Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #80 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“OMG Where Do I Begin!?”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Reservation:My boyfriend and I wanted to celebrate Valentine's Day a little differently so when we saw a deal on Groupon for this location we knew this was what we wanted! We made reservations from 02/11/2014 - 02/15/2014. We called ahead to request a view of the strip and to confirm our reservation was in the system. I work at a 5 star hotel myself so I am very detail oriented and can be very picky. When we arrived, we easily found self parking and were checked into the Palms Place within 3 minutes. Our request of a strip view had been met. The front desk staff was courteous and efficient.

Hotel Decor: The decor of the lobby is as pictured; it was so chic and modern. The room was even more amazing; The hallway leading to the rooms were dimly lit but i believe that was on purpose as it added to the sexy vibe of the place. The view from the room was breathtaking. The balcony door opened so we didn't have the problems with a locked door like everybody else had. There was tons of closet space, two televisions, the bed was insanely comfortable, and more importantly it did not smell like a casino hotel. The bathroom , as well, was to die for. Jetted tub in addition to a stand alone waterfall shower. I didn't notice any wear or tear in the room.

Service and Amenities: Our linens were changed out everyday and they even washed our dishes!! The pans, utensils, and dinnerware they provided were top notch. The air conditioning worked extremely well but most days we opted to open up the balcony since it was so nice outside. As for the resort fees and deposit per night ...we were told about those at the desk when we checked in but we already knew about them because we researched these kinds of things. it was not a surprise. parking was free and we never had an issue finding a space near the entrance of the hotel even on nights we came in a 5am!! we were given complimentary access to GhostBar and a couple other venues. They were all really fun and barely had lines. The casino and clubs are located in another part of the hotel but the walk wasnt bad and it was cool to explore everything. the outdoor pool and accompanying jacuzzi were clean and comfy. the bar was closed because it was during the off season, but again we knew that prior to arriving.

Location: We rented a car because we were driving to the grand canyon during our stay so we had no problem getting to the heart of the strip....5 minutes at the most. all the casinos have free parking so there was minimal hassle. I like the location of the hotel because it is very quiet for vegas but you are just a hop skip and jump away from the craziness.

this hotel exceeded our expectations in every way. sometimes it was hard to leave the hotel room because it was such an experience in itself. we miss it so much. until next time!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeremy B, Manager at Palms Place Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear AshleyAM,

Thank you for your kind words in your review. We always look to exceed expectations in every way. We are glad you had such a great experience and most definitely look forward to having you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (653)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is my 3rd time staying at the Palms and each time has been a little bit worse. The hotel appearance is in good condition, nothing in the ballpark of the Wynn or Aria, but nonetheless a decent 4 star hotel that is a good value. The problem I had with this place is all the staff from the front desk, bell hops, restaurants and security where all very rude and arrogant.

My biggest issue I had was with check in. I arrived very late in the evening and they didn't have any rooms available in the remodeled Ivory tower that I had already prepaid for. The front desk tried to be sneaky and say "we have decided to upgrade you to the Palms Place!" Unfortunately, the Palms Place rooms are cheaper per night and a decent hike away from all the action of the hotel (there are no restaurants and gambling at the Palms Place). They weren't going to refund any money, place me in a suite, offer any free accommodations...it was take it or leave sort of attitude. They said if I come back tomorrow they can switch me over to the Ivory Tower, which I agreed to regardless of the inconvenience of switching rooms after unpacking. The whole time all the staff was very inconsiderate and arrogant. At 1 point they disappeared for 15 minutes to speak to the manager about this, no resolution was made or even an acknowledgement of the dealy. The next day I switched rooms and again different staff was also very rude. They would not help with my room transition at all and made it seem that this was the biggest inconvenience for them.

I don't want to continue to ramble about all my personal bad experiences, but overall the Casino customer service and overall vibe is far inferior to many of the other Vegas Strip hotels. With the Palms being off the Strip, they really need to deliver a superior experience to get people to want to stay there opposed to staying on the Strip and they are falling far short of any of the keys things they need to do for a top notch Vegas experience.

You can get an equally priced room on the Strip, so would recommend travelers to steer clear of the Palms.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Chino Hills, California
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Yes the room is a great value. I wish the hotel was closer to the strip but I'm sure the distance is reflected in the price. Beds are very comfortable and I love their rain shower. One of my favorite hotels to stay at. The resort fee has increased to $25 to be aware of that.

1 Thank Nathan N
Jeremy B, Manager at Palms Place Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Khanh N,

We are glad to hear we are atop your list of favorite hotels to stay at. We stride to make each guest visit a comfortable and entertaining experience. Thank you for the review and we will see you on your next visit.
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were offered an upgrade and enjoyed all the extras like the Jacuzzi and 2 balcony's. There is nothing like walking into the room after a long day and night sightseeing and seeing that beautiful view right when we walked into the room! Gorgeous! It is nice to have the shuttle available to get to the strip, wish it was available longer in the evening 8pm is so early to stop running. Every encounter with staff was great, and helpful. I am already planning my stay for next year, or maybe sooner you never know.

Room Tip: upgrade to a 1 bedroom
Louisville, KY
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Yes, I purchased through an online booking site, but found I could have booked cheaper directly. I was upgraded at check-in to a 1 bedroom suite which was great!

Good value, really liked the room. Only complaint was common areas outside door, hallway, and skytube were a little worn and dirty. Palms needs to pay attention to these areas a little better. Otherwise I thought the property was excellent.

Room Tip: Ask if any upgrades are available at check-in to 1 bedroom. We had a corner one bedroom on 23rd flo...
Streamwood, Illinois
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The room was better than expected, the only thing I didn't like was the smoked glass bathroom wall that let too much light in the bed area. There was a kitchen area with a fridge, stove, sink, dishes, dishwasher. There's plenty of counter space. Very nice for a short or extended stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Ended up staying in a penthouse room at palms place with friends who were also staying at the hotel. Used a baday for the first time and their private jacuzzi was the best! Only used our standard two queen bedroom one of the three nights we were there. The only criticism I have is that the shower design was horrible and would spray cold water on you whenever you turned it on.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends