“ideal location”

Ranked #30 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Halifax, England, United Kingdom
“ideal location”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

After three weeks touring my husband and I wanted for the final night a hotel that offered close proximity to the airport and to drop of the hire car . It could not have been closer, and convenient for the strip as the hotel offers a free bus service ,which we took advantage, of just ring the given number when you wish to return and they pick you up at the Mandalay hotel .EASY. The suite was spacious, clean, the bed was very comfortable, the breakfast was better than most we had experienced . The following morning we drove 500 yards dropped the car off took the free bus to the airport . Highly recommended and in a quiet location if you don't want to be on the strip all the time .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anne C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Korean first
Pelham, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Overall the hotel was easily accessible to the attractions and events we wanted to do on our vacation. Disappointment was that the Wi-Fi was not functional for the entire week and the selections for breakfast were fewer than general from Homewood Suites used in the past.

2 Thank Bryan P
Barstow, California
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I'm a housing manager and inspect homes for a living. I was in Vegas on leisure travel and stayed there. The front desk clerk was very professional and allowed me to check in early, I showed my retired military ID card and she did not offer me the 15% discount their website says they give to vets. My room was nice sized and had a good layout, but the problems I noted right away were that the security doors did not always lock like they were supposed to. The carpet in the hallway had gotten wet and both ends of the hall had a moldy smell. In my room I noticed that the internet would go in and out constantly and it did not work at all in the lobby. There was a hair problem in my room. I found a 3 inch long hair in the fridge, hair was on the face cloth and tissue box and what looked like a major crack in the tile floor turned out to be a very long hair on the bathroom floor. The walls were white and very dusty, also the bathroom door had heavy dust on the decorative trim and what appeared to be red soda splashed on it as well. I dropped my hotel key while looking at t.v. and noticed that there was cereal under the ac unit. Overall my stay was pleasant but if my wife had been there she would have been very upset with all the hair that was in the room. The problems I noted are easy fixes, the cleaning staff just needs to pay more attention to detail and sweep the floors and dust the walls when they clean.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Martin D
Honolulu, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The value was ok but everything else were not worth the value of staying at this hotel. Breakfast always ran out, long wait and sometimes they just didn't replenish the food. Pool was under renovation and wireless internet was not available in the suite. Maid did a very poor job at cleaning our room and the bath tub was not draining, requested it to be fixed three times with no action.

4 Thank John U
Peoria, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The van service is a little spotty, and you should get down to breakfast early if it is a holiday or you may not get any food. Other than that, it is a clean, comfortable hotel away from the hustle of the strip.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Wireless wi-fi did not work in my rom or in the building. Had to go to the lobby to work. The GM admitted that the wireless is very poor and they are taking bids to get it fixed but not sure when that will happen. At least the beds are comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank jschm50755
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My husband and I were in town recently for business. My brother fly in from California to visit.

Because the trade show we were attending was held at one of the big resorts on The Strip, we prefer to stay off The Strip for some peace and quiet.

Homewood Suites was just what we needed.

Nicely appointed two bed, two bath suite, a hearty breakfast every morning, transportation to and from the trade show and quiet down time.

We usually get great service at Homewood Suites, but I have to say this place really stood out. Every single employee we came in contact with was friendly and helpful.

I would especially like to thank the staff that drive the shuttle van. They were always there when we needed them and were super nice. Lots of smiles.

Room Tip: I believe we were in room 325. Quiet corner, and right across the hall from the ice machine.