Palms Place Hotel and Spa
Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$378
US$204
Official Site
  • Pool
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$214
US$198
US$153
  • Pool
Excalibur Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)
US$107
US$67
  • Restaurant
ARIA Resort & Casino(Las Vegas)
US$225
US$181
  • Restaurant
Vdara Hotel & Spa(Las Vegas)
US$188
US$144
  • Restaurant
Luxor Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$113
  • Restaurant
Bellagio Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$236
US$192
  • Restaurant
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$113
  • Restaurant
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$226
Orbitz.com
2,523 results
All reviewsstudio suitesky tubeoff the stripdrift spaghost barrain showerfull kitchenice makerjetted tubstove topmovie theaterfood courtgreat view of the stripwear and tearflat screenwasher dryerfree shuttle
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We've stayed at the Palms quite a few times and this was the best one of them all. I wish I would have gotten the lady's name at check in as she was just a delight and very accommodating - I would have liked to recommend her to the management.

We usually get a premier room in the Ivory Tower (closest to Flamingo Avenue and a great view of LV on the north side). But he beds in these newly remodeled rooms have a very sharp corner on the platform that the mattress sits on and we scrapped legs before on them. Plus these rooms have only a shower - no tub.

So this time we chose a superior room (same price for us) in the Fantasy Tower. The Fantasy Tower sits behind the Ivory Tower so it doesn't have as nice a view on the north side as the Ivory Tower. You need to have end suites to have the best views of the strip but the view was as important for us on this trip.

Beds seemed to be just as comfortable plus they didn't have the sharp corners on the platform. The TV's are flat screen but probably don't have as much "media plugins" available as the other room but that's not a biggie for us. And in both towers, there aren't very many rooms on each floor so it's extremely quiet.

The big plus for us in this room was a jetted tub in the bathroom. What a delight to soak away the day. The Palms is off strip by several blocks but walking to it involves crossing some very busy streets - but the Gold Coast hotel/casino is right across the street and the Rio hotel/casino is right next to Gold Coast so lots of options for gaming, shopping and dining.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My family and I stayed for 5 nights at the Palms Place hotel in a one bedroom suite. It was very comfortable and well suited to a family of four. Lots of nice amenities, including a gas fire place, stainless steel kitchen, huge modern bathroom and a half bath - thus eliminating arguments about who gets to use the bathroom next. The suite was the size of a one bedroom apartment so we had loads of space. The Palms Place is located next door (about a 5 minute walk) to the Palms Casino so you can avoid the casino entirely if you want. The Spa with a Hammon steam room was also nicely appointed and my massage and pedicure were top notch (and I am picky).

The Hotel is about one mile from the Strip and there is a free shuttle van every 30 minutes to the Forum Shopping Centre on the Strip. As parking is free and plentiful in Vegas, we usually elected to drive which was fast and easy (and avoided the unpleasant kabal of Vegas cabbies).

The only thing we didn't care for at the hotel was the pool. It looks great on the website but it is much smaller and full of large pillars. It did have a large wading pool area for small children. However, we found that it seemed a lot like being a vortex when the wind is blowing making it an unplesant experience.

Overall, I recommend this hotel to anyone who would like to have a bit more space and is interested in taking in more of Vegas than just the Strip.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Jeremy B, Manager at Palms Place Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear glashead,

We appreciate the great review from you recent stay. Our selection of bedrooms are very spacious and accommodating for families such as yours. We are glad to hear you will recommend Palms Place to others and would enjoy having you visit again.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Reservation:My boyfriend and I wanted to celebrate Valentine's Day a little differently so when we saw a deal on Groupon for this location we knew this was what we wanted! We made reservations from 02/11/2014 - 02/15/2014. We called ahead to request a view of the strip and to confirm our reservation was in the system. I work at a 5 star hotel myself so I am very detail oriented and can be very picky. When we arrived, we easily found self parking and were checked into the Palms Place within 3 minutes. Our request of a strip view had been met. The front desk staff was courteous and efficient.

