“Favorite bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Petrossian

Petrossian
Ranked #71 of 4,794 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: The Strip
San Diego, California
“Favorite bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

This is where you can watch the world go by. This is a piano bar so very pleasant with great service. The only thing I don't like (well, other than the prices) is that people going by to gamble smoke in this area.

Visited June 2012

Windsor, United Kingdom
“The place to be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

We visited lots of times. Love to sit at the front for the piano playing and watching the busy walkway through the Bellagio. It's a very calming place in a very busy hotel. The food was great, my favourite is the chefs cheese selection washed down with a bottle of Shiraz. Cocktails are very good. This place is pricey but we can't resist and have been known to sit there for long periods.

Visited August 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Start your trip off right!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

Have you had a long flight? Stand in line at Bellagio for 45 minutes? After you check into your room, go to Petrossian and get a bottle of Veuve Cliquot, a cheeze plate and listen to the great pianist David Osbourne and people watch all the frustrated people checking in like you were. The bottle costs $109 but it well worth getting the road dust out of your throat. Sit and relax and start your Bellagio trip off right. I highly recommend this place...particularly on a Friday evening.

Visited September 2012
Newquay, United Kingdom
“From the "ridiculous" to the sublime ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

... after having an Elvis renewal of vows for our Silver Anniversary, we popped in here for a mini reception, just the two of us. We had not booked, but were very graciously hosted for a lovely afternoon High Tea. The food was perfection on a plate.The tea was very palatable ( this is often a problem for me in the U.S.) All in all a very pleasant environment, that hit just the right note, for the occasion. Considering it's placement adjacent to a carpeted "pathway" through the hotel, on an elevated plinth, it was a very pleasing experience and felt a world away from some of the other activities that occur just a few feet away from where you are. A kind of genteel, parallel, European Universe, right in the heart of pulsing, neon -in your face- Vegas. There was a distinct air of sophistication as the Pianist lulled us along, playing on the fantastically toned Steinway, an oasis of calm to sit back and recharge an overwhelmed spirit. The drinks menu looked superb ... but we never made it back to confirm they tasted as good as they looked, Las Vegas'll do that to you, and we were guests in this hotel!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank lowquayloafer
Moraga, California
“Caviar excellent but service was really subpar...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

Okay -- I have to say this review has to come in 2 parts: One for the service and the other for the food because they are diametrically opposed to each other for me on this visit...

Hubby and I decided to start our evening out early and with some Caviar and Champagne. We had flown in earlier that day and were in need of something a bit extravagant. We sat at the bar at around 5:30pm and although there were people there, it was definitely off hours. There were 2 bartenders there, and they handed us menus quickly but it took them a little while to actually get back to us and and take our drink order, even though there were maybe 3 other people at the bar. Finally an older gentleman approached us and took our drink order. He immediately made 2 very delicious dirty martini's and we drank while perusing the menu.

Having our minds made up, we again waited quite a long time for someone to come back and take our order. The other guy - a younger guy - was telling everyone that he wasnt normally there and was standing in for the regular bartender. When the older bartender left to go on break, this guy - who frankly didn't care about working very hard - didn't bother checking in with us even though we had this menu in front of us for at least 20 minutes. I finally was asking anyone around me if I could PLEASE get an order in. The "manager" - a small lady with dark hair - took my order and we finally just got an ounce of their middle of the road caviar.

The caviar with all the side trimmings was excellent and the glass of champagne with it was really great. What really bugs me is that this was no cheap ticket for 2 glasses of champagne and caviar. Why wouldn't I expect and get top notch service if I'm spending this kind of money on what really is an appetizer???

I left a small tip on purpose and wrote on the receipt, "Service left a LOT to be desired" And I meant it. I had been to Petrossian in San Francisco and it was a great experience. This was nothing like what it should have been with the exception of the caviar quality.

• Visited July 2012

Been to Petrossian? Share your experiences!