“Nice enough for the weekend”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 27 December 2010

A friend and I flew down for a 3 day weekend Dec.3rd. We arrived at the Palazzo around 11pm. There was about a 30 min. wait in line to check-in. (typical)
The rooms were nice enough for a weekend. We just flew in to see some shows so it was sufficient. The beds weren't as comfortable as one might think fo the price of the room. But, again....it was okay for a few days.
The Lavo restaurant has delicious Italian food. Although, the extremely loud music and the waiter who was trying to turn the table as fast as he could was a drawback. For a few hundred dollar meal for two, I do not expect to be rushed. We received our bread, appetizers and salads all at the same time. And when we requested that he hold off on the entrees for a while, he replied they had already "fired them". At that point, we told him not to bring them until we asked for them. (we had a lot to eat already)

The Grand Luxe restaurant was of good quality for breakfast on the morning that we left.

I also want to add that the room service food was good, but an hour wait each time. Big hotel.....it was to be expected.

Another problem area that I see for the Palazzo is the "Taxi" line area. The taxi line is downstairs, underground. This is the only place you can get a taxi. Although, taxi's are dropping people off at the front entrance and leaving empty.
2 hours before one of our shows, we waited in the taxi line for 20 min. seeing only 1 taxi arrive, and take no one from the taxi line, but instead taking people with luggage (we assume to the airport) The line was long and not moved in line for 20 min. we decided it would be quicker to walk across to street to the Mirage, get in their taxi line which moves very fast mind you (dropping off and picking up at the same time.....makes sense) we waited approx: 10 min. hopped in taxi and made it to our show at the Rio with an hour to spare.

I would probably not stay here again, as they are many other nice hotels in Vegas. (with more comfortable beds)(normally, I stay at the MGM Signature Towers)
But, I would recommend it to anyone for a weekend.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bfulk

Reviewed 24 December 2010

Just came back from our stay in Las Vegas, December 21-23. Stayed at the Bellagio, Las Vegas last year with our family and loved it. Thought we would stay at the Venetian this year as this also a 5 start hotel. There were no rooms available upon our early (11 AM) arrival at the Venetian, so we were offered two identical "Venetian type rooms" in the Palazzo Hotel, which is part of the Venetian. The rooms were big and spacious. We found them very comfortable. Great view of the mountains, lots of room for 4 adults (we occupied 2 rooms with 4 occupants in each room), and we were given rooms on the same floor to make things more convenient for all of us. The view from the 39th floor was beautiful and the rooms were very quiet. If there were people in the rooms adjacent to us, we didn't know it. We received complimentary continental breakfast tickets at the Grand Lux Cafe. You could upgrade to their Breakfast Buffet for an additional $8.50 per person, which we did. It was well worth it as our family loved the breakfast buffet. They had a great variety of food and it was all very tasty!

We paid a resort fee of $17 plus tax per room per night ($19.04); not quite sure what the fee covered, but it included internet and printer usage. I had no problem with the fee as I was informed of it "up front" when we made our reservations.

What ensued caused me to give their service a rating of 2. The printer in my room was out of ink and had no USB plug to connect to my laptop for printing. I was told they would replace the ink cartridge in my room but I would have to pay $10 for the USB plug if I wanted to print anything. I informed them that there was no USB plug when I entered the room, so why was I required to pay for something that should have been attached to the printer upon my arrival? They informed me they were sorry, but Palazzo occupants had been taking their USB plugs and they would have to charge the next occupant for it if they wanted to use the printer. It would cost me $10 and I could keep the USB plug when I left. I found it incredulous that they would make me pay for something that they should be providing as a service that I already paid for. I did not buy their USB cable. Instead, I went to our son's room, where they had a USB cable connected to their printer, and printed our boarding tickets for our flight back home from their room.

Other than the incident with the USB cable, we had a great time at the Palazzo. Their shops were great, the canal was beautiful, the staff was very polite and helpful, and the location of the hotel enabled us to leave our rented van in the garage so we could walk to most of our destinations on the strip. We would stay there again. However, next time, I will bring a USB cable with me to connect to the printer in my room in the event the same thing happens again.

One other note: There is a 24 hour Walgreen's located right at the corner of the Palazzo. People packed the place buying drinks, snacks, and other "essentials" that would have cost many times that if you purchased it at the Palazzo. For instance, a package of 'M&M' candy at the Palazzo would cost $9; it would cost you $6 for a small bottle of Fuji water from your room. You could buy those items for many times less than that at Walgreens.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2010

This was our second stay at this hotel. First time we were there for the great opening and were very impressed. Well 3 years later it's a big disaster. Usually people complain about the service, well, the service is fine - not the best, but OK, but the rooms... It seems that no one really cares how clean the rooms are. The light switches were disgustingly dirty. Layer of dust everywhere. The clock was broken, the marble in the room and in the bathroom looked like there was some kind of an acid party held on it. the toilet bowl was swinging. With the price being one of the highest on the strip it is a very big disappointment.Room 32711.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kukubla
Reviewed 20 December 2010

We stayed 2 nights at this place for a company event. The room was spacious and clean. We are satisfied with our stay.

However, I would have definitely stayed at Encore if I had the choice. Having stayed at Encore during the previous two Vegas trips, we probably got spoiled. I really like Encore’s modern and elegant guest room. Yes, Palazzo’s standard guest room is slightly bigger than Encore’s, its layout and décor are just not my cup of tea.

On-site restaurants: Sushi Samba is good place for late-night drinks and snacks, its late night happy hour starts at 11am except Saturday. Its food quality is exceptional and consistent. We went to Morels French Steakhouse & Bistro for Sunday brunch, the food was very good the service was impeccable, and our waiter made Bloody Mary right in front of our table, which was pretty cool, highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2010

I've been to Vegas many times, stayed in almost every top hotel. This last trip we again stayed at the Palazzo, our third time. I love everything about this hotel. The rooms are perfect we stay in the King sized suite with sunkin living room. They are large with plenty of seating, room for guests to stop by for a drink before a show. One of the best parts about this hotel is it's location, it's close to everything. Some hotels are crazy busy with traffic passing through from one hotel to another, Palazzo is at the end so you don't get all the crazy crouds. The club right in the hotel is great, spend the money for VIP service it's worth every penny. Our VIP host was amazing and security was fantastic. I'm very picky when it comes to service and when you pay for a table you get, a waitress that won't let you lift a finger also you get fantastic security and to pick where you would like to sit. Dance floor or more private. Call ahead for a VIP experience, our guy called us to let us know our table was ready. You've got to treat your friends once in a while so splurge a little, your in vegas and we don't do much gambling. Service, shopping, and fantastic food is what we really go for. Shopping is also right there just a short walk, don't buy too many clothes before you go, you will want something new. The pool is also fun with the sun in the right spot, plenty of room for everyone in the main pools. The Kardashians there one day. They have fantastic DJ on saturday at the club pool.
This hotel makes you feel like a rockstar and you deserve to feel like one once in a while. I've found with vegas it's best to have a blast pay a little more and you will have the time of your life. Getting ready to plan another trip, just love the Palazzo;)

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 10 December 2010

Stayed at the Palazzo in October for a convention...for hoteliers. So, yes we are picky and we know what to look for. I had no complaints about the Palazzo. All of the staff that I encountered was fabulous. The suites were fantastic. Flat screen in the bathroom, bedroom and sitting area. A personal business center in your room. Very comfortable beds and enough elevators that you weren't waiting forever even in the mornings. I will definitely be back for pleasure.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2010

If you book early and pay under $200 you can't beat this place. Awesome huge room with everything. I can't think of anything I would change.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple