“An okay show”

29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“An okay show”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Had a chance to see Louie on our most recent vegas trip (april12-18) at the Plaza. Got the tickets off of ebay via the vegas4locals seller whom I have gotten tix from in the past. My pair of tix cost $26 and at that price had no issues with the show. However had I paid full price I probably would have rated the show lower. Louie was good, but overall I have seen better comedians. Louie is a unique style with alot of interaction with the crowd and the majority of his comedy family based. The room at the plaza is old school vegas style and on that night had about 50 people in it. There is an opening comedian and he is so-so then Louie comes out and spends about 70 minutes with the crowd. Following the show you can meet him and get a picture. Overall a nice show especially given the price I paid.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank indy4192

san diego
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Lots of belly laughs (pardon the pun)”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Louie is at the Plaza- despite the very run down appearance of the hotel, and show room- Louie was worth it. He is a natural, and manages a very entertaining show while seated, and one that you could take your older kids to. I did not hear any foul language or crude topics. He is like the crazy uncle at the dinner table that cracks you up- love Louie . You can get discount tickets from vendors in the hotel casino area-and save about $20 per person if you do it thru them.

Visited March 2014
Lynchburg, Tennessee
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Conversational Comedy”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I've seen Louie on TV and the big screen and remember his stint on Johnny Carson in the 80's. I've always liked him. His show was awesome because it did not come across as a memorized/canned show. It seemed as if we were sitting at the dinner table listening to him talk about his life. It was "conversational comedy." It was clean, and I laughed from the very first words until he left the stage. Some of the material was somewhat over the head of my 11 year old, however, she had seen him on Splash and was somewhat star struck because we were so close to the stage. My 13 year was thoroughly entertained. It was a fantastic show and was well worth the money.

Visited March 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Goof”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Disco Dj is the Joke. Louie lose the Disco..Terrible waist sad dancers if I wanted to go to a kids party I would have gone to chuckie cheese for glow sticks the dj was nothing but cheese stink .save your money

Visited February 2014
Grimsby
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Laughed Until I Cried!!!”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Louie is a fantastic comedian! My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed his show at the Plaza in Old Vegas which is right at the end of Fremont St. So we had a great time at the show and later seeing the Fremont Street Experience! It was well worth the cab fare from the strip! We even found blackjack tables with a $5 minimum at the Plaza Casino after the show which was an added bonus! As my husband was playing blackjack, Louie rode by on his scooter after signing autographs at the store at the front. My husband complimented him on a great show and he was very gracious! He is an all round nice guy, and very, very funny! Back to the show...it was like an intimate evening with Louie and he was talking to us all like a group of friends while jokes just kept rolling off his tongue! He is truly a natural! Felt bad for him that his knees need replacing, so he was on a scooter for the entire show, but he built jokes about his knees into the act and it was hilarious! I laughed so hard I was crying! If you love comedy, you have to go see Louie Anderson! I saw Russell Peters about 6 mos ago and I must say Louie Anderson is still right up there after all these years! I think Louie was even better than Russell because his humor is clean and not vulgar at all! Russell is hilarious too, but Louie`s humor is refreshing! Way to go Louie! Keep making us laugh!!!

Visited February 2014