“Honeymoon Splendor!”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 31 August 2010

We recently stayed at the Palazzo for our honeymoon, and what a great choice!! I am a hotel manager, so I tend to look at hotels differently than other guests. To my suprise, I could find nothing wrong with this hotel! Our room was clean, housekeeping service was outstanding, and every employee we passed in the halls went out of their way to say "Hello" to us! Others have rated this hotel as impersonal, but I had the complete opposite impression. The girl who checked us in was thrilled to hear it was our honeymoon, and upgraded us to a higher floor with a strip view since our original room was not ready when we arrived. This was my first time in Las Vegas, and I cant wait to go back! The room was wonderful, not to mention huge! We found a store downstairs to buy a bottle of wine from, and there are wine glasses and a wine opener in the room which was more than convenient! Topping off a night of nonstop walking on the town was well suited with a glass of wine and a warm bath in the deep soaking tub! The Grande Lux Cafe, First Food and Bar, Dos Caminos and CUT were all above expectation (which were high to begin with). The only downside was the $10 minimums at the card tables in the casino, but what else would you expect from such an upper-class Resort?! As I said before, this was my first trip to Las Vegas, and I will not stay anywhere but the Palazzo because of this excellent experience! You have my business for life!! As a hotel manager, we are asked about other accommodations frequently, especially vacation cities such as Vegas... this hotel/casin/resort will be my ONLY recommendation! Thank you Palazzo and Staff for making our honeymoon more than enjoyable! We will be back very soon!!!

1  Thank PaulaR-MGMT
Write a ReviewReviews (15,993)

Reviewed 30 August 2010

All prior posts about the generous room size and nice amenities are true. The hotel is proud of their air ventiliation system and the fragrance that is emitted - but it has a cloying sweet smell that gets old after a while. I stayed on the 38th floor with a view of the back of the hotel - the mountains are attractive, but the main feature is a huge ugly white roof of some building next door - not very scenic. Did not want to pay $50 extra per night for strip view. The bed is comfortable, but you get tiny little lumpy pillows. I could not get the room temperature right - I was always either too hot or too cold, and the air conditioning system is loud. My room had some wear and tear - the couch was missing buttons, the marble had been stained, the TV console had broken hardware, and the light over the table was broken. A console in the bed area had a switch for some missing element, and a light feature between the double beds had no switch to turn it on. You pay $15 per day to use Internet. The bathroom is quite nice, but the commode is in a separate small hot room with dim lighting and dubious toilet water pressure - and a door that insists on slamming shut. The hotel swells on weekends starting Friday nights and hoards of trashy drunken partiers take over the casino and run amok in the hallways to the wee hours. Note that in a security effort you are constantly asked to show your room card to gain acess to the elevators. I was at the hotel on business and needed to wake up early on a Sat morning to catch a flight - but I had no sleep Friday night because of the raucus party people on the floor and loud thumpa-thumpa music until 4 in the morning. I reported the noise to security who told me they could not find where the noise was coming from and seemed indifferent to my plight . The room doors close loudly and you cannot manually close them quietly so all night long you hear door slams on the floor. The check in staff are curt and seem to have a blase "I've heard it all before" attitude. You are warned not to touch any of the mini-bar items as the minute you do you will be charged because they are weight sensitive. Watch out for the hotel bottle of water - the mini-bar menu is not clear that you will pay $5 for that water (the menu looks like you only pay for the Fiji water, but no, you pay for the hotel bottle as well.) You are given a small map of the hotel layout that makes no sense and does not have any detail, making finding things very difficult. The map has conference room numbers, but when you go to the conference room area the rooms are first by name and then number. I was mis-directed twice in trying to find a restaurant and ended up wandering about for a long time. Checking in took over 20 minutes and there is not enough staff working the desk. Strangely, you do not receive your bill under the door, you have to manually check out - which adds time. Note that the airport shuttle service runs only on the hour on weekends. The main pool is just a big rectangle; there is a strange little pool by some cabana rooms, and a smaller rectangular pool at the rear. All in all not a very inspired pool area. The Canyon Ranch has two work out rooms - one small one by the entrance, and a larger one that is a long walk away. My recommendation to a friend is just a slim margain from not recommending.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2010

My new favorite hotel in Vegas. Very large rooms, remote control curtains, three televisions, in-room wireless and wired internet with printer. The safe has an electrical outlet to charge whatever you are safekeeping in there. There's a six-drawer lighted-top dresser plus a large 2-drawer night table for clothes storage and a closet of course. There are plenty of lights in the room, they just don't put out much light. It's energy saving I'm sure. The master light switch by the door is a stroke of genius when it comes to easily saving electricity - no running around turning all the lights off. But having a dimly lit sleep area is one thing, in the bathroom this is bad. You really can't see your face well to shave, so it's more of a shave by feel process. Maid service was terrific. The elevator service was fast and the smoke in the casino was kept to a minimum - much better than other hotel casinos. There are plenty of moderately priced places to eat and shop in the Palazzo-Venetian complex. Self parking was convenient and easy. The hotel is diagnally across the street from the very nice Fashion Show mall - worth visiting. For breakfast, we ate at the Grand Lux Cafe - excellent food.

