“Excellent Bagels”

Ranked #22 of 168 Dessert in Las Vegas
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Welcome to The Bagel Cafe where we make our bagels the traditional way. Only the finest natural ingredients go to into our boiled, then baked, home made on the premises bagels! We also fresh bake a wide selection of fresh breads, cakes, pikes, cookies and pastries. We offer an exciting array of fresh homemade soups and salads as well as a wonderful selection of our own fresh roasted meats and other fine quality deli items for you to enjoy here or take home. Our cream cheeses are whipped daily and come in many delicious flavors. We offer an exciting array of fresh homemade soups and salads as well as a wonderful selection of our own fresh roasted meats and other fine quality deli items for you to enjoy here or take home.
Reviewed 27 April 2014

They sure know how to make their customers happy! and awesome BAGELS also! (Just like New York Bagels Yummy)

Hugo R, Manager at The Bagel Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you J Z for your wonderful review and hope you can visit us again when you are back in town!

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Take it for what it is,an authentic deli serving good quality fare in pleasant surroundings by competent and pleasant staff.Ignore silly comparisons with NYC or LA,it is a welcome option in LV which,god knows,is not a foodie haven.Breakfast of bagels,eggs,blintzes and coffee will leave you satisfied and looking forward to your next visit.

Hugo R, Manager at The Bagel Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thanks you SweetiesPennsylvania for your great review! hope you can visit us again when you are back in the LV.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Was visiting a friend who lives in Las Vegas, and I asked her where is a good place for late breakfast/early lunch. She took me here, and I am so glad she did! In fact we ate here 2 days in a row. Busy place, (good sign as the food is great). You could smell the fresh bagels being baked, along with all the wonderful pastries and desserts. The matzo ball chicken soup is about the best I ever tasted. It was in January 2014 when I was visiting, and it was cold out, and the soup was perfect, Now I know where the term "Jewish penicillin" comes from. The sandwiches are big, lots of meat, no skimping here! Very friendly service, nice neighborhood feel to the place. Now that I am back home in Florida, I'm always looking for a good Jewish deli & want some matzo ball chicken soup....

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Another bad experience at a subpar want-to-be deli.. The Bagel Café is a very poor excuse for a restaurant let alone a deli.

Not only was the manager Jerry rude as some of the employees are so ill trained, they forgot half of our bakery order and charged us for things they failed to give us and things we did not even order. This is why I keep my receipts!

The young person who pulled our bakery order was goofing off and he and the cashier were too busy talking or flirting with each other to care about my $44.10 bakery order or my $26.38 lunch bill.

Then when I called The Bagel Café another young girl kept calling me Hun, I explained I am not her Hun and to call me by my name.

I am from Los Angeles and I know good food and what a real deli is... and what good customer service is all about. This want-to-be-deli falls short every time.

Had the mushroom barley soup today, I will NEVER order that again, it actually made me sick, but the manager Jerry hung up on me before I could tell him.

I must go back tomorrow to get the $10.95 + tax that they owe me and I can guarantee you I have NO desire to eat there again.

1  Thank Holyoak2014
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This is my favorite place to take friends, family and visitors for breakfast or lunch. It's always busy because the food has a reputation for being great and consistent.

PROS: The bagels
Corned beef hash
Nova Lox spread
Pastrami and tongue sandwich
Matzo ball soup
Black and white cookie
Whitefish salad
Chopped liver
Full service bakery and deli

CONS: Sun dried tomato and chicken pizza bagel