“STAY AWAY FROM BEST WESTERN MARDI GRAS”

Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino
Ranked #136 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Shijingshan, Beijing, China
“STAY AWAY FROM BEST WESTERN MARDI GRAS”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I came here and the AC didn't work!!! And then I found out that 2 lamp bulbs were broken. Also no small towels were provided. The network here is so unstable. I stayed for 3 nights here, and out of the 3, I only had 1 night with a good sleep. We complained to the front desk. They said they would fix it, but they didn't. Just 1 tip: don't come here.

Room Tip: Don't come here
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Coco W
, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
I do apologize for the inconvenience that you had during your stay with us as this is not a common practice here at the property. I have sent your comments to Department Heads so that they can use them as Training Tools. Once Again I do apologize for the inconvenience and hope that if your travels ever bring you back to Las Vegas that you would give us a chance to impress you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I found needles under my mattress - one with the lid off! I we t out, forgot about it, got back to my room later that evening and noticed they were stil there but had been covered with a sheet!!!

When I tried to complain they kept me waiting then were rude and didn't even say sorry. The next mornin I complained again and I got a free breakfast....still no apology. Gross. One had the lid off too so I could have easily scratched myself. Be careful if you stay here - check your bed!!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Katieb1987
, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
We here at the Best Western Mardi Gras take our Guest Safety very sersiously and our #1 Priority. The Staff responded quickly and took care of this incident and I can assure you that our staff is very well trained and made the effort to offer you a different room but you declined this offer. We have apologized for the inconvenience and hope that if your travels ever bring you back to Las Vegas that you would give us another chance to show you the Service that we provide.

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Whilst on a tour from the west coast america to the east coast we stayed at this hotel which made a change from tents! Previously I had stayed in the Wynn so had really high expectations of Vegas hotels and this hotel was surprisingly great.

The rooms are massive, we had a mini kitchen so were able to keep food cool as we were on a budget so could keep food and drink in the room without a really expensive mini bar so stocked up from the local Walgreens. Me and a friend had a large queen size bed each and there was separate areas to the room so it was so big it felt like a room each!

We stayed around the pool area for some of the day which was relaxing and also used the computer and the phone which were both accessible. We used the shuttle to get to and from the strip but that is the obvious fault with this hotel that it isnt on the strip so we did tire of getting the shuttle or having the pain of explaining to taxi drivers where the hotel was. Would recommend if on a budget

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sidandbeeb
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2012

did the job just out of the way has free bus that takes you to the strip and the driver is a top guy

Room Tip: get a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
cardiff
Reviewed 29 May 2012

have stayed here on our first visit to las vegas found the motel to be very clean even though it is a bit of a distance from the main strip but saying this there is a monorail station by the conference centre. Rooms had all the things you expect for a lower budget accommodation clean and comfortable maids came in on a daily basis there is a small gaming area but this only has fruit machines and screen gaming at the bar the best thing i found about this place is that as it is small the staff get to know you. There is a shuttle that runs to Ballys casino i would not reccommend a dip in the pool unless you have a death wish as its ice cold coldest pool i have ever been in. Terribles hotel casino is just a short walk down the road great for buffet breakfast good food and cheap.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank craig g
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I stayed at the Best Western for one night in May and I stayed there only because we had enough points for a free night. It was a good location right off the strip but literally a 3 minute drive so that was good! The room was spacious and clean with 2 double beds. Didnt really check out the rest of the hotel because it was a quick stay but in the lobby they seem to have slot machines and a restaurant I believe but I could be mistaken

All in all the room was decent for a one night stay

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Leslie P
Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I stay here every April for a conference at the Las Vegas Convention Center - only a 5 minute walk away. This year I paid $69/night, booking on the Best Western site a year ahead of time - be sure to also check the hotel's own Mardi Gras Inn website, as prices are different. Improved this year is that their shuttle from the hotel to Bally's on the Strip and to the airport now runs every hour from 6AM to 11PM (there used to be a gap in the middle of the day). But still needing improvement is the free Internet service. The hotel has paid for access for only one-third of the rooms, so many times I got a "too many users" error message - but I did find that if I called the 800-number help line they would reboot the router which dumps everyone and then I could log on. I also miss the large in-room safes they used to have which have now been removed due to issues getting them repaired. Otherwise, still a great little secret in Vegas, with large rooms, frig, some with sink, free parking, pool, nice staff, restaurant and mini-casino. I will continue to stay here every April.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room facing the pool if you want to sleep in - kids are out there early.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business