Hotel Decor: The decor of the lobby is as pictured; it was so chic and modern. The room was even more amazing; The hallway leading to the rooms were dimly lit but i believe that was on purpose as it added to the sexy vibe of the place. The view from the room was breathtaking. The balcony door opened so we didn't have the problems with a locked door like everybody else had. There was tons of closet space, two televisions, the bed was insanely comfortable, and more importantly it did not smell like a casino hotel. The bathroom , as well, was to die for. Jetted tub in addition to a stand alone waterfall shower. I didn't notice any wear or tear in the room.

Service and Amenities: Our linens were changed out everyday and they even washed our dishes!! The pans, utensils, and dinnerware they provided were top notch. The air conditioning worked extremely well but most days we opted to open up the balcony since it was so nice outside. As for the resort fees and deposit per night ...we were told about those at the desk when we checked in but we already knew about them because we researched these kinds of things. it was not a surprise. parking was free and we never had an issue finding a space near the entrance of the hotel even on nights we came in a 5am!! we were given complimentary access to GhostBar and a couple other venues. They were all really fun and barely had lines. The casino and clubs are located in another part of the hotel but the walk wasnt bad and it was cool to explore everything. the outdoor pool and accompanying jacuzzi were clean and comfy. the bar was closed because it was during the off season, but again we knew that prior to arriving.

Location: We rented a car because we were driving to the grand canyon during our stay so we had no problem getting to the heart of the strip....5 minutes at the most. all the casinos have free parking so there was minimal hassle. I like the location of the hotel because it is very quiet for vegas but you are just a hop skip and jump away from the craziness.

this hotel exceeded our expectations in every way. sometimes it was hard to leave the hotel room because it was such an experience in itself. we miss it so much. until next time!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeremy B, Manager at Palms Place Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear AshleyAM,

Thank you for your kind words in your review. We always look to exceed expectations in every way. We are glad you had such a great experience and most definitely look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is my 3rd time staying at the Palms and each time has been a little bit worse. The hotel appearance is in good condition, nothing in the ballpark of the Wynn or Aria, but nonetheless a decent 4 star hotel that is a good value. The problem I had with this place is all the staff from the front desk, bell hops, restaurants and security where all very rude and arrogant.

My biggest issue I had was with check in. I arrived very late in the evening and they didn't have any rooms available in the remodeled Ivory tower that I had already prepaid for. The front desk tried to be sneaky and say "we have decided to upgrade you to the Palms Place!" Unfortunately, the Palms Place rooms are cheaper per night and a decent hike away from all the action of the hotel (there are no restaurants and gambling at the Palms Place). They weren't going to refund any money, place me in a suite, offer any free accommodations...it was take it or leave sort of attitude. They said if I come back tomorrow they can switch me over to the Ivory Tower, which I agreed to regardless of the inconvenience of switching rooms after unpacking. The whole time all the staff was very inconsiderate and arrogant. At 1 point they disappeared for 15 minutes to speak to the manager about this, no resolution was made or even an acknowledgement of the dealy. The next day I switched rooms and again different staff was also very rude. They would not help with my room transition at all and made it seem that this was the biggest inconvenience for them.

I don't want to continue to ramble about all my personal bad experiences, but overall the Casino customer service and overall vibe is far inferior to many of the other Vegas Strip hotels. With the Palms being off the Strip, they really need to deliver a superior experience to get people to want to stay there opposed to staying on the Strip and they are falling far short of any of the keys things they need to do for a top notch Vegas experience.

You can get an equally priced room on the Strip, so would recommend travelers to steer clear of the Palms.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Yes the room is a great value. I wish the hotel was closer to the strip but I'm sure the distance is reflected in the price. Beds are very comfortable and I love their rain shower. One of my favorite hotels to stay at. The resort fee has increased to $25 to be aware of that.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank K W

Dear Khanh N,

We are glad to hear we are atop your list of favorite hotels to stay at. We stride to make each guest visit a comfortable and entertaining experience. Thank you for the review and we will see you on your next visit.