“The best hotel I've probably ever stayed in”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 May 2009

I went with a group of girlfriends (age 24-27), looking for a relaxing girl's weekend (non-gamblers). We booked a room facing the Wynn high up on the 19th floor. $199 per night we stayed 4nts. Another group of friends stayed at the Wynn and our room was far better.

One word: Awesome. The room is clean, great modern decor, and super spacious. We had enough room for 4 girls and all of our junk everywhere (clothes, gifts, makeup and hair products). The beds are ultra comfy and there's a huge L-shaped sofa to lounge and watch TV waiting for your friends to get ready. There are 3 LCDs to watch and the bathroom is big enough to have 4 girls shower/bathe do their hair and makeup. The room is very quiet, we heard nothing as we slept and the curtain shade (motorized) is great, blocks out all the light for sleeping in.

I ordered room service one night after partying. I ordered a tuna sandwich and fries and it was yummy after a night of drinking. They were pretty quick, took about 25 minutes to get the food up to the room.

It's at the end of the strip so not really in the middle of everything, but right across the street is the mall where all the luxury stores are. You can still walk everywhere, to the strip, or take a cab.

The pool is fantastic but with one flaw: the building is so high and the sun gets blocked after time so the pool will not warm up and you may not get a tan. But there are 3 pools and it gets busy by midday. There is food service at the pool which was great. We snuck into Wynn's pool one day but it was crazy busy with a lot of those spring break hussy types and their Abercrombie boyfriends, no place to lay out or sit. We ended up coming back to Palazzo's pool.

It was a fantastic stay. I have nothing really to complain about. I would go back anyday.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
5  Thank chocokat

Reviewed 21 May 2009

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Palazzo.

Check-in:
We arrived at around 1pm on a Friday, the check-in line wasn't too long. Like previous posters, I was very disappointed that you had to pay extra to use the fitness center. However, one very important thing to note: If you go to the Spa/fitness center directly they will charge you $40 a day for access. If you ask at the front desk and buy your access there, they can give you a deal - we got it for $29.95 a day, minimum 2 days. They also give you two $20 dining credits to use at the hotel (includes restaurants like LAVO and SushiSamba), two Madame Tussaud's passes, and a slot credit (it was $15 or $20). With all of these bonuses, it practically pays for itself.
Walking through the casino to the hotel elevators I noticed that it still smells new, no nasty smoke! We also requested a non-smoking floor, and there were no hints of smoke at all.

Rooms:
It goes without saying that the rooms are great. The beds are very comfortable and the linens are nice.
The bathroom was more than large enough. A couple of disappointments here were:
1. the towels were not very soft at all
2. i wonder what they were thinking when they designed the separate water closet with the toilet. the only way to access the WC is through the bathroom. it really makes no sense to have it behind another door if you can't access it by itself from inside the room- without bothering anyone who may be in the shower or tub.
3. same question goes for the second vanity with mirror. it would be much more useful if it was place outside in the room.
Numbers 2 and 3 I say because we were three girls in the same room. I imagine that if you were there with your significant other it may not be an issue.
The hotel service staff was very friendly, always greeted us with a hello when we passed by in the hallways.

Pool:
There are several pools, some are much smaller than others. Depending on the time of day, certain pools are in the sun and some are not. In general it wasn't too difficult to find enough open chairs, at any time of day. We didn't try Azure, as there was a $50 drink minimum per person.
One very important thing to note about the pool bar and getting drinks from the waitresses:
I paid 5 different prices over the course of 4 days for the same drink. You may think by reading this that it was due to happy hour prices, but that is not the case. Friday at 4pm I paid $10 for a frozen vodka lemonade from a waitress. Seemed reasonable enough. On Saturday it was $12, from a waitress. Sunday before 2pm they charged me $15. At this point, I said something to the waitress and she said that "they" (I can only assume she meant management) had just changed the prices on drinks and they were in the process of getting things updated. So I just shook it off. Finally on Monday I went directly to the bar, where I was charged $9 and then $12 for the same frozen vodka lemonade. It had become completely laughable by then, and the girl behind the bar flipped the screen around to show me that the computer really said $12. Long story short, you may want to ask before you buy... just so they can't hit you with random prices.

Restaurants:
We ate at quite a few places in the hotel.
Canyon Ranch Grill - we ate here every morning for breakfast. Completely yummy and healthy.
LAVO - pricey but the food was great & the atmosphere was fun. I highly recommend the kobe beef rice ball appetizer. but beware, it's the size of a softball!! we also went here later for the nightclub. VERY crowded on the dance floor but fun otherwise.
SushiSamba - decent, but very overpriced. the service we received while sitting at the bar for our meal was less than satisfying.
Table 10 - inventive cocktails, great salads - pricey
Woo - sat at the bar and had the Chinese Chicken Salad. very tasty and the bartender Marty was very nice

Overall, had a great time. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
7  Thank slickllh
Reviewed 21 May 2009

