“Great place to stay, breakfast could improve”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Las Vegas Airport
Ranked #26 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 30 December 2012

The room/suite was very comfortable with a decent kitchen and spacious living area. Sofa bed was ok, though not the most comfortable. The hotel appeared to be relatively new and hence everything looked clean and well maintained. The place is also away from the noise and bustle of the strip while not being prohibitively far away. We choose this place as we wanted a suite with kitchen and this was the best option.

The one letdown was the breakfast. I expected some more variety such as more fruits and yogurt, but it seemed pretty standard fare. Still, much better than your regular hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Vivek V

Reviewed 27 December 2012

We booked this hotel due to its average pricing and were really surprised when we walked into our room. The room looks more like an studio apartment...with a kitchen, living room and a bedroom. The kitchen was really great and overall the room was very clean and well maintained. Their complimentary breakfast has really good choices and the breakfast room was very neat and welcoming. We decided to stay here on our future trips to vegas. Many people had complained about airplane noise. We heard it only once and thats it. This is a nice value for money.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank deeparamesh
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Spent 4 nights here in early December. Am a HH Diamond member and asked for a quiet room.
Room is nice, small living room and comfortable bed.
I did hear the planes quite alot of the time, but I guess it is an airport hotel, so that comes with the territory.
Room was also right next to an elevator, so not on the quiet side.
Biggest problem was the air conditioning - when off, the room had no air and was stifling - when turned on it made more noise than a 747 taking off and made sleeping impossible.
Also, the housekeeping was very variable, with the garbage left there some days and not everything replaced.
I found the breakfast nowhere near as good as the Homewood Suites in nearby Henderson, only had the dinner one evening and it was fine, but the drinks tub was empty.
Finally, should point out the business centre - neither computer worked properly and the printer didn't work at all.
Saying that, got a great price, and was a much more useful location for my business than the bustle of the strip.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank iaru
Reviewed 9 December 2012

As a Hilton diamond member, I stay at a lot of Homewood Suites. As an extended stay property, it is the best. This one was new and modern. The bed was comfortable and the room well appointed and overall fairly clean. Normally, I would give it excellent reviews. However, there were a lot of misses. The housekeeping service and maintenance left a lot to be desired. I often found myself going to the front desk (whose staff were wonderful) to pick up items that were not replaced (soap, towels, popcorn, etc.). The November monthly menu was not replaced the entire first week of December. The TV was disconnected. The printer in the business center did not work. However, the biggest disappointment was the complimentary breakfast and dinner, which was subpar even for Homewood Suite standards. Sausages swimming in water - really? And the number of options was poor. There was no wine/beer at dinner, which many Homewood Suites provide. I was disappointed, but overall the room was nice and it was very convenient to the Mandalay Bay, where I was attending a convention. Certainly, the under $100 price could not be beat.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank drichrx
JenniferJenkins2008, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Las Vegas Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I was delighted to hear that you were comfortable during your stay. I was also very pleased to read from your review that our staff was friendly and helpful. My main priority is for all our guests to experience a welcoming stay with us. On the other hand, I do understand that you had some concerns regarding our cleaning. Your feedback is very important to me and I can assure you that I have already spoken to our housekeeping staff to make sure we have taken care of this issue. Also, we have made sure to connect the TV and printer in our business center. Finally, I sincerely apologize that you were disappointed with our breakfast. I have spoken to the catering crew and we are looking into adding new items to our selection as well as ensuring that all our food is fresh. Again I do thank you very much for your comments and I hope that next time you are in town, you consider staying with us

Reviewed 3 December 2012 via mobile

Had an overnight layover in Vegas. This place is quite and very convenient. The staff is great. If you are there for the hustle and bustle of the strip this wouldn't be the best choice. If you want clean quite and classy then this is a great choice.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Nsj89
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Our family of three stayed here three times during our three week visit to the US. Firstly before moving up to the HIlton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo, before driving to the Grand Canyon and on our return from the canyon. We loved it here. So close to airport 10 mins max, fantastic free shuttle bus to outlet shops and Town Centre shops as well as Callaway Golf Centre (5mins max) and Manadalay bay (10-15 mins max). Friendly staff, managers evening meal although only Monday - thursday I think. Very disappointing that it was not 7 days a week as per most Homewoods. Two bedrooms rooms were huge, one bedrooms quite a bit smaller. Make sure you ask for a room which is either facing inside to pool area or at the back of the building away from the freeway as the night we spent facing the freeway was horrible. Left our daughters swimmers in room and on return visit hotel did not appear to have them which was strange???

Staff did upgrade us to the two bedroom on return visit at no extra charge which was nice.
Would stay here again. Nice to be away from the strip for a few days.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Beautifuleveryday
Reviewed 8 November 2012

We just returned from a vacation to Nevada and Arizona. We started our 10 day journey from the Homewood suites and found the hotel very pleasant and the staff was very cordial and willing to drive us to places that were close by and daily into the strip area.
The breakfast was very good and always fresh.
If you are looking to avoid the hustle and bustle of the strip and can get a good deal on this hotel you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family