“Nice Place, only minor flaws” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, IL
“Nice Place, only minor flaws”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2009

My wife and I just got back from a four night stay at the Palazzo and we were very happy. We had a standard Luxury Suite on the 22nd floor overlooking the Wynn, which in my opinion is better than paying the extra $45/night for a strip view. I will agree with some other reviewers about the air vent in the room running constantly and being a little loud, but I would still say the room was very nice. A lot of people have seemed to complain about the smell in the hotel/casino, however neither of us thought it was at all offensive, and we don't have broken noses. I realize there are people out there with super sensitive noses and other people with noses that don't smell anything, and I would say I have an average sense of smell. I will admit there is less smoking in the casino than some of the other casinos, but it is still there, and being from a state that doesn't allow smoking in public places it is a little annoying. We went to the pool one morning, but there is only one section that seems to get any sun at that time of day because of the building shadow. My wife had a pedicure at the spa for $80 (sale from $95), which was a little bit more than some of the other hotels, but she said it was better than ones she had at other hotels in Vegas. We ate at Grand Luxe which was good, we at at CUT which was amazing, and we ate at the deli in the food court at the Venetian which was suprisingly good. All in all my wife and I had a wonderful stay and would definietely consider staying here again, and would recommend it to our friends.
I also highly recommend checking out Valley of Fire State Park if you are looking for a break from the hussle and bussle of the strip.
Also while we were there they were offering free wifi in the rooms which they normally charge for.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,519)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2009

They have a fragrance in this casino and the Venetician that is so strong and offensive people were leaving....our eyes were watering and all of us had allergy like symptons....it seems like everyone on the strip knows about it and I am not sure what they are thinking because people will not gamble here.....The smell is everywhere and horrible. I think they are trying to cover cigerette smoke but, we all would rather smell smoke or stinky feet before this scent. Don't stay there unless you have Michael Jackson's nose...lol

Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Miami
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2009

Our experience at the Palazzo Hotel was generally great. Standard suite with view was gorgeous and plenty of fine dining options between the Palazzo and Venetian. Tao beach pool is loctaed on their premises, however, independently owned. On Friday thru Sundays, the TAO Beach manager instructs staff to place "reserved signs" on all chairs at the pool (even the standard chairs that have no charge Mon- Thur). We were flat out told by the attendent that the standard chairs are reserved for "friends" of the manager and told our only option was to get a reserved bed with a $400.00 food/beverage minimum for the day. There was no specific list of names of people for these standard "reserved" chairs. Ths is simply a BS tactic to force guests to pay a premium for beds/cabana's when standard chairs are available. The hotel management sympathized, however claimed they have no control since TAO beach is not owned by them. Well they certainly lease the property to them and their guest's experience is impacted by this rip off practice. Will defineitely consider alternate resort next time due to this.

6 Thank cmazza
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2009

Recently spent 4 days at the Palazzo. We had stayed at the Venetian and enjoyed it very much. The Palazzo rooms are identical in layout, just newer and nicer. We had a standard room on the 32nd floor overlooking the golf course and mountains and the view was terrific. Not worth paying extra for the Strip view, in my opinion. The bed is extremely comfortable and the room is lovely. Marbled bathroom. 3 flat screen TV's. The only drawback is the noisy air vent over the closet which blows constantly and loudly, annoying at night. Staff is very friendly and courteous. We had a car, and self parking was next to the rear casino elevator which was right next to the room elevators...very convenient. The casino is very elegant and spacious. No smoking areas are great. Table minimums are high, but video poker is cheap and fun. 20 restaurants in the Palazzo and adjoining Venetian...had great meals at Dos Caminos and Grand Luxe. I would definitely recommend...but fixing that noisy vent would help make the room much better.

Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2009

The perfect hotel/casino experience! A must-stay! Great hotel and terrific tables in the casino area. You can also join TAO's beach party at The Venetian!

Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2009

Great hotel! While other upscale hotels on the Strip are getting weathered and worn... it's refreshing to stay in a gorgeous hotel with new furniture, bedding, etc. Great staff and oversized rooms. Got upgraded to an extra large room on a high floor with great views. Love this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
County Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2009

We visited the Palazzo for 2 nights in a Fortuna Suite with a 'view' of the strip. When I say 'view', we could see the hideous pink building that is Treasure Island and the garishly golden Trump building. That's it really. Hardly an amazing view - not really the hotel's fault though.

The suite we chose was a higher grade than the standard suite we took in the Venetian last year, largely due to the complaints seen here on TA about the dilapidated rooms found by guests lately. Our suite was missing two crucial things however - the In-suite Dining menu and the Guest Services directory. Pretty big oversight in my opinion. The suite other than that was lovely. Great TVs and lovely bed. However in our suite there was this fresh air vent which cannot be turned off which is really quite loud. When you're on the 49th floor of a hotel, you don't expect to open the windows, but this thing made me want to suffer the consequences had we the option. Really annoying. I asked housekeeping and they told me it was normal. If it is then I'd warn people to check the noise level before accepting the suite as it kept me awake all night.

In-suite Dining at the Palazzo is very expensive. Last year we ordered from the ISD menu at the Venetian. I assume the kitchen is the same - as the ISD menus appear to be identical from what I saw online. The quality of the food has gone down in my opinion however. I ordered a dinner service and breakfast service and while the meals were adequate and plentiful, I did think they didn't quite warrant the high prices. Over $60 for breakfast for 2 people is entirely insane - but this is Vegas.

Otherwise the hotel is nice. I do prefer the Palazzo casino to others on the strip. The high ceilings lend a great sense of space to the crowded valleys of betting people. We dined in the restaurant CUT one evening and would recommend everyone does - absolutely fabulous.

Other than that we didn't move much toward the pool deck which looked nice from the suite window or anywhere else. The link to the Venetian's 'Shoppes' is nice to walk through, but it seems the quality of shops is lacking - especially when you see that Wynn has Cartier etc and Bellagio has Fendi etc. Not that anyone could afford the contents anyway!

My gripe was the cost of the internet - at $9.99 after paying over $600 for 2 nights' stay mid-week, it's a bit rich. Really should be free in this kind of place. Wouldn't be the fastest I've ever used either but it's ok. I like the printer/fax/scanner in the room though - a true gem. But beware that not enough power outlets are available at the desk and some devices will be sacrificed for your needs.

Overall it was a pleasant experience. The spacious suite was nice and the meal at CUT certainly repaired any ill feelings toward ISD but it is an expensive ordeal all round. Best advice is to maybe stay in the Venetian for the lesser price and steer clear of the ISD at all costs - even if you're desperate! It's just not worth the money until they sort out the food quality. Shame really.

1 Thank diarmy