We went at a quiet time, so got an incredibly competitive rate on accomodation. Overall a classy hotel, suitable for families as well as couples.
Rooms are amazing, we had a standard room with a large living area, remote curtains, luxury bathroom with large bath, shower etc. 3 flat screen TV's throughout the suite. Bed was extremely comfortable.
Hotel itself has a great pool area and you can also access the venetian pool area. Numerous pools and loungers although very popular with staff to assist in finding loungers. The spa itself was a disappointment as it costs a lot of money for a one day pass to use the fitness centre and the spa prices were not good value. Plenty of cheap eating options available - the grand lux cafe is good value for breakfast or lunch and there is a food court in the adjoining venetian hotel.
Good location in the middle of the strip, opposite Treasure Island and Mirage and Fashion Show mall.
Just be aware that on check-in they pre-authorise $150 per day to your credit card, so make sure you have a spare card with plenty of free credit for this.
Regarding tours to the grand canyon etc, these seemed to be cheaper if booked in advance from the UK rather than on arrival in Vegas, and don't forget to add 15-20% to the price for the driver's tip.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoC78
Reviewed 19 May 2009

A high-end hotel that actually gets most everything right. The Palazzo seems like a small and compact luxury hotel when compared to other properties that require a 2 mile hike to get anywhere. Everything was spotless, the rooms were huge, dead quiet (no hallway noise), luxurious and comfortable and the A/C was potent. Only ate at one restaurant (the Grand Luxe for breakfast) but $9-$10 for huge and tasty portions seemed like the deal of the century. You can tell that the Cheesecak Factory owns the chain. My only complaint is the $40/day they charge to use the fitness center, especially when it requires a 20 minute walk over to the Venetian. I mean...seriously $40 to use a treadmill for 30 minutes? It did look beautiful though but for that much money, you should get a free rubdown. Overall, I would stay here again in a heartbeat if we could book at the discounted package price we got for this trip. Great job at every level.

3  Thank kmanct
Reviewed 17 May 2009

We looked at staying at the Palazzo last year, but it had only just opened - so we preferred to wait until the hotel had gone through it's inevitable "teething problems". Upon receiving an e-mail with a special offer just before we left the UK and so decided to book upon that basis. It's always worth signing up to the hotels' guest books, as they will send you special offers which we took advantage of

We arrived at check in around noon believing that we might not get our room until later, however, they did have a room available immediately which satisfied our request for a high floor - we were on the 25th floor with a view overlooking the Wynn and its golf course

The standard suite was superb (similar in style to the Venetian) with plenty of space, and three T.V.'s (i.e. one in the bathroom)

During our stay we ate at Table 10 in the Palazzo, also Postrio and Aquaknox in the Venetian, all of which were excellent, both in the quality of the food, and the service. We also had cocktails at Sushi Samba which were innovative

We would have given the Palazzo a five rating, but for the overcrowded pool areas on the Saturday of our stay. It was Spring Break whilst we were there, but having wandered up and down both the Palazzo and Venetian pool areas, there wasn't a spare lounger to be had!

We have been at busy times in the past and quite often there are pool staff available to help you find loungers, but in this instance no-one seemed to want to assist - we have been visiting Vegas regularly since 1996 and have never experienced such difficulties.
We had been led to believe that Vegas was struggling due to the global economic situation, but this certainly didn't seem to be the case when we were there

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tangerines
Reviewed 17 May 2009

Having previously stayed at the Venetian I was excited to share the luxury experience with my spouse. Palazzo is bland and room is not impressive. What made matters worse is as part of our package we were to recieve breakfast for two each morning and $50 off massage at spa. Turns out $50 off only counts on 80 minute mesage - which generally runs $270 (!!!!). So with $50 discount it ONLY costs $230. My wife thought massage was NOT worth it - and in fact she enjoyed massage we recently recieved at htel in Rosarito beach much more than this one.

Our vacation was RUINED by room service. First morning room service tried to charge us $50 for toast and OJ - when I showed her our coupon for free breakfast as part of package we purchased she was confused and had no idea what it was. I spent part of the day on hold on the phone trying to clear up confusion as one does not go on vacation to argue with room service over the cost of toast. The following morning - - - after being assured that it would not happen again - room servce tried again to charge us $50 for breakfast. I was so disgusted with having to argue while half asleep at the cost - I told the lady to just remove the tray. She could tell I was angry -and said "oh, just have it - ill straighten it out". 5 minutes later - room service supervisor called to demand our food back if would not pay (for food we had paid for as part of the package). When I EXPALNED WE HAD ALREADY STARTED TO EAT - SHE GOT Huffy and stated we would be paying for the entire platter. Nothing says relaxation like room service threatening to grab food away from you :)

I called for a front office manager to complain - and NEVER recieved a call back. On checking out - after spending far to much of my vacation arguing about food that I had already paid for - they tried to add breakfast cost to my bill. When I asked to speak to a manager I was greeted by a cold fish who had no interest in helping. Only after I emphatically expalined that I would not pay was he kind enough to not charge me for the meals I had alreaady paid for!

Motel 6 has more concern for thier guests than this balnd hotel. STAY AWAY!

5  Thank socaltravels30
Reviewed 16 May 2009

Had a great stay. Service was excellent. Was missing a remote for TV in bathroom and makeup mirror did not work and both were replaced in less than 20 minutes. Front desk answered phone promptly. I'm amazed that people didn't think this was a 5 star hotel. I guess the Taj Mahal is not big enough for them. Visited several hotels (Wynn, Caesars, Bellagio, Mandalay) and although very nice I prefer Palazzo/Venetian. Only downside is expense and wish table limits were lower but can go right next door and play craps for $3 minimum to help stretch out your losses.

2  Thank gaspasr