“The Palazzo Concierge Bella Suite Was Lovely”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 April 2009

My sister and I went to Las Vegas for a getaway and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Palazzo. I read the Tripadvisor reviews before I booked the stay and was convinced to try the hotel. We travel alot and are very picky. We were not disappointed.

We stayed in a Bella Suite and the room was absolutely beautiful. The pictures on the Palazzo website look exactly like the room! Our suite had 2 queen beds, sunken living room, 3 flat screen tv's, dvd player, etc., etc. The room is very large with plenty of space. The bathroom has french doors, double sinks, a roman tub, glass enlosed shower with body jets, a separate room for the toilet, and a vanity with a makeup mirror.

I recommend: a room on the "non-view" side - overlooking the Wynn golf course. The view is actually spectacular, with city lights at night and mountain views during the day. It is very calm and peaceful; quite contrasting with the hustle and bustle of the strip and all the noise downstairs in the casino. When we checked in, the concierge let us know that there is construction with large cranes outside that would interfere with the upgraded Las Vegas strip view, so we stuck with the regular view and were very pleased to save about $30 a night. Later, we saw the view from the upgraded room and believed that we made the right choice because we absolutely had the better view (whether or not there were cranes).

I also highly recommend: a concierge suite. It costs more per night, but it is well worth it. We had private concierge services who checked us in quickly in the concierge lounge, booked our tickets, made reservations, got us free dvd movies to watch in our room, etc. With a concierge suite there was no waiting in long lines at the main desk in the lobby to check-in or ask questions. We also had access to the concierge lounge where there is food all day - continental breakfast (pastries, fruit, yogurt, cold cereal, oatmeal, bagels, ham and cheese croissants, toast, juice, coffee, tea), afternoon snacks (cheese/crackers, chocolates), evening open bar and hors d'oeuvres (salmon, seared tuna, quiche). Throughout our stay, we ended up paying for only one meal a day, since we ate breakfast and snacks in the lounge. The lounge is expansive with sofas and flat screens throughout, a separate media room, and a private business center. There are also plenty of tables and chairs at the wall of windows overlooking the strip (particularly the Treasure Island hotel; we watched the TI show from the lounge).

The hotel is in a great location right in the center of the strip. It is across the street from the Fashion Show Mall and between the Wynn and the Venetian. There is easy access to the other hotels on Las Vegas Boulevard using the Deuce bus which was $7 a day or here's a tip...use the machine outside Circus, Circus (or other locations) to purchase a $15 pass which is good for 3 days.

Our best night was spent having dinner and a show - Aquaknox and Jersey Boys. Highly recommend both. Aquaknox has fabulous seafood and the Jersey Boys was an excellent show, a musical based on the life of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.

So what was the down side? There was no coffee maker in the room (but having access to the concierge lounge made up for this). High speed internet access is $10 a day. Access to the Spa (which includes the fitness center) costs $40 per day. So, there were no workouts for us except for walking the strip. One day, they missed the turn-down service, but made up for it the next day with double chocolates. (Thus, we needed to walk the Las Vegas strip again!) Finally, it took approximately 40 minutes for the bellman to arrive after the concierge requested luggage service upon our departure for the airport.

Overall, the Palazzo gets an A from me! It was a great hotel with great service.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
8  Thank GlobalMission

Reviewed 10 April 2009

I was in Las Vegas on a business seminar. The coordinator booked all of us at the Palazzo. I was very pleasantly surprised by the luxuriousness of the facility and the size and elegant decor of the rooms. The room price was excellent (approx 120 per night, possibly due to the number of rooms we reserved), and this was for a large suite on the 33rd floor with a fabulous view. The bed was comfy, hated the balloon-like pillows, there was a large, separated living room area with a work desk with FAX, table and chairs, L-shape couch and large TV. Internet access was about $10 per day.

I spent a total of a few hours in the casino playing only slot machines. They seemed on the tight side. When in Vegas, I have other gaming destinations I prefer.

I recommend this hotel for those looking for something luxurious but are somewhat budget-limited. I might stay here in the future, but to be honest, I realized I like a hotel that is not so much 'luxie-chic'. I prefer something a little less ostentacious.

I dined in a few of the on-site restaurants. I enjoyed the food in 'Morel' but found the service lacking. When a colleague joined me for lunch unexpectedly, it was apparent that it ticked off our waiter. The service really went south on a very expensive lunch.

The spa and workout rooms were very nice, as were the pools, but unfortunately it was too cold to swim.

