“What a surprise!”

Neighbourhood: Paradise
Las Vegas, Nevada
“What a surprise!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to Veggie Delight. I had seen a piece in the local newspaper, but had never visited. I took an old friend who's visiting from out of town to try this restaurant. Upon entry, I was singularly unimpressed. The restaurant is surprisingly small, i.e., will seat no more than 16 people. Patrons have a choice for each dish of preparation that is either vegetarian or vegan. We placed our order.

When the food arrived, it was hot and delicious. Some of the best Chinese food I have ever had. Given my initial impression, I was quite surprised! This restaurant is a jewel and I expect to come back here many times in the future.

Columbia, SC
“Unique and very good spring rolls”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Looking for a "different" place to eat while in Vegas, I drove to the Chinatown area and found this restaurant. There is a large shopping center right across the side street and it is packed with oriental restaurants and shops. Nothing really caught my eye until I saw this place and gave it a try. I just needed a snack so I ordered their spring rolls to go. These were different from any I had ever had -- the filling was cold and the wraps were almost clear. Despite the differences, they were absolutely delicious and I will return to this little restaurant whenever I am in Vegas! Try it, you'll like it.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank mfweave
Frisco, Texas
“Great for Vegans”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Veggie Delight is your typical, small (16 seats) strip center Chinese restaurant. The food and service are fine, but what sets it apart is their extensive availability of vegan options.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank SidMonge
Berlin, Germany
“The food is better than the atmosphere. Cool for vegans”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This restaurant is in the middle of Las Vegas' Chinatown. If you expect a full-blown, formal restaurant, you will be surprised here. The place has an aura of fast food. The food is better than that.

The menu is huge. Almost all of the dishes are available in vegetarian and in vegan varieties. The vegan options are on average $1 more expensive (I don't get why that is the case, but it is so and is clearly marked as such on the menu).

The ladies running the restaurant are very nice and the food, at the end of the day, was good (not great, but good).

I had the sweet and sour soup. It was prepared too quickly to have been freshly made. It tasted as though it had come out of mass production/ a can. The vegan spring rolls were fairly greasy, but tasty. The vegan "beef" noodles were more quantity than quality, and I got the impression that the restaurant was trying to save money by not putting in too much vegan "meat". The dish was, nevertheless, tasty.

I did have a desert, but it was not memorable.

Would I go back to this place the next time I go to Las Vegas? Yes, definitely. If you happen to be in that part of town, it is definitely worth stopping by. They also do take out, by the way. I would not go out of my way to eat there, since the dining experience is not THAT exceptional.

The food is inexpensive.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Cherence
Australia
“What a gem!”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

What a gem! One of the food highlights of my trip to Vegas. Who cares about chairs and tables - the food is what counts and it was fabulous. The place was full to the brim with people waiting too. Fantastically good prices. My vegetarian son was in heaven and my sister and I were too, despite not being vegetarian!

Visited December 2013