Message from TripAdvisor:

“One of the best rooms I have stayed in - but some maintenance issues..”

Palms Place Hotel and Spa
Ranked #83 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Phoenix, Arizona
“One of the best rooms I have stayed in - but some maintenance issues..”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

This was our second time staying here. It is close to the top of the list of places we have stayed. It is very nicely laid out, lots of room, with excellent features.

The bed was comfy and clean, with a great view. There is a lounge area, with plenty of space for guests. The kitchen has space to eat, modern premium appliances and goes beyond my usual list of coffee machine/microwave/bar fridge and has a full size Subzero fridge and freezer, dishwasher, etc. the choice and amount of dishes, silverware and glasses seems to be a lottery, but we have always had the minimum two glasses we wanted.

As others have mentioned, we had a beautiful wrap-around balcony with an incredible view of the strip... that is locked!! What a waste!

It seems like the maintenance is up to the owner or the group organizing the rental, as there was a night and day difference between this room and the one we had last time. There was a bottle of cleaning fluid and a rag left on a counter, there was a big mark on the fridge like a label had been peeled off, but the residue left there. Also, one of the wardrobes had a broken drawer that was left sitting in the drawer below. These were very obvious items that must have been seen and someone decided not to address. These are marketed as party rooms, so some rough treatment should be expected and there should be a plan in place to address it.

Even with these issues it is an awesome room and we will be back - often.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Scott N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (656)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 19 August 2014

All staff was cordial and friendly throughout our stay with the exception of Jennifer at reception desk. We reserved a Ivory Tower 1bdrm suite on the 31st flr corner facing strip. Retro from 70's decor made me come home and look for some of those pieces. Simply beautiful and bed slept so good I wanted to come back to my room and take a nap everyday! Very clean!! The reason I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 was a few things one being why does pool close at 6p daily in summer it's not even dark outside and so what if it is I love a night swim when sun not beaming: / when I asked the pool attendant he said pool was for day clubbers: ( I don't club so this leads me to the next reason, there are several bars and clubs but after that not much else to do? Except a movie or gamble so we had to leave hotel and hang out at other resorts who's pool stayed open 10p daily. They might want to rethink this pool schedule.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank H0tsauce
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed in Vegas from Friday to Sunday. We only stayed in Palms Place for one night however. I typically do not write reviews but in this case I felt compelled to do so.

My wife and I arrived on Friday at around 1pm. We didn't expect for our room to be ready and we had plans to go use the pool. However, after talking to Front Desk during check in, they informed me that the room was indeed ready. We were very happy about that.

We promptly went to the room after dealing with the very friendly and informative staff at the front desk. They broke everything down, as far as fees and such. Just so everyone knows, there is a $25 fee no matter what, and that is to cover some costs of the spa, pool and such things. I consider it a bargain since we used the facilities.

I read on many reviews that the lighting was terrible. As I walked up to the room, I did not feel this was the case. Yes, it was dark, but it wasn't dark on accident. It is purposefully dark, and my wife and I thought it to be very romantic. The decor is dark through-out the lobby and the main elevator banks. Once you get on the floors, it gets a little lighter, and when you get in the room it is perfectly lit.

We stayed in a Studio suite and paid $149 via hotels.com. I noticed that others got a much better rate on off-season, but being that it is currently peak season in Las Vegas, I was not surprized to have paid this amount.

The suite was very nice and elegant. The room was extremely clean as well as the bathroom. There were 2 nice 42" plasma tv's, one designated for the couch area, the other for the bed area. The bed was fantastic. Take this from someone who has a very expensive orthopedic bed, it was really a great bed.

The dark wood floors gave the place a certain elegance that carpet just wouldn't do. Tiled floor and walls in the bathroom added to that elegance. Very romantic feel indeed. The jacuzzi tub was not in the same location where the Palms place stock photo shows it, but we liked the location. It had the ceiling shower and the hand shower head within the same designated area of the ceiling shower head which was nice.

There were two small fridges. One for mini-bar, the other for your items. A micro-wave, stove, dishwasher and even a blender and toaster were provided. Very acommodating.

Overall, I seriously did not find one thing to complain about.

The only thing I may think some people may moan about is the distance to the palms casino. In all honesty, we did not walk to the Palms, we went to the strip for the one night and we had a blast. Either way, the walk did not seem that far, and there is an enclosed bridge that would take you there anyways.

Book with confidence. I work at a luxury hotel and this hotel is high on their standards and I did not see/witness any of the negatively reviewed points from other reviewers.

Room Tip: I wish I would have asked for a higher floor room. We were on the 11th floor, and while that wasn...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ricardo V
Irvine, CA
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were in Las Vegas on business, and got booked into the Palms Place Hotel. What a gorgeous place! It's just far enough off The Strip and doesn't have a casino, but is connected by an indoor walkway to the Palms Hotel and Casino. The hotel itself is 58 stories tall, which means a pretty spectacular view of the city, with rooms having either a view of the casinos or a view of the valley and mountains. Our room had the casino view.

Our room was spectacular, with a king size bed, a sofa bed, two flat-screen TV's (one for the bed and one for the sofa area), a third TV in the the bathroom, a large Jacuzzi tub, a shower with two heads, a kitchenette with cook top and microwave, dishwasher, and refrigerator. There was also a fully-stocked minibar.

We had only limited exposure to the staff, but they were also great.

The only downside to staying there was the internet. Think "horrible," then take a few steps backwards. Connectivity was extremely bad. Plus, they only allow you to connect one device per room, per day! To make matters worse, because of all the metal and such, it was difficult to connect via 3G/4G, even though we were 32 stories up.

As great as all the amenities were, the most outstanding feature was the price! Rooms were just $69 a night, plus the standard fees and taxes. You can't stay at a decent budget motel for that rate!

I would definitely recommend the Palms Place to any friends traveling to the area.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor with a view of the casinos.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael H
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very nice hotel. Clean, great view, friendly staff. Notice that the shuttle bus from the casino to the Strip doesn't leave that often and gets really full (so full that not everyone got a seat and had to wait another 30 min for the next shuttle - definitely room for improvement there!), but other that that it's a great place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joe L
warrington
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a one bedroom suite in Plams Place the 1st week in May. Palms is such a great hotel and the choice of the 3 towers + different types of rooms is great.
We opted for the one bedroom suite at Palms Place as these suites had their own kitchen facilities very much like a condo. We had a corner suite on the 33rd floor with a strip view - amazing!!! The views of the strip are breath taking and just as good as being at the top of Ghost Bar which we love.
You have a huge jacuzzi tub with views of the strip, just what you need for a complete chill after a night on the strip.
The only downside we had was the pool at Palms Place, really quite small + dated. The chairs + beds didn't look very clean and a bit weathered. We decided to use the main pool for the rest of our stay and although this was a bit further to walk it was well worth it, with lots of great clean beds, cabanas, huge pools, hot tub, great waitress service + the atmosphere was amazing every day.
A lot of people put me off staying at Palms in the past due to its location just off strip, but to be honest if you want the views this hotel has the best - when you in a strip hotel you never get a view of the whole strip like this!!!
Such a great hotel with a food court area with McDonald's, Chinese food, hotdogs, burrito restaurant, sandwich deli etc...
We would definitely recommend these suites + will go back :o)

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Landistasia
Reviewed 17 August 2014

It was all good. I loved loved the bath and the view the most. We stayed for my birthday and were going out for dinner However, the room was so awesome and romantic, we got delivery and stayed in the room.........need I say more.

Room Tip: Highest floor, facing the strip. We had a jr suite.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple