“The "Quiet Home" away from Home”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Las Vegas Airport
Ranked #31 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Saint Robert, Missouri
“The "Quiet Home" away from Home”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I’ve seen the commercials on TV about the Homewood Suites being like a home away from home. And I beg to differ. At home I have pets and grandchildren all over me but at the Homewood in Las Vegas it’s like being at a “Quiet Home” away from Home. I was in Las Vegas for business and didn’t really want all the glamour and noise associated with the town. When I arrived I was greeted with a friendly smile and a caring attitude. I would like to thank Jennifer Jenkins and Jason Siler for the welcome and some helpful conversation. This certainly helped boost my spirits after a long day of traveling. The smiles and the attitude continued throughout my stay, every time I saw them. And it seems the rest of the staff has the same attitude. During my stay there were some minor problems that normally occur and the staffs were quick to respond. When I departed (knowing I was returning in a week for another business trip I booked my rooms there and the staff stored some of my articles pending my return. I've stayed at other hotels in Las Vegas but will only stay at the Homewood Airport from now on.

Room Tip: If you want the noise, glamor and gambling, This Hotel doesn't have them. They have breakfast an...
2 Thank Paul c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Korean first
canada
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Amazingly quiet, non smoking, non gaming hotel. Right by the airport - surprisingly never heard a single plane inside ! Can't say the same for embassy suites we have stayed in previously - though embassy suites had better breakfast. Overall fantastic value. Definitely return. In town for business.

• Stayed May 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Pros:
- Close to the airport
- Shuttle to airport and the strip
- Friendly drivers
- No noise problems

Cons:
- Clueless front desk
- No nearby food options
- Cleaning issues
- Terrible breakfast

This hotel is pretty close to the airport, but I didn't have any noise issues.  The shuttle drivers were both very nice.  The shuttle gets you to the airport or the strip in about 10-15 minutes.  There is nothing within walking distance, so you will need to take the shuttle.  I will warn you ahead of time, the daytime front desk clerk is absolutely clueless when it comes to handling problems, so if you have any issues during your stay, good luck.  The breakfast in the morning was cold and nasty.  I have consistently noticed this problem at Homewood,  Embassy Suites breakfast is much better.  On the housekeeping side, the bedroom and bathroom were clean, but there was a thick coating of dust/dirt around the edges of the floor in the kitchen.  Overall, it's an ok airport hotel for the money.  I would stay again if everything on the strip was booked, but there are much better and more convenient options closer to the action.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Mustangcop
Fernandina Beach, Florida
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We stayed here during a recent convention as we did not need the "excitement" of staying on the strip. It is easy to get to the strip and park there to see the sights and sounds of Las Vegas. Here, you can get work done. Hotel is within minutes of airport and within minutes from Strip. Parking is convenient. Check in was easy. New employee checked us in. She was competent; friendly and knowledgeable. Elevators are a bit far (for some) from the lobby. Our room was on 3rd floor. Some trash in hallway that stayed there overnight. Room was nice, overlooked pool. Quiet. Perhaps too much furniture for size of suite. Kitchen is nice and everything we used there was always cleaned for us for use the next day. Bed was a little soft. We slept with windows open and enjoyed fresh air and evening coolness. No problems with noises from airport. Breakfast was okay. Standard fare for a hotel. Lots of families in breakfast area but seating was available. We did have to clean our own tables. Chairs were stained and should be steam cleaned regularly. We only ate there 2x over four night stay. We only went to manager's reception once, for drinks. Hotel likes to serve meat. We don't eat meat. Auto Rental site was within view of hotel so we turned our car in early and walked back to hotel. Safe and fast (about 10 minute walk.) Check out was also easy. No problems with bill. We left early and used shuttle. Desk worker early that morning had fresh coffee and was very cheerful. Shuttle driver was helpful and friendly. A great staff. Hotel did a nice job contacting us after we left and we exchanged several e-mails. Management here is attentive and responsive. Hilton take note! As for a future stay here? We will probably try another off strip Hilton property the next time for variety.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking pool
2 Thank GRGADA
Dupont, Washington
Reviewed 29 April 2012

This is a very clean and friendly hotel. With all of the hype and bustle of the strip, it was very refreshing to meet some very normal people who really wanted me to have a nice evening. The hotel is very close to the airport but I never heard the aircraft flying in and out. Great place for business types and quick trips for a visit to the strip. Cab ride to the Bellagio is $11.00. Breakfast comes with it. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside room as it will face inward away from the highway and the noise of aircraft.
Los Angeles
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Nice, clean hotel. Had one issue with the TV, and the A/C is noisy. Staff is very friendly and accommodating.

1 Thank Mnaka
Ohio
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Everyone at this hotel was friendly and helpful, so that was a plus. The rooms are large, but the decor is very dark. This makes the hotel seem dated to me. Beds were extremely soft to the point of being a big saggy. I prefer a firmer bed or at least one that doesn't sag. Housekeeping was spotty about refreshing tissues and shampoo products. Hallways needed vacuuming and there were bits of trash in the hallways almost every day we stayed. Our keys stopped working on the third day we were there, so we had to have them remade. I would have felt more secure if the front desk asked for ID, but they just asked room number. If you are there on a weekend and want breakfast, be prepared to fight crowds of families. We had a hard time finding a place to sit on one morning and the tables were not cleaned often enough. The breakfast is just okay. One morning the prepared eggs had lots of meat in them, so that was a turn-off if you don't eat meat. The evening reception looked like canned vegetables, but we did not eat, just grabbed a soda and a water. I would prefer cheese and fruit over a complete meal with meat, but I'm sure they are catering more to businessmen and families. Good location to get to the strip and the plus of staying at a non-casino hotel is no smoking inside. Shuttle to the airport was efficient and if you have rented a car and want to return it, the car rental center is within walking distance.

2 Thank Road-trip-43