“Really really good”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 April 2009

While it the Palazzo rooms are very similar to the Venetian (jsut different colors) we enjoyed our stay here alot more.
Walking from Valet to checkin was not a marathon and to be greeted by your name made us feel very special. Check-in was extremely quick and the walk to the elevators was also close by. While you still have to walk through the casino it is not a huge walk through like some.
We had room 39-737 an extremely quiet room (2nd from the end of the hall) with a great view of the Wynn gold course. We literally heard little noise from our neighbours and were up high enough to not hear the road traffic either. All over a really good room.
We were there to relax and having HD-tv's was a bonus .. crystal clear viewing.
Not a complaint from us.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank FionaJM
Write a ReviewReviews (15,985)

Reviewed 14 April 2009

We went to invited guest check-in ,(per our guest relations reservation). I slipped the sandwich over the counter -- cc, $20, and DL and we were upgraded from the basic luxury suite at the venetian to the Bella suite with view at the palazzo. Just as the many ,many other reviews have stated,-- as soon as the young gal saw the $20, she typed away on her computer and made a few phone calls and that was it. We were checked in early and this was at 11 am. Our booked guaranteed reservation suite was not even ready yet and the upgraded suite with a view was!
I would definitely try this again at hotel reservations in las vegas.
I also tried the sandwich at the box office for a show on the strip and we were given tickets in the VIP section. Again, the young gal saw the $20 sandwich and said that will not be a problem. Bingo, we were moved up to the 5th row from the stage. Definitely will try again.

1  Thank muffin417
Reviewed 13 April 2009

My wife reserved our room with her card and I placed the charges on my card. However, we were charged for Palazzo Las Vegas twice with two slight variations in the name. Neither the cc company nor Palazzo would tell us where the money went or refund to us.

Beware the double credit card charge!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank skyflyercolorado
Reviewed 12 April 2009

Stayed here for five nights in April. Beautiful lobby welcomes you when you arrive and the casino is roomy and never felt crowded. Selfparked in the garage, never had a problem finding a good space and it's closer to the guest-room elevators than the valet.
Check-in at 11 am Sunday morning took 5 minutes. Got a Strip view room on the 30th floor facin TI. Although the rooms are beautiful it could have been cleaner. Some kind of cereal was left by the window the entire stay and the couch seemed very dirty with stains all over it.
The staff was a hit and miss. Almost no one said hallo or good morning as you would pass theme in the hallways. The maids never even maid eye contact. The security by the elevators looked angry most of the time, not very service minded in my eyes. In these days the staff is really important to sell you on their property and I'm sorry to say that the staff att The Palazzo didn't do a great job.
Pool area is ok, crowded and small pools, it was Spring Break so a lot of kids.
One thing I never understood was why they played loud music by the pool. Music is fine by me but when i can't talk to the person next to me without raising my voice something is wrong.
Would I go back to Palazzo? With all the choices in Las Vegas and the current prices I'm not sure. Rooms are nice, location is good, staff not very friendly and the pool is just average. If you like me like to work out even on you vacation it's 40$ a day to use the gym! Sorry to say I did not use it.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
4  Thank pycko
Reviewed 12 April 2009

This is one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. Gargantuan room on the 39th floor, with a separate step-down sitting area and big windows overlooking the swimming pools and the Vegas strip. Huge marble bath with glass shower and separate tub.

Multiple swimming pools, all well maintained. Extra charge for the workout facility & spa, which I did not use.

Vegas in 2009 is the city of idle cranes and half-built luxury condo towers--a bit depressing, but the nicer hotels like The Venetian/Palazzo are competing for business and offering great rates. I was here on business, but my family would've enjoyed it as well.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
4  Thank nyc04
Reviewed 12 April 2009

We stayed on the concierge level. The continental breakfasts and evening happy hours in the concierge lounge were great. The service we received throughout the hotel was consistently good. All were consistently helpful and cheerful. The room was beautiful and the location was great. The shops at the Palazzo are very high-end but this is Las Vegas so all you have to do is walk to the next hotel or cross the street to find more variety.

If you're looking for affordable sundries, snacks and beverages, try the ABC Store at The Fashion Mall across the street.

If I visit Las Vegas again, the Palazzo is definitely where I would stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Shapleigh3
Reviewed 12 April 2009

My wife and I had the opportunity to spend two nights at the Palazzo in Las Vegas April 4th and 5th 2009. We loved every aspect of our stay.

We drove to town and deposited our car with the valet and luggage with a bellman. We had reserved a Concierge level room (suite) based on many comments on Trip Advisor. A couple of days before arrival I received an email describing the check-in process. We drove to the Palazzo, left our car with the valet and our luggage with a bellman and proceeded to the 23rd floor Concierge lounge.

