“Nice hotel but not up to all the hype”

Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #1 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Atlanta Georgia
“Nice hotel but not up to all the hype”
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I’ll preface this review with the qualifier that prior to this stay we were at The Ahwahnee, a truly first class hotel. Everything else pales to the Ahwahnee.

The Four Seasons is a fine hotel. It is a quiet oasis in the chaotic Las Vegas scene. Service is good. The staff do not just point you in a direction, they come out to show you. The room was comfortable and quiet. We had an airport view and did hear some plane noise but only with certain planes and it was not constant. The bed was good; bedding soft. The heavy down comforter was a bit much for Las Vegas tho. The bathroom is large with both show and big tub. We were surprised to find lipstick and empty sugar packets on the dresser but really the previous guests should know how to use a garbage can. It’s easily overlooked by housekeeping and otherwise the room was spotless.
Much has been written about the pool but I can’t say it was all that great. We were sandwiched in like sardines the one day (the Mandalay pools were closed for a concert). They do come around, allegedly once an hour, with “amenities”. That would be one carefully rationed frozen mini Snickers bar per person. Never saw frozen fruit but my imagination says it would be one grape per person only please. An entire afternoon at the pool saw only one pass thru of the Snickers and one cold cloth. The pool opens at 9 and closes at 5, which was a let down. The pool attendants do make up a lounge chair for you with towels and provide a pitcher of fresh ice water.
If you get a good price on the room, this hotel is definitely worth it. We unfortunately believed the hype and left another first class property early, and paid top dollar for one night – something we in the end didn’t think was worth the extra night and cost.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (831)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 2 November 2011

The Four Seasons Hotel of Las Vegas was one of the most enjoyable accomodations that we have experienced. From the time we checked in until we departed the staff members were extremely helpful, pleasant and willing to accomodate our needs. We have visited Vegas many times over the years and we can honestly say that The Four Seasons is at the very top of the list.

Room Tip: If you want a more quiet atmosphere this is the hotel of choice.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Bozeman, Montana, USA
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I honestly can say enough great things about the Las Vegas Four Seasons. My wife and look forward to booking our next trip and, without a doubt, we'll be back at the Four Seasons. The pool and staff made a perfect trip even better.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chuck W
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I have not been so happy to stay with Four seasons as we were in Las Vegas. It is like you are in a different city. All of those wonderful things you look for in a FS and none of the "bells and whistles" (real ones). Of course more than enough of the great service that FS is so well known for.

Room Tip: I do not know if there are bad ones
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We checked in after a week-long conference at a nearby hotel - this was a planned treat and we were not disappointed. Upon check-in we were offered an upgrade to a one bedroom suite which we accepted and were soon in our 39th floor residence.

During the previous week we had discovered the bar at the Verandah and dined there while watching the World Series. Certainly not a sports bar atmosphere, but rather a quiet small area with great service and food. Over the course of our three meals here we had both snacks and entrees - all were superb and the prices rival those of any other restaurant, even at the neighboring Mandalay Bay and THEhotel.

The pool area was very private and totally removed from the Mandalay Bay beach area. Again, a welcome distinction.

One could access the casino directly via a stop on the all-express elevators (the Four Seasons rooms are on the 35-39 floor of the Mandalay Bay) and there is a key-entry private area to the elevators on the casino level. We had the convenience, if we wanted it, but were were more than happy to escape to the hotel. Great stay and will be back next October. This location compared favorably to the others Four Seasons locations we have visited.

Room Tip: Request a room looking up the Strip - great views.
Maplewood, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I spent 3 wonderful nights at the Four Seasons Las Vegas in October 2011, and would certainly visit again for my next business trip.

The hotel is located on the top 5 floors of the Mandalay Bay resort, with separate entrances, elevators, and restaurants from that property. While the hotel itself is quiet and serene, you're only steps away from the casino and other amenities at Mandalay. As usual, the Four Seasons staff was exemplary and my room (which actually was upgraded to a massive suite) was lovely.

My only complaint is the hotel's location on the strip - while my event was being held at the Four Seasons itself, if you're meeting (or gambling desires) take you elsewhere in Vegas the hotel's location can be a bit prohibitive (as it's at the very end of the strip near the airport).

I look forward to returning!

Tideswell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I always dread heading to Las Vegas - it's by far my least favourite US city, but I tend to get dragged there each year as part of some convention or other

Last week I was one of the presenters at IBMs Information on Demand conference and elected to stay at the Four Seasons for a change

What a great decision that was

For people (like me) who are not in Las Vegas by choice, it provides a haven from all the noise and bustle of a regular casino hotel. Closing the "magic door" between the Mandalay Bay and the Four Seasons elevator lobby was bliss. As the noise faded away, you could feel yourself relaxing

Without exception the staff were attentive and friendly - especially the servers in the Verandah Restaurant who started to feel like "old friends" (we had MANY meetings in the Verandah!)

So why am I only giving 2 stars?

Well, for personal reasons I needed to keep in touch with the folks back home in the UK, and made a 20 minute (or so) phone call each morning for the 5 days I was there

For this, the Four Seasons charged me OVER SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS

Even assuming I made a 20 minute call every day (and I am sure some were shorter than this) that is over $7 a MINUTE! Only calling the UK remember, not the moon!

In retrospect I wish I'd made a fuss when I was checking out, but it was very early and I was n a rush to get to the airport

In Europe, hotels must list the RATES they charge for telephone calls - all I saw in my room as a comment that the hotel added a "55% uplift" to their phone charges

Of course, I have written a note of complaint to them, and if get a satisfactory resolution I'll be more than happy to revise my review - but for now, I definitely feel that I have been taken advantage of, which is not a nice feeling

It also means I won't be considering a Four Seasons for ANY of my hotel needs

Pity

It was such an amazing stay up until this discovery

Phil G

1 Thank philguk
FSLasVegas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 2 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to speak with our Director of Rooms regarding your recent experience at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas. We understand the situation with your phone calls was resolved to your satisfaction. We are very pleased that we were able to make this situation right and we look forward to your return visit.