March 2009

My business partner and I arrived in Las Vegas early Friday evening and upon checking in, were offered a deal to upgrade to the concierge level. As the package was explained I thought that the economics clearly made sense. You receive a $20 credit toward food each day in addition to the perfect continental breakfast and happy hour hors d'œuvres, complimentary cocktails in the concierge lounge from 5-9 each night of your stay, as well as free dvd's to watch in your room. Upon arriving in the concierge lounge, I was very impressed with the place. There are private rooms that you can enjoy with your groups. If you have meetings, you can use the meeting room there. The staff were great. There are plenty of TV's throughout, and even over the weekend, I could always find a table to sit, enjoy my coffee, check my emails, and just relax. All of the other guests we met there were also very vocal about how impressed they were, and thankful that they made the upgrade. If you aren't sure about it the next time you visit the Venetian, ask them to let you see it before you check in. Especially if you are there for business. It's like having a 10,000 sq ft living room. Even as nice as the suites are there, it gets a little old trying to work in them. This gives you a much better option.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
7 Thank jasonbros
PortlandJo
Reviewed 16 March 2009

My husband and I stayed here because he was attending a week long convention. Since we did not pay it was obviously a good value.

Ample and well laid out room (thus maximizing space). The three tv's were a nice touch to each of the different areas (bathroom, sleeping section and living section). Gorgeous views of the Wynn golf course and landscape beyond (34th floor). Nice interior details throughout.

Although the hotel is fairly new, our room was beginning to show some minor damage from traffic such as dings in the dry wall, chipped tread on the stairs leading to the living area, buttons missing from the velour couch and cracking on the surface of the bathtub tiling.

Location is nice. Close to many other interesting hotels, diverse restaurants and good shopping. Staff was helpful and friendly. Check In and Check Out were effortless. Pool area is clean and ample. Internet worked well. I was impressed that the room was always cleaned before I returned to the room in the afternoon without scheduling housekeeping (typically I would leave the room at noon and return around 3pm ish).

4 Thank PortlandJo