Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #79 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Monterey California
“Perfect Stay”
Reviewed 22 March 2010

I have been to Las Vegas over 100 times and this hotel is one of the best.
My recent 2 night stay here was flawless.
Friendly and quick check in.
Beautiful modern suite with an Outside Balcony and panoramic views of the entire strip. The interiors of the suites are outstanding.
My room had very good air quality and no build up of cleaning product smells you find in many hotel rooms.
One of the nicest and largest bathrooms I have ever had in a hotel.
Terrific meal at Simons restaurant downstairs.
Unobtrusive and efficient housekeeping.
Free parking right in front of the hotel.
Terrific Spa.
I would highly recommend this hotel to people who want an upscale smoke free Las Vegas experience. It does help to have a car to get around from this hotel back to the strip but it is a very short cab ride.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tristan017

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (658)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed 17 March 2010

Had the smarts to really dig and decided to stay at Palms Place for a three night business trip. the rates were ridiculously low since i was there Monday through Thursday. upgraded to a one Bedroom suite and loved it. staff at Spa, Simon, and front desk were top notch and attentive.

i will be staying there if it is affordable every tie i go back to Las Vegas

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Santa Clarita, CA
Reviewed 15 March 2010

I called to book a standard room at the Palms for a business trip and was told that for $10 more per night (about $250) we could upgrade to a 1200 sq ft suite. It was a no brainer.

The suite was basically an apartment with a separate private master bedroom, very comfortable beds, 2 baths, living room with fireplace, plasma TVs, a full kitchen and a great view of the city. It was far more space and luxury than what we needed but well worth an extra $20 for the weekend. I was wishing my girlfriend was with me instead of my business partner.

We were there during convention time and that meant higher minimum tables so I didn't gamble as much as I usually would. The Palms is modern Vegas all the way with fast paced play, crowded bars and more of a young party vibe. Aside from things getting crowded and the long walk from the Palms Place tower to the casino our stay was perfect.

We had all our meals at the hotel including breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night snacks and everything we ordered was good as was the service all around.

I've been getting promo offer emails since the trip and may take advantage of the deals. Great room, great food and a good value. No complaints about the prices. I may not choose to gamble here but would definitely stay at the Palms again.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank mandlinsocal
Sydney
Reviewed 26 February 2010

The hotel itself is good, the room we were eventually given was beautiful but the whole experience was stressful and annoying.

Upon arrival no-one was there to help with our bags, if we only had one or two suitcases I wouldn't have minded. However, we were left to struggle with 2 large suitcases, 2 carry on bags 4 shopping bags. Reception staff were un-friendly and not helpful, no information offered on the hotel's amenities etc.

When we got to our room the smell of cigarrettes almost made me vomit and there were 2 double beds. I specifically booked a king room on a non smoking floor.
So I phoned reception and the guy basically told me he had no rooms available that met my requirements. After umming and ahhhing he miraculously found one and said a bell boy would be up asap to give us the keys for the new room. We had to wait in the hall because the room smelled like a filthy ashtray and my head was spinning.

15 minutes later I called reception to inquire about the keys, I was assured that he was coming. 25 minutes later still nothing so I spoke to a manager and told him I was completely un-impressed by our experience with the hotel and staff.
The bell boy finally materialised, hurriedly shoved the keys in my husband's hands before running off - no offer to help with our bags or show us the new room.

There is more to this hideous experience but to be honest I just want to forget about the whole thing.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EQ80
London
Reviewed 25 February 2010

It wasn't a good start as our room was not ready until 5.30pm and the front desk agents forgot to call us to let us know!
Saying that, the suite was fabulous. Great strip views, cutting edge design, swanky furniture, 2 balconies, fabulous bedroom with egg bath situated in front of the window, a fireplace and a cool bar.
But on closer inspection a thick layer of dust covered the furniture. Also the minibar had not been restocked, the kitchen sink smelt really awful, and the carpets were really stained and dirty.

