“It's a great bargain! :)”

Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino
Ranked #138 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Mardi Gras for a 7 night stay. When I booked it I went directly to bookit.com when I arrived there at 2:30 I was told I had to wait at exactly 3:00 pm to check in. I was so tired of driving a 13 hr trip,but 30 more min wouldn't hurt. So I went back at 3 pm and as I was being checked in the lady at the front desk said I would be in a smoking 3rd floor room! When I booked it,it had asked me how I wanted my room, I asked for a nonsmoki g, 1st floor due to my child's asthma condition ( not realizing they had an elevator) she said if I spent one night in the smoking room she could move me the next day to the 2nd floor on a nonsmoking. Honestly I was freaking out because of my child. My plan had to change and I told her I would accept but that I had to book somewhere else for one night....the she said actually! Actually that room on the 3rd floor is the only room that is smoking she said no other room is smoking so you should be fine she said I could go up to the room and see for myself that the room is not that bad. And I did just that! I was so upset, tired, and worried and I couldnt just bare another disappointment. So I opened the door and to my surprise the room smelled nothing like a smoking room I was so happy and relieved! That's when I noticed also that we had a view to the pool and that right across from us was an elevator! I want to thank especially the house keepers! They all were so nice I can't remember her name but she was super fast and professional! And especially for what it was worth my $360.00 for all 7 nights was completely worth it....the shuttle only had A/C in the divers so all of the passengers on the back was sweating and suffocating of heat....but the yellow taxi cab charged me 7 bucks from the Harrah's to the Mardi Gras I thought it was way cheap, there are food places that deliver to your room, they have also an ice machine, and I think it's a great place to stay*

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Elena A
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything worked out for you.. Thank You for the kind words about our Housekeeping Staff we will defiently show them your comments. We do hope taht if your travels bring you back to Las Vegas that you would choose to stay with us again...

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable. Price was reasonable. Good location for those who are driving a car. I stayed 10 nights and did not have a single problem. I would stay here again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank AK47BR
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank You for your recent review of your stay with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay as it was a pleasure to have you stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Great location -- if you want to visit the Strip, it's a short walk to the monorail; and, if old Vegas beckons, you can catch the SDX at the same location just a few short blocks from the hotel. I shared the room with friends the first night and found it spacious. The sink and mirror are located outside of the bathroom, which was very helpful in the morning when we were all getting ready. On the second night, I had the room to myself, and in the eyes of a NYC apartment dweller, found the room palatial.The staff was friendly & courteous. When we arrived they changed my reservation so I wouldn't have to change rooms after my friends left. Special kudos to Jeremy, who was particularly knowledgeable about getting around on and off the Strip. Also, every hour, there's free shuttle service to the strip & airport -- the driver was helpful & friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jean M

Thank You for your review of your stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed our large rooms, location and friendly staff. We do hope that if you travel plans bring you back to the Las Vegas Area that you will once again choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Room size was adequate. Beds were comfortable. Had a small alcove for refrigerator and coffee maker. Price was great. Staff was friendly. Would recommend it as a place to stay for anyone looking for a budget-friendly, clean, no-frills place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Belinda Y
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

The Mardi Gras Staff and Management Thank You for you recent review of your stay with us.. We area very pleased that you enjoyed our large rooms and friendly staff and do hope that if your travels bring you back to the Las Vegas Area that you will stay with us once again.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at Mardi Gras Hotel and Casino for 8 nights in Jun 2014. I was on a business trip to Vegas and the hotel is stone throw away from the convention center. so no need of long Taxi ques and waiting for lift from friends or colleagues. Clean rooms. Good buffet breakfast. I could walk to strip. Absolutely safe for families too.

Yes, I must mention very friendly and helpful staff. Hotel also provides timely free shuttle to Airport and short drops if you need. The staff calls the taxi if you need but you also can get Taxi on the road very easily.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank AdvisorRaja
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank You for your recent comments about your stay with us. We area very happy that you enjoyed our Location, Large Rooms and Breakfast. We truley enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This was our first two nights accommodation before we went on the road to Arizona and Utah. There were 4'of us so we got a room with two large beds and it did us fine. Everything was clean and tidy, and the room had air conditioning.
My kids loved the pool and the staff were friendly.
This was definitely good value for money and would recommend for people travelling on a budget.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank mumof3noisyones

Thank you for your comments about your stay with us. We area very happy that you enjoyed our large rooms and pool area. We do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the near future when your travels bring you back to the Las Vegas Area.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed in a large, clean budget-friendly room with two comfortable queen beds. Room offers basic amenities (refrigerator, coffee maker) but the WiFi and cable TV were unreliable. A good value when you just need to rest up after traveling and before going to The Strip.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Becky M

Thank You for your recent comments about your visit with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and do apologize that the Wi-Fi was not reliable for you. We are in the process of upgrading our system and do hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Las Vegas.