“Excellent hotel!!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Las Vegas Airport
Ranked #25 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We booked a room at this hotel last minute on our way home from Disneyland. We couldn't drive any longer, this was a good price, so we decided to stay. It was a GREAT hotel. The room was beautiful, the bed was amazing, and the location was even pretty good. It was clean and quiet. We took the kids to M&M world and to dinner, the drive to the strip was short. It was nice to be away from the "strip," the smoke, and things we didn't want to expose our kids to, but be able to drive to attractions easily. The breakfast was nice, not quite as many options as other Homewood Suites we have stayed in, but it was still good. Overall a great stay, would come back!

1  Thank Nae F

Reviewed 2 January 2013

We booked king bedroom with sofabed for 3 nights during Christmas holiday. The room is clean and well maintained. It also comes with a full kitchen with cookware. The hotel staff is very friendly even with a midnight check-in. Our bad experience comes with the breakfast and dinner served. Although this is complimentary, it can also have some improvements. We stayed at other Homewoods before and have not seen chao scene like the one we experienced. We went to breadkfast on 27th at 8:30am, they were out of plates, utenciles, paper plates, cups, all the food are pretty much empty. There are steady guests awaiting for the breakfast. The kitchen staff works very hard but they can only produce 5-7 plates from the dish washer each time. Other times at dinner or breakfast, the food are not consistently provided. Sometimes one hour before the closing, they have already been out of the salad or something else. I felt this is more of management issues that they didn't plan well although the staff at the kitchen try to work very hard to meet the guests' needs.

3  Thank waikiki_sunset
Reviewed 2 January 2013

It's a Homewood Suites, and I've used this brand several times over the years.
It's always a nice place to stay if there are more than 3 people in the group, as it also has a kitchenette area for extra space.
This HW Suites amenities are the same as other ones I'd stayed in the past, although the kitchen's not equipped enough for some simple reheating I wanted to do on the stove.
Clean areas in our room, very friendly people, but the thing that took 1 star off of my review here is the quality of the meals.
Price of room was twice as usual, due to the New Year's higher booking season.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mdns
Reviewed 30 December 2012

The room/suite was very comfortable with a decent kitchen and spacious living area. Sofa bed was ok, though not the most comfortable. The hotel appeared to be relatively new and hence everything looked clean and well maintained. The place is also away from the noise and bustle of the strip while not being prohibitively far away. We choose this place as we wanted a suite with kitchen and this was the best option.

The one letdown was the breakfast. I expected some more variety such as more fruits and yogurt, but it seemed pretty standard fare. Still, much better than your regular hotel.

1  Thank Vivek V
Reviewed 27 December 2012

We booked this hotel due to its average pricing and were really surprised when we walked into our room. The room looks more like an studio apartment...with a kitchen, living room and a bedroom. The kitchen was really great and overall the room was very clean and well maintained. Their complimentary breakfast has really good choices and the breakfast room was very neat and welcoming. We decided to stay here on our future trips to vegas. Many people had complained about airplane noise. We heard it only once and thats it. This is a nice value for money.

1  Thank deeparamesh
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Spent 4 nights here in early December. Am a HH Diamond member and asked for a quiet room.
Room is nice, small living room and comfortable bed.
I did hear the planes quite alot of the time, but I guess it is an airport hotel, so that comes with the territory.
Room was also right next to an elevator, so not on the quiet side.
Biggest problem was the air conditioning - when off, the room had no air and was stifling - when turned on it made more noise than a 747 taking off and made sleeping impossible.
Also, the housekeeping was very variable, with the garbage left there some days and not everything replaced.
I found the breakfast nowhere near as good as the Homewood Suites in nearby Henderson, only had the dinner one evening and it was fine, but the drinks tub was empty.
Finally, should point out the business centre - neither computer worked properly and the printer didn't work at all.
Saying that, got a great price, and was a much more useful location for my business than the bustle of the strip.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank iaru
Reviewed 9 December 2012

As a Hilton diamond member, I stay at a lot of Homewood Suites. As an extended stay property, it is the best. This one was new and modern. The bed was comfortable and the room well appointed and overall fairly clean. Normally, I would give it excellent reviews. However, there were a lot of misses. The housekeeping service and maintenance left a lot to be desired. I often found myself going to the front desk (whose staff were wonderful) to pick up items that were not replaced (soap, towels, popcorn, etc.). The November monthly menu was not replaced the entire first week of December. The TV was disconnected. The printer in the business center did not work. However, the biggest disappointment was the complimentary breakfast and dinner, which was subpar even for Homewood Suite standards. Sausages swimming in water - really? And the number of options was poor. There was no wine/beer at dinner, which many Homewood Suites provide. I was disappointed, but overall the room was nice and it was very convenient to the Mandalay Bay, where I was attending a convention. Certainly, the under $100 price could not be beat.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank drichrx
JenniferJenkins2008, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Las Vegas Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I was delighted to hear that you were comfortable during your stay. I was also very pleased to read from your review that our staff was friendly and helpful. My main priority is for all our guests to experience a welcoming stay with us. On the other hand, I do understand that you had some concerns regarding our cleaning. Your feedback is very important to me and I can assure you that I have already spoken to our housekeeping staff to make sure we have taken care of this issue. Also, we have made sure to connect the TV and printer in our business center. Finally, I sincerely apologize that you were disappointed with our breakfast. I have spoken to the catering crew and we are looking into adding new items to our selection as well as ensuring that all our food is fresh. Again I do thank you very much for your comments and I hope that next time you are in town, you consider staying with us