“Luxury for Less”

Palms Place Hotel and Spa
Ranked #85 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 20 May 2010

My husband & I went to the Palms Place for a quick mid week getaway and were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The highlights of this hotel are: rooms are all modern suites with kitchenettes, spa is tranquil and all treatments were better than 5 star resorts, staff friendly and extremely helpful, off the strip so quieter but close enough to walk or drive and movie theater and fun clubs right next door at the Palms which is connected by a sky tube. The only con to this hotel is the restaurant Simon is very expensive for mediocre food so definately leave the hotel for better restaurants on the strip. Also pool is small but midweek it was quiet. Great for couples, singles and business travelers not for families.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 May 2010

Arrived for a scheduled late check-in at just before midnight. Walked into lobby and saw about 10 people sitting in lobby with their luggage waiting for their room, not a good sign. Some people had been there as long as 3 hrs. I was told my room was "not cleaned yet". It was obvious they oversold the hotel. I sat in lobby until 2am at which point they put me in a room and then told me that I had to checkout of that room in the morning and transfer my stuff to another room. They stated they would take $50 off my final charge, which they did not do until I reminded them of it. This place is run by idiots, I have never had an experience like that before. I would not recommend this hotel

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
7  Thank davesmith2
Reviewed 27 April 2010

Booked a Studio Suite with a great view of the strip. The Spa was excellent. The pool at Palms Place is smaller and quieter than the main pool at the Palms which provides a nice break from the non-stop party atmosphere on the weekend. Short cab ride to the strip - close enough to get there but far enough away to relax when needed.

Would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank njfamilyvacation
Reviewed 25 April 2010

The rooms are fancy, modern and very comfortable, luxury bathroom and spacious (I think it could fit 3-4 friends).

Pools were great, food was ok. We ate away from the hotel most of the time due to lack of choices in the hotel.

I would have given it 5 stars if the nightlife was better. The clubs closed at like 2am and the hotel seemed a little dead during the day/night (compared to what you see of Vegas on tv). We're from NYC so we were a little disappointed in the party scene. C'mon it's Vegas!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2010

Upon entering hotel, we experienced a friendly and courteous valet man. We then proceeded to check in which was also a good experience. However, that's where it stops. The room has some really nice ammenities and the modern decor is something to die for but if cleanliness is not one of your priorities, then you would not have a problem enjoying your stay at this hotel otherwise you're going to have a problem. The rooms are not thoroughly cleaned. There was dust and food stains on our coffee table. It look like the carpet hadn't been vacuumed and the hardwood floors hadn't been swept (swifter is always a good thing), and the slob or whatever it was on the throw pillows (yuck) made it impossible to enjoy the beauty of the room. Now I may sound like a person with a phobia for cleanliness but really I tried to overlook these things but with all that the things that happen in hotel rooms, one would think that at least they could have vacuumed. I think maybe it's because these rooms are individually owned and that may be the reason why they don't stay on top of the housekeeping. I will not be staying her again but rather at the Signature at MGM or the Hotel at Mandalay Bay. I would rather do without the kitchen or jacuzzi being that GOD knows when they were last cleaned.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2010

The room is decorated very nicely. There is even a beautifuly white tub in the master bedroom Very pretty place with great views.

This location was picked for the full kitchen and fridge. We were having guest in our room on a regualr and needed the beer and wine to be cold. The only people that seemed to know we were alive we the doormman and the valet person. The other hotel staff was not the least be concerned with me or my request. If they could not provide something, it was just too darn bad, they did not apologize or try to make amends.

I am a person that cares about the cleanliness of my environment and upon closer inspection I should not have stayed at this place. The lamp shade in the bedroom had dust on the inside that had to have been there for at least 6 months, and there were cobwebs all over. We had peanuts and so the skins were on the wood floor when we left the room and were there when we returned, so it was clear that the maid only changed the towels and made the bed. No sweeping or dusting after the first night of our stay.

It is really a shame because the place is really nice and special if only cleaner and staffed with people that care and are trained in Excellent Customer Service.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2010

I stayed in the 2BR suite with a strip view. First let me say that not all rooms have a strip view, so I highly recommend to request this type of room, otherwise, you're facing the mountains. I traveled with a group of 6 guys for a bachelor party and this was the perfect setup. We have a kitchen, fridge and 2.5 baths. We stopped at the local supermarket on the way in to pick up food and liquor which worked out nicely given the room had everything we needed to cook which saved us $$$. The casino is on average a 5-10 minute walk which isn't too bad. If you're looking to have a night out at the Palms, it is recommended to speak with concierge so they can connect you with a host. We were able to get 6 guys into Moon nightclub with free entry, no wait line and our own table and bottle for $570 tax, tip incl. The bathrooms at this hotel were amazing, the best I've seen in Vegas. In summary, if you're looking for a young, hip place with contemporary feel and great value, Palms Place is the way to go. It is off the strip which some may view as a disadvantage, but in all honestly, its only a $10 taxi ride.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business