Ii requested that the room be cleaned by housekeeping, unfortunately the next day they did not even sweep. There were crisps on the floor from a previous guest, still a thick layer of dust on the lamps, and the bed linens for the sofabed, were not even folded neatly but were left in a heap on a chair. This continued for the entire stay. They didnt refill the toilet paper and when asked it took them 4 hours to deliver. It also took 2 days and 4 phonecalls to get a working hairdryer, when i asked why it didn't arrive they said there was only 1 person working.

2 of us had a spa day booked, the massages were absolutely fabulous, however the relaxation area was really poor. It was dirty, there were cigarette burns in the outdoor seating area, and there was no fresh juice or iced water, a real contrast to the other spas that i have visited in Vegas. The co-ed steam room was mouldy and the smell was awful. We retreated to the womens area, where the steam area also smelt mouldy, it really needed some eucalyptus oil. Both Palms Hotel & Palm Place pools were closed.

But the worse was really to come...
On the day that we were due to leave i put the do not disturb sign on as we only got in at 6am. However i was woken by a maid in my room at 8.40am. Why the maid decided to arrive on the day we were leaving when she hadn't bothered all week i do not know, but i told her that we had a 11am checkout and that she should come back.
I then tried to get back to sleep, but at 10am i was again awoken by the doorbell ringing, i opened the door to the maid who asked what time i was leaving. I told her again i have 11m checkout, she just turned and left.
I called the front desk to ask what the Do Not Disturb sign meant ? they said that they were not allowed to use the bell , so i asked why housekeeping had let themselves into my room and why they had disturbed me. They had no excuse, and were quite rude.

This are nicely designed apartments, but they just lack the professionalism and poor quality of cleanliness that you get from the other Vegas hotels. On this trip i also stayed at The Hotel at Mandalay Bay, Encore at the Wynn and Platinum, and Palms place was by far the worst hotel I stayed in....

1 Thank 666sue
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 24 February 2010

Palms Place is part of the Palms complex and offers really awesome, large rooms with a nice metallic kitchen that I'm sure no one ever uses. The bathroom's are really nice with plenty of space and also a large bathtub and a separate shower area next to it. The wall separating the living room from the bathroom is not made of concrete, but sort of plastic, so while you only see shapes behind it, if you turn on the lights in the bathroom, it lights up the living room pretty well, which was a bit annoying to the person sleeping in the dark living room while the other one was taking the shower.

I really like the metallic finish of the kitchen and the dark wooden floors instead of the usual thick carpets US hotels have, nice darkwood floor is so much better.

The bed and the sofa are very comfortable. The sofa could be turned into a large bed which was comfier than most regular beds in Best Wester and other average hotels. The balcony is large and ours had great view towards the strip. There's a ridiculous two HD tv's in the room and plenty of table space for your stuff and enough closet space too. The kitchen table is surrounded with a few really nice chairs and this was great are to use your laptop and get some work done.

So, the room was great, but the fact that you get charged 30$ a day for gym and shower use at the spa was ridiculous for a hotel of this standard. Also, wifi costs 15$ day, but 21$ for a month, so...obvious choice there.

The lobby bar at the Palms Place is actually quite comfy and nice as were the bartenders. Now the hotel does have a certain crowd, people really seemed to be concentrating in showing themselves off, so it isn't the most relaxed place around especially at the Palms various clubs where most people concentrated looking good rather than having fun.

The strip is only a 10$ cab ride away and there's a Starbucks and some stores across the Palms Place, so location-wise, the hotel is good.

1 Thank RiotPelaaja
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 15 February 2010

While the hotel was not directly on the strip, it was such a bargain. For the same cost on the strip, you'd be staying at the Excalibur. Check in was very smooth. The front desk offered up information on how to get to the Palms. From the Palms proper (and not Palms Place), there is a shuttle that will take you back to the strip for free. On the way back, you can catch the shuttle at the Paris, Bally's, or Caesar's.

Our room was nice. We stayed in a studio suite. It had a large kitchenette type area. The bathroom was awesome. Large hot tub, great shower, TV in the bathroom. The beds were large and extremely comfortable. There was a nice large balcony with a great view of the strip.

1 Thank ClumsyIsis