Reviewed 29 August 2010

After signing up for the Palazzo & Venetian's "Grazie" player's club card last summer and spending 1/2 hour on the slot machines at the Palazzo, they sent me a $79/night room rate that my husband and I decided to take them up on this past week. Very classy hotel with amenities, food and service all top-notch. The room we received (their basic suite) was just about the size of the last apartment that my husband and I rented for a year before our house was built (700 sq ft). Baths were luxurious, with separate shower and soaking tub, TV, and makeup table. Beds were so comfortable the only way we could get ourselves out of bed each morning was to use our remote control to open the curtains. Every employee was personable (from the great staff at the Grand Lux Cafe to the security staff to the pool attendants). The pool area was beautiful; several different sizes and types of pools to suit couples and families. We put our chaise lounges in the pool and just spent 3 hours laying out in the sun, still keeping cool because we were an inch or two submerged in the pool by the lounges. Perfect setup! We had dinner at Dal Toro one night and went to see Blue Man Group afterward; great date night (there are literally no words to describe Blue Man Group; just something everyone should experience once in their life to feel as indescribable as I do writing this!) The only negatives I have (and they are extremely slight ones that can't really be helped) is the location being in the north-central strip portion of the "action"; wish it were located near the Flamingo or NY-NY instead; and the almost $20/night resort fee that you are charged for afterwards. It includes all local and toll-free calls, use of the machines at the Canyon Ranch Spa, and a daily newspaper. Too bad it wasn't alacarte, because the only thing we took advantage of was the newspaper. Again, only slight negatives, but I don't mind giving The Palazzo my seal of approval and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. If they offered us a special rate again, we would definitely go; we just could not afford $250-$300/night rack rate plus to stay. But it was amazing to feel as pampered and as spoiled as we did for 5 days last week. Two very big thumbs up!!!

1  Thank Cordelia01604
Reviewed 28 August 2010

Upgraded from the venetian, had a strip view on 44th floor and it was worth every penny, AMAZING!!! The room was huge and really clean, the only draw back about the rooms was the 3 tv's, you have to pay to view, which ok yr on holidays so why do you want to watch tv??? DO NOT even touch the mini bar/fridge as it is sensored, you even move a bottle to have a look, you will get charged!! We found the desk at both venetian and palazzo fast and poliet. we had no prblems with either hotel at any time. The hotel is huge and you can spend days looking around that!! Just outside the palazzo is walgreens which is a cheap supermarket, good for anything you have left behind, toiletries etc, cheap water and cheap take out coffee etc. I would hightly reccommend the Mirage buffet, breakfast and lunch are out of this world. (Over the road!). Over all this is an amazing hotel, in a good postion on the strip, very roomy and very clean. very highly reccommended.

1  Thank cat-n-jay
Reviewed 27 August 2010

We stayed at the Palazzo for 4 nights- the rooms are huge (and we just got the standard) and in very good condition. Three tvs, a separate living area,large bathroom etc. We had initially been booked into a standard room on the 9th floor with no view (It was terrible- overlooking a horrible roof) so we requested to change rooms, we were relocated to the same type of room on the 29th floor with a view (extra $50 US per night)- this was so worth it as we overlooked the hotel pool and the Strip. It was fun getting ready to go out and watch was was happening below.
We were tossing up between staying at the Bellagio or Palazzo when booking this holiday, I am happy that we booked the Palazzo as it looked newer and seemed to have more going on as it was connected to the Venetian.
Service is quite impersonal but I guess that is what you expect staying in such a massive place.

Reviewed 26 August 2010

Took advantage of an e-mail package offer and stayed here for 3 nights. Because I was traveling with a friend, I wanted a room with 2 beds-thus my choices were somewhat limited, as most of the room categories have king-size beds. Nevertheless, our Bella View Suite was incredible, and huge! The bathroom was gorgeous and enormous. It had a television, although the placement was kind of strange- you couldn't really watch it from the tub. I had paid extra for a Strip view- but the view was only OK- the hotel is set very far back from the Strip, and the angle was such that we faced Treasure Island head-on, and only saw part of the rest of the Strip. Nevertheless, for me the location was perfect. The hotel was near everything I wanted to do.

The casino had the latest slots and I liked that it was not overrun with loud packs of partyers- if you are the kind of person who wants to be where the action is, then maybe this is not the best choice for you- but I appreciated that it was quieter than, for example, the Bellagio casino. It was not dead, but it was more of a hum of activity than a roar. Although you did have to go through the casino to get to the guest elevators, the path was very wide, so it was easy and quick to navigate with luggage.

The hotel has its own driveway, lobby, and front desk, but is connected to the Venetian. It was no problem to go back and forth between the Venetian and Palazzo. I liked that I did not have to exhchange slot vouchers for cash, but could use the same one in both casinos. There were many restaurants and lots of shopping- it would have been quite possible to stay on the property for the entire vacation. I did not have the time to take advantage of the pools or health club, but look forward to doing so on a future trip.

Check-in was easy- we arrived at about 10:30 a.m. after a cross-country flight, and were delighted to be given a room immediately. Check-out would have been easy, but there was a glitch on the bill. The clerk went to talk to his manager to settle it- while he was gone, quite a line built up behind me. I felt bad for those people, and thought the hotel should have more desk clerks to assist them. The problem with my bill was resolved satisfactority, and I have no hesitation about going back or recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends