“Great little Filipino restaurant!”
Review of Salo Salo Grill - CLOSED

Salo Salo Grill
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Met friends here at the recommendation of our local Las Vegas amigos. We were not disappointed. The servings are plentiful and the dishes represented well the rich flavor of traditional Filipino cooking. It's hard to categorize Filipino cuisine. It's not like anything else. Suffice it to say that it is my favorite ethnic food. Salo Salo Grill is a faithful representation of my all-time favorite food.

2  Thank Jim T

Reviewed 30 May 2012

This place was able to seat several party sizes. It was nice to have a table for 5. We took advantage of the Salo Salo platters to feed everyone. To start we ordered the lumpia sampler, seafood bami, and bagoong fried rice. Lumpia was good, but I still think my mother's lumpia is the best. The bagoong fried rice satisfied both newbie and veteran filipino eaters. Then the Crispy Meat Platter came to the table which had pata, lechon kawali, fried chicken and lechon ribs. I really wanted to get the Mixed Platter, which had kabobs, but that would have too much. We took two to go boxes from just one platter. The service was slow at first and our server didn't seem to care to talk about their menu. Once they figured out I was part filipino the service perked up.

1  Thank mel211
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Most Filipino eateries in the area are fastfood, which is why I think this restaurant is a welcome change. The place is divided into several sections, the front area which is good for small group of 4-5, and the inner section with long tables for receptions and parties. The place is clean, with big wooden furniture and native accents everywhere. The decor... ceiling fan with blades shaped like a hand-fans, the paintings, wall mirrors, bamboo trees, the Nipa hut outside the restaurant, not to mention the soft music playing in the background, truly give this place a nostalgic touch

The ala carte menu offers the classic Filipino dishes including grilled meats or seafood platters ("Inihaw"). They also have an All-Day Breakfast menu, combo plates, desserts, and the traditional Filipino beverages (Melon, Mango, Calamansi, Gulaman juice). They're pricier than your usual Filipino fastfood, but I think a sit-down dining place should be.

For starters, we had the Lumpia Sampler, consisting of about 8 different meat and veggies lumpias. We also ordered the Pansit Palabok, which was not very impressive; Beef steak on a sizzling plate which was alright; the Rellenong Bangus (stuffed milkfish) which was very delicious! But, my family's favorites are the Lechon Kawali and Bagoong fried rice.

The second time we visited, my brother had the Fried Seafood Plate (deep-fried fish, shrimp, fishballs with scoop of rice), very good; Pansit Guisado which was very tasty; Sisig and the Beef Afritada. Both dishes were just right...nothing to rave about.

If you want a taste of decent Filipino food and experience Flipino hospitality, this is pretty close to the real deal!

1  Thank Cynthialofa
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Coming from Iowa, my opportunities to enjoy Filipino food are very limited. I went to the Salo Salo Grill on recommendation from a Las Vegas Filipino and I was happily surprised. The service was fast. The food was truly like my mother use to make for our family. Excellent selection of delicacies well prepared. Ambience however was pretty vanilla. Go for the food and you will be well satisfied.