We were greeted immediately and check-in took only a few minutes. We received the requested king bed suite on the 25th floor, which is non-smoking. We used the private elevator that runs between 23rd and 28th floors which we thought was kind of cool. Two elevators service the six concierge floors so one comes almost immediately and gives a feeling of exclusivity.

Our suite, #25833 was wonderful! It smelled fresh and was spotlessly clean. It had every amenity we could want including being absolutely quite. We never heard any noise whatsoever when we were in our room which I appreciated. Our only frustration was that it took over an hour to get our luggage once the concierge called for it. I called guest services a couple of times and it finally arrived.

The king bed was very comfortable and the pillows and bed linens seemed to be very high quality. Night stands and lamps were on both sides of the bed. There was a CD player with clock radio on one side and phone on the opposite night stand. On the wall across from the bed was a 42” High Def flat-screen TV. Under that was a dresser with a lighted top. Next to the bed was a double-door lighted closet.

On the wall between the sleeping area and sitting area were the thermostat and the remote for the blinds and black-out curtains. Our suite had a view of basically…nothing of interest. Our suite faced East and the bellman suggested we close the black-out curtains if we wanted to sleep later in the morning.

The sitting area had a large sectional sofa and a large coffee table. The couch was very comfortable. There was a small desk next to the couch with both wired and wireless internet connection. Because the charge was $9.95 per day I used my Verizon wireless connection instead. Next to the desk were a Brother multi-function (AIO) printer, fax, copier, and scanner. The work area seemed cramped, but we were not in Las Vegas to work.

Across from the sofa were a 32” flat-screen High Def TV and a standard DVD player. Some of the channels on this TV did not work, but again we were not in Vegas to watch TV so it did not matter to us. We did not report the problem. Under the TV was a mini bar, which we did not use, and an electronic safe, which we did use. Also across from the sofa was a round table and chairs with seating for three.

The bathroom was very luxurious with both a deep bathtub and a glass-enclosed shower. The vanity area had dual sinks and an assortment of high quality bath amenities. Towels for three were provided and my wife commented that she liked them better than ours at home. Two resort robes were also hanging in the bathroom and a 19” high-definition TV was mounted so above the vanity area. The water closet had a dual line phone

We went to the Concierge lounge at about 5:30 to see what appetizers were being offered. We had not intended to make it our dinner, but the food was so good it and we ate so much of it that it was our dinner. That night food was from the Mario Batali restaurant B&B Ristorante at the Venetian next door. Service in the Concierge Lounge was very good. It was crowded, but the food was continually replenished. Mixed drinks were only served at the bar, but one of the attendants offered non-mixed drinks including wine and champagne continually.

For me, the biggest benefit of paying to upgrade to the Concierge Level was coffee in the morning. Coffee and a continental breakfast were available from 6:00 AM. The continental breakfast was nicely presented and included fruit, baked goods, cold cereals, juice and croissant breakfast sandwiches. I enjoyed starting my days sitting and reading by one of the windows that overlook The Strip and enjoying three or four cups of the excellent coffee.

Both my wife and I liked the Palazzo’s casino. It was less smoky than others and easy to navigate with wide aisles running from side to side and end to end. You did not have to weave your way through the casino to get to the guest room elevators as in some other casinos. At the entry to the guest elevators security seemed to do a good job checking room keys helping ensure non-guests were not wandering around.

My wife and I both enjoy breakfast so we ate at Grand Luxe Café both mornings. For the first time ever in Las Vegas, I had a tip refused. The restaurant was full so I offered the hostess a tip for a booth. I was very surprised when we were politely told we would have a booth and a tip was unnecessary. Wow. My wife ordered a Garden Omelet both days and said it was the best omelet she ever had. I did the buffet and thought the food was excellent.

Our only other dining experience was at Morels. We had a late lunch Monday and look forward to returning for dinner the next time we visit The Palazzo. The service and food at lunch were excellent, including a wonderful Vanilla Pavlova we split for desert. Morels offers a selection of specialty coffees and I really enjoyed the excellent Kenyan coffee.

We used express check-out which involved filling out a card and leaving it at the Concierge desk. We had a bellman pick up our luggage when we checked out. When we left late in the afternoon we turned in the claim checks for both our car and luggage. Both arrived in about five minutes.

We enjoyed our stay at The Palazzo very much. It is a beautiful hotel and the service was excellent. It may sound odd, but The Palazzo just felt very comfortable to my wife and I!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple