“Better the Second Time Around.”
Review of Lucio Ristorante - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We were eight on our way to a show and decided to eat on our way rather than chance high prices and mediocre food on the strip. Chose Lucio because of the experience we had last year. Chose the Flamingo Location because the Sahara site was sold. Located near the Strip at Flamingo and Jones this place was relatively empty for a Friday night. Just the ambiance and the fantastic warm bread was enough to ask why. The food here was even better than before. Pastas were done perfectly as were the chicken dishes. Appetizers and salads tasty and generous. Wait staff friendly and attentive. Service was exceptional. AND.....prices were very reasonable. Especially when compared to other Italian restaurants we tried and would not return to. Eight of us left with bellies full and some carrying doggie bags for $265 including two glasses of wine, three appitizers, a cappocino and tip. In all this is the best Italian restaurant we have experienced in Vegas and would recommend it in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

I made a reservation through Open Table even though the website said they could accommodate walk-ins. The place was 3/4 empty when we arrived at 6:30 and had very low lighting with nice background music piped in. Our party of six was greeted warmly in Italian and we were seated at a nice round table. The wait staff were very attentive but not obtrusive, always making sure that our water and wine glasses were full. They brought us very nice warmed bread and butter and the menus, asked us what kind of water we preferred and returned a few minutes later. I could tell from the opening that this was going to be a dining experience and not a rushed, mass-production on the Strip eating event. Perfect.

The waiter took our orders by memory which was impressive except he probably should have wrote it down. We ordered the antipasto di casa and the calamari fritti as appetizers. Though we were a table of six, the antipasto was skimpy in its portions though very tasty with a nice selection. A suggestion of a double order would have been appreciated. The calamari was lightly battered, done perfectly with just the right amount of salt and accompanied by a nice sauce.

Two of us ordered salads and I ordered the mushroom risotto. I asked the waiter if this could be brought as a smaller appetizer portion as I also planned on ordering a secondo piatto. He said yes. Many reviews and the establishment itself boast that they feature the best risotto in Las Vegas. I don't know if that is true, but it definitely was the best risotto that I have ever had, anywhere. However, it did not come as a small appetizer size portion, but rather as a full-order primo piatto. I was disappointed with the amount especially as I had ordered another course. I ended up giving half of the dish to one member of our party who didn't ordered a first course because it was too much for me, but also because it was so good I wanted him to try it. He agreed. Unfortunately, the waiter forgot to bring the spinach salad ordered by one of the ladies in our party and I had to remind him, leaving us in the uncomfortable position of waiting for that order to be filled before we started eating our first course. Also, the waiter brought out the first courses before clearing the table of the plates from the antipasto. We had to pick up our plates so he could put down the first course. It was a little awkward and while not a big thing, I expected it to be done properly given the great level of attentiveness we were receiving.

I ordered the Vitello saltimboca and it was amazing. We had four orders of different types of risotto and everyone loved it. The last dish was a boullibasse that was also very good. As the meal was concluding, another open bottle of San Pellegrino was put on the table. The other five in our party were drinking plain bottled water and I was the only one drinking sparkling. I told the waiter that I didn't order it and wouldnt be drinking it. He told me not to worry about it and that he would ensure it wasn't on the bill. It turned out that it was and this was another small annoying thing.

We ended the evening with a round of digestivi and coffees. We were brought a complementary ice cream dish with espresso poured over it and six spoons. It was a nice touch.

Two bottles of wine, four after dinner drinks, two appetizers, two salads and a first course, six main courses and coffee and the bill came in at $400 including the tip.

Overall I would recommend and return, but these small mistakes stop me from giving it a five out of five and will allow me to consider other off the strip neighborhood experiences during our next trip to Vegas.

1  Thank BarryFowler
Reviewed 1 May 2012

My husband and I ordered the antipasti sampler and the seafood risotto. All I can say is wow.

The antipasti was fresh and delicious. The risotto is full of flavor and you get a good amount of seafood.

Awesome meal.

1  Thank jvbush1017
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We had a restaurant.com coupon and chose Lucio by it's menu prior to arrival in Las Vegas.
Went for lunch and found it to be a great value, even without the coupon, it is a good value. Items ordered...veal parm with
excellent pasta, lasagne with homemade pasta, caesar salad,
garlic bread, tiramisu, & cappuccino. It wasn't crowded at
2pm, so the service was more than excellent!
We will definitely return to this restaurant on our annual trips
to Las Vegas.

1  Thank FLjoan
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Flamingo location. Why was it almost like Italy? The service, the pace of the meal (slow and easy, exactly as we wanted it to be) and the yummy pasta and veal. $15 corkage for our own bottle, though it looked like their selection might not be too bad. We knew the $100 purchase required by our restaurant.com cert might be pushing it for the 2 of us, but we were ready to relax and enjoy - so we ate A LOT! Calamari Luciana - what a surprise - almost a soup - really flavorful, a tad spicy tomato sauce-perfect for bread dipping, too! Insalata Ortolana - nothing to write home about, but tasty. Homemade cavatelli - fabulous - done just right and with the lightest cream sauce! The Dover Sole - perfectly cooked with a tangy lemon butter caper sauce, Veal Saltimbocca - good, a little extra salty from the prosciutto (ok, we couldn't eat it all - had to save room for dessert!). I'm not a tiramisu fan, but our waiter (the manager?) said he'd made it earlier and we wanted to try it - best I've had in ages - thoroughly soaked lady fingers and mascarpone that was just right, not overly sweet. We'll return - probably every trip!

1  Thank a-travelin-foodie