“Pleasant overnight stay!”

Best Western McCarran Inn
Ranked #73 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here overnight last month on a short weekend trip to Las Vegas. Our flight came in at around midnight so we needed a nice place to stay overnight before heading out the next day. Our short stay at the Best Western McCarran was pleasant - it is about 2 miles from the airport and easy to locate. The room was spacious and the water pressure in the shower was good. The pillows were average, but nothing to complain about given our brief stay. I would recommend staying here in Las Vegas if you're on a budget!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Pankaj P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western McCarran Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Guest

I want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to place a review about our hotel! We work really hard to provide our guests with a fantastic stay and it is nice to be recognized with reviews like the one you submitted. My staff and I are certainly pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we welcome you back any time in the future.

There are newer reviews for Best Western McCarran Inn

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I arrived at the hotel very late after a long drive, around 3am. I was immediately welcomed and greeted by an energetic and friendly night auditor named Joseph. He was extremely friendly and easy to talk to. The check in process was smooth and quick, and also even came with a complementary upgrade for myself and my friends. As a Best Western employee myself, I have very high expectations for both hotels and employees, and Joseph far exceeded my expectations, and the hotel was nice and comfortable. Though I woke up and left by 9am, I enjoyed my 6 hours at the hotel, and will definitely return next time I am in Vegas. This is a quality hotel, with a great staff and clean rooms. Also, it is right by the airport, and I never once heard an airplane, so the sound proofing was fantastic.Thank you again to Joseph for representing the Best Western brand name so well, and I will see you guys again soon!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Danny

Thank you so very much for the wonderful review of our Best Western in Las Vegas. It is truly a pleasure to host such wonderful guests, I have shared your comments with my co-workers and we all thank you and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My room was immaculate, It's an old property but they've made the necessary updates and it's very nice. Front desk staff was VERY friendly and helpful. Conveniently located close to the airport, and close enough to get to the strip but away from the craziness. Would definitely recommend. I cleaned hotel rooms for years and a clean room is everything to me. 5 stars!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LINDA B

Dear Linda

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review of Best Western McCarran Inn and thank you for staying with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

The smell of oil-based paint permeated the halls and guest rooms. I felt sickened by the fumes. When pressed for some kind of consideration or solution the young man at reception indifferently suggested that I open a window. The old torturous mattress only contributed to my misery. So I spent most of the night counting the hours until I could leave for the airport.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Pankaj P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western McCarran Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Barry

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your comments. We are sorry to hear you had a less than pleasant stay with us. Our hotel is in its final days of renovation. The items you have mentioned have been rectified. Again, we regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel and hope to offer you a more pleasant stay in the future after our renovation is complete.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

There were several things that irritated me about this place, where I stayed last weekend (Easter weekend). First, a few days before my stay I went to their website and noticed that the room rate was $10/per night cheaper than what I reserved. I called them up and they gave me the lower rate. (Ok, that's in their favor.) Second, when I arrived and called the shuttle (supposed to be every 30 minutes from the airport), was told that it more likely be one hour, since the shuttle probably had to pick up or drop off some guests at one of the casinos on the strip. (Not convenient). (On the plus side for the shuttle, he did later take me close to the Bellagio to meet friends, even though he's only supposed to go to one specific casino (I forget which.)) Third, they assigned me a room (#109) on a corridor off of the lobby, a few steps from a side door. Convenient, right? Actually, not, since the garbage people came to make a pick up at 5:30am Eastern morning! I got dressed and complained to front desk staff but he didn't make a move to go out and talk with them. So, forget about staying in this hotel (at least #109) if you want a decent night's sleep. (I called the manager a couple of days later and she apologized and gave me 200 points on their guest rewards program).

Room Tip: Don't stay in room #109 or any where near the rear of building near garbage cans/dumpsters.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sean O

Sean

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We rely on our guests, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments and concerns. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This place was somewhat sub-par, but largely fine. The room was fine if dreary, sleeping was fine; those are the important things. Internet slow, shower pressure & temperature inconsistent, can't check out by phone, minor staff mistakes. Conveniently located. Acceptable breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Rachel

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We aim to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. . It is unfortunate the conditions of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Pillows were all too big. There were five pillows and at least two of them could have been a little smaller...we both had a kink in our necks in the morning. The room was fine except that we couldn't get the heat to work. Also, the hallway didn't have any carpet and the noise was amplified because of it. The place was clean. The breakfast area was a disaster!!!

Dear David

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your comments and are sorry that we did not meet your expectations, we are looking into the issues and are taking steps to resolve them, again, Thank you for staying with us.