“Roaches and extra fees!”

Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino
Ranked #148 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed on the strip during the week but the prices jump significantly on the weekend. We were flying out on a red eye, so we were not actually sleeping here, just looking for a place to store luggage mad shower before the flight. Our room seemed clean at first, but roaches scattered when I turned on the bathroom light. Then, when we checked out to head for the airport they tried to charge a $25 fee for leaving early!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lindsay F
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

We Thank You for your recent review of your stay with us and do apologize that there was a misunderstanding of the Late Check Out fee as our normal Check Out time is 11AM and we offer a Late Check Out for our Guest for a small fee of $25 instead of a full nights charge. We do hope that if your travels bring you back tot he Las Vegas Area that you would give us another chance to WOW you with our Large Rooms and Services..

Reviewed 20 April 2014

It was a nice surprise to see such a spacious room and had bathtub too.
This was the second night in Vegas for me ( after staying at Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Las Vegas= it was also not bad hotel,,,)
and this hotel was a lot a lot better than the last night's hotel.
Everything looks old but nothing bad at all.
This hotel is very good for 2 person to stay with 2 beds because it is so spacious and has a kind of partition so that my friend said " It is almost like 2 bed rooms" . Imagine with this price and location this big clean ( little old but very good) room .
Then why no 5 points?
Well this hotel is very very good for people with car like us, but if you had no car I would suggest you to choose hotels nearer the center ( major casinos and attractions).= there are many hotels which offers the same or a bit less price especially in week days.
You may find cheaper offer near monorail stations too.
*** Here is an important advice for my fellow readers here.
One single ride in the monorail costs 5 $.
so it doesn't make sense to choose 8$ cheaper hotel thinking to use the rail( will cost 10$ for return trip)***
So I would suggest whom has no car to choose closer hotels with the same price zone ( Ex, motel 8 is a good choice for who want to walk around the major casinos and main attractions.)

***One more minor problem here is this hotel demands you credit card use ( for deposit sense I guess. and when I insisted to pay in cash still they asked me to use a credit card . So those who no carry a credit card should avoid this hotel.)***

So I say this hotel is almost the best choice for who has car.

Room Tip: Like almost always in a big hotel cases, you should choose the southern part of the building unless...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maguder D
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank You for your recent comments about your stay with us. We are very glad that you enjoyed our Large Rooms and the parking ocnvenience. We do hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to the Las Vegas Area.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

If you are going to an event at the Convention Centre in Vegas then your bargain best is Mardi Gras, two block away. I arrived in the early morning from a long flight to a warm welcome, a good "suite" and made it home for 8 days. Restaurant fare was good each time and my room was thoroughly cleaned every day by an excellent housekeeping team. Its also close to a lot of attractions and services as well as shopping. Go for it and save yourself a lot of money and energy.

1  Thank Julian R
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank You for your recent review of your stay with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed our location, large rooms and restaurant. We do hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to the Las Vegas Area...

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Very spacious rooms, reasonable rates, great location near monorail station, convention center, and the strip. Has their own shuttle on the hour every hour. Could improve on their guest services a bit by accommodating early checkins especially if you are coming in on a long early flight from the east coast and be more organized in servicing the rooms. I kept having to ask and one day received no service. They say they will send someone to fix the computer in the lobby or bring you something you need and do not.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Tpaitalian
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank You for your recent review of your stay with us. We are very happy that enjoyed your stay with us and Do Apologize for the inconvenience of not being able to check in early. We appreciate your business and do hope that if your travels bring you back to the Las Vegas area that you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

New logo, maybe new owners who are not putting any money into it??? Ice machine has been non-functioning for 2 years ( an anonymous good source). Had to go to the bar to get any ice.
Housekeeping never vacuumed the whole week we were there. The couch was so broken down I could not sit on it comfortably. No desk, so in order to use my laptop I was in a terrible position in a chair. Internet only worked about 25% of the time. Same story every time we called, "trouble connecting" Or internet was down or crashed. I don't think they have the capacity for everyone to be on it at once. Need to upgrade their system. Bed not very comfy either. I really hated to go back to the room, no place to sit comfortably. Requested they trade out the couch; but got nowhere. The tub is quite slippery and no handle bars to hold onto. Requested one of those rubber pads, but got nowhere. If we got bathmats they were thread bare. The message light was blinking on the phone, tried to call to get messages; but the directions on the phone were incorrect and no one ever told us about them on check in, had to call down. When I finally got the messages they were nothing but 3 calls at 6am and we were in the room so no idea what the blinking light meant. The faucet in the sink in the kitchen area was not attached, moved around when we turned it on or off. The fan in the bathroom is so loud you can not have any kind of conversation. I have stayed at this place numerous times over the last 10 years and would have given it a higher rating than this until this visit. The rooms are nice and roomy and the flat screen tv is great; but when you cannot be comfortable, the good things just don't matter any longer. Will not be staying again, during the trade show the rate was $135 so no real bargain. Walking distance to the convention center.

1  Thank dtreid
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank You for your recent review of your stay with us. We do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are in the process of upgrading our Wi-Fi and guest rooms and do hope that youwill choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Las Vegas and give us another chance to ensure a comfortable stay.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I travel to Las Vegas about 6 times a year or more for events and boy it is hard work. The Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino is a nice place where my colleagues and I can unwind after the events. The staff is always very friendly and helpful when we check in or need anything. The rooms are very comfortable for our stays, the bed is nice and comfy and by the end of the day I love coming back to my room. I never used the pool but it was sparkling and clean when I saw it. The location is ideal, it is minutes away from the strip if you are coming for the Las Vegas experience. It is also .4 mile away from FireFly a Tapas Bar and Grill our favorite place to eat and drink when we are in town.

The Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino has improved on many things, one is they just redid their menu to their restaurant which is right across from the front desk and it is yummy! Bon Temps has awesome steak and a chef that really knows what he's doing. I've eaten Breakfast and Dinner here and every time it was amazing. My favorite part is the bar. The bartenders are out of this world friendly and generous! I didn't use the slot machines but they have plenty of them for you gamblers out there!

All and all I feel very safe and comfortable here and I will definitely be back whenever I come to down, for business or for pleasure. Thanks Mardi Gras!

2  Thank Kristen B

Thank You for your recent review of your stay with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our new Menu very appealing. We are looking forward to your next visit..

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I have never been to Vegas and stayed off the Strip before, and I have to say with being a work trip it was perfect. The service was great from the time I walked in, until I checked out. Some how I scored a great room with a pool view. in which the grounds were very well kept and the water looked so refreshing. Didn't really notice a lot of outside noise, nor odors of cigarettes from my room, which for me is the most important thing. Transportation was easy and only minutes away from the strip. Have a another trip in May and rooms are booked.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Sara L

Thank You for your recent review of your stay here at the Mardi Gras. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to your next visit with us..