I have to be back in May so I made reservations to see Phantom of the Opera which is playing at either the Venetian or the Palazzo (not sure, but they connect). I'll be staying elsewhere due to business, but I'd happily stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank SavingAmy
Reviewed 10 April 2009

I have been to Las Vegas two other times, we have stayed at the Caesars Palace and The Pent House Suite at the Mirage, both hotels were better than the new Palazzo. I had researched the trip for months for my boyfriend’s birthday, decided to stay at the Palazzo because it is one of the newest hotels on the strip and the rooms were large. The price was $179 per night for a Luxury suite package which included many coupons and free internet for the stay (without the package the room was $169 per night), we went Tue and Wed night. Before we arrived I spoke with Stella to let her know it was his birthday and I would like to request early check in (since we arrived at 11) and a room with a strip view, she said this would be fine and since I booked through the hotel they could accommodate this for me. This was the first out of many lies from this hotel.

The Front Desk Nightmare: Checking into this hotel was one of my worst experiences ever. Please note, I travel about 4 times a year so I know what to expect, CUSTOMER SERVICE that is! The lady who checked me in informed me that the room we booked would not be ready until 3:00 pm, and it faces the "back of the Wynn. She then went on to say if we would like to upgrade to a view suite those rooms are ready right away, and would be $45 extra per night. However, I had the print out from online of all the prices and what my package included, and the price said to upgrade to a Luxury "View" suite was only $30.00 per night. I showed this to her, and she said they would not honor that price; prices are different online than at the hotel. I didn't want to fight with her since it was my boyfriend’s birthday, so I paid the $45 dollars per night, grabbed my coupons and we went to the room (No help offered with our luggage).

When we arrived to our room, the view was spectacular; we had a view of TI, Mirage, and the pools at the Palazzo. I then took out my lap top and realized they did not give me the code for me to sign in (since my package included free internet). I called down to ask for the code and a lady name Lisa answered. She told me that I did not have a package that allowed for free internet. Once again I had to argue with her, I had the print out in front of me from the online website that showed what I purchased. She argued with me, she was very condescending and rude, I couldn't believe how I was being talked to when I am paying now $224 per night to stay in this room. Finally, after I asked to speak to her manager, she said she would credit me the internet and gave me the code. I than asked about the $45 upgrade charge, telling her it was supposed to be $30, she also argued about this, I asked to speak with the Manager, she connected me with some guy named Jonathan, who was worse than Lisa and was NOT the manager. Then they connected me to Sumiko, who they claimed to be the front desk manager, she finally told me that they would only charge me $30.00 per night for the upgrade charge after about 1 hour of arguing. I want to say it wasn't about a stupid $15 dollars per night, but it was about the ethic of them posting one price, charging me another, and then arguing with me, I felt as a customer I should have been treated much better.

Let’s move on to the room: The room was FILTHY, finger prints over everything, I read the reviews prior and saw this and thought the people were just being picky, but they are not, the rooms are not clean. The shower had a chunk of someone’s hair built up in the corner, I wanted to vomit. The rooms are 720 sqft, but still don't seem very large, the Mirage Suite was 1200 and seemed 3 times bigger. Bring a feather pillow to sleep on because theirs are harder than a rock. The blankets are feather, which was nice. There was little sound proofing in the bathrooms, I heard everything our neighbors were doing which was annoying.

Casino: Casino was large, a lot of restaurants which was very nice, most are open until 1:00 am, since the Venetian is attached to this hotel you can walk over there easily and eat. We ate at Tao, it was pretty good, fairly priced.

More horrible customer service at check out: We checked out on Thursday at 10 am, we had to catch our flight at 11:30 am. We get to the front desk and they have a print out of over $500 dollar charges to our room. First, they charged me $45 per night for the upgrade (not $30 like promised). They charged me $10 dollars per day for internet, not free like promised. They then charged us about 100 in other refreshment fees which we did not eat or drink anything from the fridge, all we did was move around stuff so we could fit our own personally bought sodas from Walgreens in the fridge. It was an argument all over again. The check out lady told me that the manager would not do anything about this for me and the charges were set in stone. That is when I just said NO! I was not doing this again and not missing my flight because of them. Once again after another 30 minutes of arguing with me, they said they would "take care" of it and send me a receipt. Hello! I am not dumb, I said no you print one out now. She than told me my new charge was $260, I said to break it down for me, and she goes "opps" I forgot to take off the internet" Let’s just say WOW.

