Message from TripAdvisor:

“Amazing Honeymoon, will never forget!”

Palms Place Hotel and Spa
Ranked #80 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Dorset
“Amazing Honeymoon, will never forget!”
Reviewed 22 October 2009

We spent 3 nights at Palms Place. I had been emailed an offer to upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite, which we took advantage of and i'm so glad we did!!
We had an amazing suite, it was huge! And two balconies. one which looked over the vegas strip, this view was amazing at night! Everything in the room was huge, the bed, the shower, the sofa the list goes on. How can i forget the JACUZZI BATH in the bedroom, you could sit in the bath and look out at the view of vegas - just so cool!
The hotel was very modern, it had a spa which we got complimentary use of one morning. Not a a huge spa, but had all the amenities you could need, free soft drinks, juice and tea too.
All the staff were very friendly.
We didn;t get breakfast included in our stay but if you get the tunnel to the neighbour Palms hotel, there is a buffee breakfast there which was resonably priced, all you can eat!
The pool area was also lovely, lots of cabanas, a small bar, and funky background music.
The only thing i could fault was that we had to get taxi's to and from the strip. And taxi's in vegas are not cheap. The taxi drivers will take you as longer way as possible. Also taxi's won't just drop you off anywhere, only at hotel's. The closest to the Palms is the ballagio, so ask for a taxi there to get to the strip.
It was a great start to our honeymoon and I would definatley love to stay here again!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (653)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Leesburg, VA
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I go to Vega about twice per year for pleasure. I have never stayed at the Palms before and I have to admit, they have won me over from the MGM. The Palms Place does not have a casino on premise but does have a covered walk to the Palms casino (est. 5 minutes).

The rooms were spacious and most have great views of the skyline. One reason is that they are not right on top of another casino. The pool is smaller than most but offers great service and a beautiful scenery. The pool wasn't crowded when we were there on a Sunday and we were able to stay in a cabana free of charge for the day. Great staff and clean.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
New York
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Hotel is full of "beautiful" people. Young, skinny, bikini clad girls hang out by the pool. Rooms are swank and chic...bathroom is elegant, with marble hot tub, glass enclosed shower and toilet area. Flat screen in the bathroom! You can watch from the tub. White down comforters feel amazing and the balcony is also nice. I love the fact that it has a living room area, complete with sectional, and glass coffee table. Two huge flat screens in the room, with a kitchenette. Rooms are pretty much awesome. Pool is great, just wish it didnt close so early. Hotel is connected to The Palms hotel by a long walk way, so you have access to both hotels' restaurants and casinos. I recommend using the pool and hanging out at The Palms. More action there. The only thing that's annoying is that they charge $30 a day to use their gym. This would be great if you wanted to spend the day using the sauna, hot tub, etc., but if you just want to use the elliptical for 45 minutes, not practical. Also, hotel is not on the main Vegas strip, but there is alot happening at The Palms..so you won't feel out of the loop.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Seattle
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Had a great stay at Palms Place... Would recomend it to anyone looking for some great night life and relaxation!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Astoria, New York
Reviewed 14 September 2009

Decided to give the Palms Place a try because hadn't been to Vegas in over 10 years. Wanted to go with the family, not a huge gambler, so we didn't want to stay on the Strip. If you want the action of the Strip, don't stay here as there is no Casino in the Hotel and is a pretty good distance from the Strip. The Palms Casino is right next door, which you can use the tube to get back and forth if you really have to fulfill your gambling fix. I booked a Studio, but asked for a complimentary upgrade as I was renewing my wedding vows. They obliged. A bottle of champagne and cherries were also sent up to my room, which was a nice surprise. The room was much better than expected. Quite spacious, whirpool bath, beautifully built bathroom with shower, of course, guest bathroom, washer and dryer, which I utlized to the fullest, full kitchen, huge patio on the 51st floor with a great view of the strip. Did I mention the Whirlpool Bath?
However, with the good there is usually a little bad. For whatever reason, Palms Place feels that they need to charge you $100 a day for incidentals. $100 a day???? This we were not informed of until we checked in so I had to fork over a $500 hold which could have put a serious damper on your vacation spending if you didn't have it. Wireless Internet is not free. $14.99 a day for the connection, when I balked on that, I was then told of signing up with BOINGO for my stay which was $21.99 for a month and there would be access with it at the Hotel, but if you check BOINGO out you would see that it is a ripoff as well. I passed on both. Used my Blackberry for Internet access and was just fine. The staff was nice and the valet's knew you by name, when you parked there, but if you didn't and utilized the free parking, which I didn't do much since I rented a Benz, they kind of forgot your name. The Cable channels were extremely limted for some reason, and to make matters worse, the first two nights I was there it wasn't functioning properly because of COX cable...so I was told. since I didn't come to Vegas to watch TV, I can give them a pass I guess. There is an automatic $1 a day phone charge, whether you use the phone or not. Talk about nickel and diming you. I would rather them charge you whatever from the get go and then have a clean slate unless you buy a pay per movie, make a long distance call or damage the room or steal the robes. Overall, I was pleased with my stay and would return again, especially if I can get another free upgrade!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank yankhit23
California
Reviewed 14 September 2009

We had a fabulous time at Palms Place Las Vegas last February. We asked for a room with a view and got a 17th story room facing the strip. The room was perfect, just as depicted on the website. We felt like we had our own LV condo for 3 nights! It was so cool, and I absolutely love the ultra modern, clean design of the furniture and building decor.

The room had everything we needed, and everything worked well. We didn't get room service, but did eat at Simon's restaurant three times in the three days we were there. Each time was great, the staff at Simon's were super friendly, and we even met Simon himself twice. The food was fresh and innovative.

Next time we go to LV we will definitely stay at the Palms Place again. So much less frouo-frou than so much available on the strip.!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed 12 September 2009

4 of us traveled to Vegas and stayed in a one-bedroom suite. The suite was amazing. Huge, beautiful rooms, great bathroom (there's only 1.5 in the one-bedroom suite, unlike the Signature at MGM Grand which gives you 2) amazing view of the Rio and strip. The walk to The Palms casino is very easy through the skywalk, and there are some great bars and clubs in The Palms. The Palms Place pool is laid back, which is just how I like it. It's nice to go to a swanky hotel in Vegas with great service and not have to deal with a casino every time you want to go in and out of the hotel. But the casino is conveniently close to the hotel. My only complaint is that it is pretty far off the strip, so if you want to go anywhere else, you need to cab it.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends