It wasn't a good start as our room was not ready until 5.30pm and the front desk agents forgot to call us to let us know!
Saying that, the suite was fabulous. Great strip views, cutting edge design, swanky furniture, 2 balconies, fabulous bedroom with egg bath situated in front of the window, a fireplace and a cool bar.
But on closer inspection a thick layer of dust covered the furniture. Also the minibar had not been restocked, the kitchen sink smelt really awful, and the carpets were really stained and dirty.
Ii requested that the room be cleaned by housekeeping, unfortunately the next day they did not even sweep. There were crisps on the floor from a previous guest, still a thick layer of dust on the lamps, and the bed linens for the sofabed, were not even folded neatly but were left in a heap on a chair. This continued for the entire stay. They didnt refill the toilet paper and when asked it took them 4 hours to deliver. It also took 2 days and 4 phonecalls to get a working hairdryer, when i asked why it didn't arrive they said there was only 1 person working.
2 of us had a spa day booked, the massages were absolutely fabulous, however the relaxation area was really poor. It was dirty, there were cigarette burns in the outdoor seating area, and there was no fresh juice or iced water, a real contrast to the other spas that i have visited in Vegas. The co-ed steam room was mouldy and the smell was awful. We retreated to the womens area, where the steam area also smelt mouldy, it really needed some eucalyptus oil. Both Palms Hotel & Palm Place pools were closed.
But the worse was really to come...
On the day that we were due to leave i put the do not disturb sign on as we only got in at 6am. However i was woken by a maid in my room at 8.40am. Why the maid decided to arrive on the day we were leaving when she hadn't bothered all week i do not know, but i told her that we had a 11am checkout and that she should come back.
I then tried to get back to sleep, but at 10am i was again awoken by the doorbell ringing, i opened the door to the maid who asked what time i was leaving. I told her again i have 11m checkout, she just turned and left.
I called the front desk to ask what the Do Not Disturb sign meant ? they said that they were not allowed to use the bell , so i asked why housekeeping had let themselves into my room and why they had disturbed me. They had no excuse, and were quite rude.
This are nicely designed apartments, but they just lack the professionalism and poor quality of cleanliness that you get from the other Vegas hotels. On this trip i also stayed at The Hotel at Mandalay Bay, Encore at the Wynn and Platinum, and Palms place was by far the worst hotel I stayed in....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palms Place Hotel and Spa is a full service boutique hotel. Comfortably removed from the non-stop action of the Palms casino, this tower is a study in elegance and relaxation.From the high-end accommodations to Simon Restaurant, Drift Spa and Rojo Lounge, Palms Place feels more like a home than a hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Palms Place Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palms Place Hotel Las Vegas
- Palms Place Las Vegas
- Palms Place Hotel And Spa Las Vegas