Overall, my boyfriend’s trip to Vegas was fun, but wow, I need a vacation from this vacation. Customer service is HORRIBLE at this hotel, worse than anywhere else I have ever been. I am very disappointed and taken back by the way I was treated. It was embarrassing. I am not the first and defiantly not the last to say that this hotel needs to get new management and start treating their customers with respect, and please clean the rooms!!

Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
7  Thank enmichels
Reviewed 9 April 2009

We stayed at the Palazzo back in October 2008 - maybe they have CLEANED up since then. I have been meaning to write this but never did. Most of my reviews have been pretty good, not too much to complain about so I didn't want to write this. After much thought, I realized that the only way this system works is to put the good and the bad. So here goes...

We checked in very late and were assigned a room on the 44th floor. When we inspected the room, there was something really gross on the white comforter. We were moved to another room on the 32nd floor. This time the bathroom had something really gross on the toilet. Not to mention there we still crumbs on the living room table and tons of fingerprints all over the picture windows. Both rooms had multiple stains on the velor furniture. The floors were not carpet swept. It was too late and they were at full occupancy, so we had to stay in that room for the night. The housekeeping crew came and cleaned the bathroom. We requested a CLEAN room, any size, no matter how small, we just wanted what you could expect at any HAMPTON INN, a clean room. The next day after we returned from a day trip to the Grand Canyon we were moved to a suite on the 47th floor, a huge room, but even this room still had a half used bar of soap in the shower. Just not up to the standards we expected from this hotel. Even when they tried to help, it didn't seem to work out. They had given us a food and beverage credit to us on the property for all the hassle, but neglected to tell us about it - we ate on site several times, but paid cash. When we checked out they asked why we didn't use our credit. We said we din't know about it. They could not issue a credit to our room account as it was prepaid as a business trip. Ugg! a comedy of errors, but for those who like a CLEAN room, we do not recommend this property. It is a huge property, and maybe it is just too big to keep consistency. Many other people in our group seemed to express similar complaints.

As for a high point, the common areas are outstanding, well decorated, and clean, just not our rooms. Jersey Boys was a great show on-site. The casino is large and inviting.

Be careful if you require extra clean rooms like us.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2009

Line for check in was long, had to wait about 15-20 minutes in line. But, Jeremy at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. Upgraded to a strip view room, since we had 2 high school girls with us, and we thought they would like it. We were also looking forward to seeing the Treasure Island show from our window, but it was too windy and the show didn't go on. Bummer!
We pulled a stool out from under the coffee table and found food on top of it and around the sides. Yuck! We did request extra bedding at midnight and it came right up, and so did the extra towels we ordered in the afternoon. I only think I would stay there again if I could get it for less than $125 per night. There are so many deals in Vegas right now, they really want our business, so I would shop around for a better rate than we got!
One plus is that the valet parking is free...nice when you have stayed in someplace like Seattle, where they charge you for taking up room on the sidewalk! Okay, not really.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank mahvalous1
Reviewed 6 April 2009

In my past 4 experiences at Venetian, I determined that it's just too large and impersonal for me: Getting a cab, checking in and out and dealing with the bell desk is just a zoo. Didn't love the pool or the spa. Restaurants were overcrowded The whole place was just a large mass of people milling around.

Circumstances brought us to the Palazzo this time and our experience has saved the property for us. Maybe it was the weekend we chose (in a slow economy) but the hotel was not empty...just not a ZOO!!

The rooms are newer and more contemporary but I never really had an issue with the Venetian suites. Beds were not uncomfortable but not "dreamy" either. Sheets were kind of rough but the towels were in soft and in good condition. The room was very clean. The pool was just OK but they did build a new spa. Both properties are using the new one while the old one is being completely remodeled. The facilities at the new CRS were awesome.

Every single employee we came in contact with was friendly, helpful and professional.

The casino and lobby was active but not a mass of people as was our experience at the V. Even with a good sized convention going on. The volume of the slots is much quieter the whole room less smoky.

Many of the best restaurants in the city can be found somewhere on the property. The Club Grazie policies and the addition of the Palazzo will have us coming back.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
4  Thank Msk6261
Reviewed 3 April 2009

We stayed 5 nights in a "strip view" suite that we paid extra for. The view was of another hotel on the strip. To see anything else on the strip you had to go up to the window and look sideways. The hairdryer did not work. The bathroom scale did not work. One of the three TV remote controls did not work. You would expect for a 5 star property there would be evening turn down or at least towel replacement service. There was not. The sofa in the sitting area was stained. The furniture showed signs of wear and tear. There were broken mirror brackets.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple