Message from TripAdvisor:

Review of Palms Place Hotel and Spa

Palms Place Hotel and Spa
Ranked #73 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Los Angeles
“My second stay.. just as good as the first!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

This review is way late. I went there last year in July.. and plan on going back again THIS YEAR in July (procrastination is an epidemic, I swear.)

Anywayss..

From now, until forever.. this will be my go-to choice for hotels in Las Vegas. I've looked into pretty much every hotel imaginable and nothing comes close to being able to sway me away.

Yes. You will have to pay $20 - $25 a night for the resort fee. Every nice hotel (if you're a hotel snob like me) will charge you that anyway.

Yes. It's off the strip. If you don't have your own car.. depending on your willingness to pay for a cab or walk the short trek over to the strip.. it may or may not be your cup of tea.

But.. if you're like me.. and enjoy having a quiet place to retreat to after a loooong vegas day / night of gambling / partying or whatever .. there's no place better.

This is my third stay (soon to be fourth in a couple of months) and it's so refreshing to come into a hotel after you're ready to call it a night and not have to navigate through a smoky casino and hundreds of people and a potentially long route to your elevator / room. The parking lot at Palms Place is right in front of the hotel.. a short walk to the elevator and you're at your room in minutes! Try going to MGM Grand and accomplishing that.

Check-In is a breeze. I drove to Vegas from California.. I sat in a car for 3 - 4 hours.. the last thing I want to do is stand in line to check-in. To put it into perspective.. I had a few people with me who stayed at different hotels (Treasure Island and Flamingo) .. I was able to drop each of them off, go to Palms Place, check-in, run a few laps around the room like a fool and they were STILL in line. Sometimes, they'll offer you an upgrade to their one bedroom for a small fee (mine I think was $30 .. I took it!) totally worth it!

The room was spotless. The bathroom AMAZING. Having a refrigerator and washer/dryer came in *very* handy. I'll spring $60 extra for a better room.. but pay $3 - $4 for a 20 oz bottle of soda? No, sir. Don't judge me. Vegas is all about going "over the top" so why not live like it for a few days? The jacuzzi in the middle of the room overlooking Vegas is so relaxing after a long day (after you've cleaned it out thoroughly.. I know what happens in Vegas rooms lol)

Also.. Of *all* the times I've been there.. I've never once seen a "bunch of 20 somethings drunk and loud" EVER. Matter of fact.. I think the most people I've seen at that hotel at any one time was probably 8.. and that's not even an exaggeration..

So if you love uber-modern rooms at an affordable price ($59 - $79 is a steal imo) without the long walks to your room or hundreds of people to navigate through and you don't mind being off the strip -- then this is hands down your best option.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank PatrickG11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (642)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Palms Place Hotel. Overall this was a great place to stay. This was also our first time in Las Vegas. The room was a studio suite. It was on the 30th floor (Oh what a view). The bed was so comfortable, I barely wanted to leave the room. The room was clean, the bathroom was clean and very spacious. I called ahead to see if there was a jacuzzi tub and I was told No, but once we got there, the tub was a jacuzzi. Didn't get a chance to experience the entire Palms Hotel and Casino. I thought the Theater inside was great! The choice of eateries and clubs right downstairs was a plus also. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chivan G
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

My friends and I stayed at both the Palms Casino and Palms Place. Below are the pros/cons:

Pros:
- Studio suite in Palms Place was very spacious with 1 king bed and 1 queen (felt more like full) sofa bed, big bathroom
- Great value for Palms Place
- Paid the $15 for the day pass to the Drift Spa, very much worth it! Very relaxing, though small
- Pool at Palms Place was small but fine. Preferred this to the crazy party pool at the Palms Casino...
- There's a shuttle to Caesar's every 30 mins until 4 pm or something...didn't take advantage of it though. And this only departs from Palms Casino
- Two large televisions in room -- unnecessary? But so nice :)

Cons:
- No gym in Palms Place so had to go over to Palms Casino which was ~10 mins walk, including having to walk through the casino in your gym gear...this was really inconvenient (You could go to the small gym in the Drift Spa at the Palms Place but that had the $15 spa charge)
- My friends in the Palms Casino stayed in the Bungalow Suite which was right next to the pool -- on weekends the party music started blasting at 9 am until 6 pm. The suite only had 1 king bed even though capacity was for 4 people, so you had to get a foldaway bed.
- Food court etc and basically everything was located in Palms Casino (and not Palms Place), which entailed that ~10 mins walk
- Bistro Buffet lunch was so-so..quality really wasn't that great but it was fairly inexpensive at $19 and $14 if you had a Palms Club card

Overall, we got great value for what we paid, so I would overlook the cons.

Room Tip: Bungalow Suite in palms Casino is kind of sparse and suffers from music blaring from 9 am-6 pm on we...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank kbun
Albany, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Room was a great value and very nice. Front-desk staff were very helpful on check-in and check-out. Got there after midnight and we were in our room within 10 minutes upon our arrival. Room was gorgeous. Bed was comfortable. Our one night at Palms Place was was the best night's sleep I had in Vegas.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mark P
Lizella
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

I was there on a Friday night and that could have been the issue but it was full of 20 somethings, who were drunk and loud. It was also March Madness Weekend. The room was really nice and view was good. The service was good.
It is a little off the strip so if you want to do a lot of site seeing, you would be better off to pick a hotel closer to the action. But it did seem to have a lot of it's on action. I did get a excellent deal from Olotels.com, because of March Madness prices on rooms were high.

Room Tip: Always ask for rooms on the higher levels, the views are much better
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LizellaTraveler
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

I just came back from girls trip where we was gone for 8 days! This place was the best out of all our stays we even had a city corner suite at Vdara where stuff was broken in the expensive room!! The front desk was attentive to our needs and even sent up surprises to suite!! We had a gorgeous city view and some of the strip!! This was my first time staying off the strip and it was amazing!! I will def return to the Palms Place!!

Room Tip: The rooms are very roomy
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tishaunda L
Springfield, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

We stayed in the Ivory tower from Sunday through Tuesday. Our rooms were comped and we did not have to pay the resort fee this time. Last time we did. The room was very nice and clean. There was only a shower. Hotel check-in was very easy, bur we did not get there until very late. Our plane was late getting to Vegas. Another late leaving flight on Allegiant Air, but the flight was very cheap so I should not complain. The people we had contact with at the Palms were very friendly. We only ate in the cafe which had good service and food. The buffet price was very reasonable for this month of April. The line was always long, and it was not moving very fast. I heard the food was good, but that was only comments i heard. The casino was nice and clean and easy to get around. We go to Vegas to gamble. We did not win alot of money here. We actually won money across the street at the Gold Coast. Also my wife like to play bingo some of the time. The table games during the week are $5 for the most part. The dealers we friendly and it was fun to play. Drink service, if that is a concern for some, was slow but friendly. The Palms does have a food court and movie theaters. The pool was nice and the people were friendly. Yes it was warm for us. We are from Minnesota, and it was 30 when we left, and the temps out here were in the low 80's. The Palms does have a shuttle to the strip and we did spend one day on the strip. Yes, and you can walk back to the Palms from the strip if you would like and we did. The weather was great and not hot at this time. We are in our 60's and have no trouble doing it if you like to exercise. We always have a good time staying at the Palms, and will be doing it again in July when it is hot. You could also go the Gold Coast and the Rio. I would reccomend the Palms if you can get a good deal. The Ivory Tower was nice and beds were great and comfy.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple