Hubby and I are celebrating a milestone with the birth of a baby who is due very soon. We wanted to get away and have some downtime before our precious bundle arrives. Needless to say, I was slightly disappointed that this occasion was not acknowledged by the hotel even though I did include this information in the special request section along with a quiet room not facing the airport, for which we did not receive. However, when we arrived we had no idea it was the weekend for the American Country Music Awards, so I'll assume the rooms on the Strip side were booked. With that being said, I can hardly find fault with the Four Seasons.
I have stayed at the Manadarin Oriental back in October of 2011 and it was very nice but I wanted to try the FS because I heard how great the staff is which is somewhat lacking at the Mandarin: while nice, the staff is not as polished as the staff at the FS. But, the Mandarin (hands down) has better rooms. In fact, having stayed at the Wynn more times than I can count, the rooms at the FS are just average and require some updating given they are the priciest of all the hotels in this caliber, although the rooms are spotless, the gold fixtures in the bathroom scream old Vegas/European elegance, and love the L'Occitane bathroom products.
And the bed is probably the most comfy hotel bed I've ever slept in.
The glue that makes the FS a standout more than any other hotel on the Strip is customer service. Everyone was so nice, they remember your name, and make their guest feel personally attended to. The house car is another perk given cabs rides can get very expensive. It is first come first serve but we used it twice and there is no cab in Vegas that is as comforting as a new Mercedes Benz S Class to whip you around town. And the service at the pool was more attentive than the Mandarin but the pool was pretty cold - on hot blistering days I'm sure it heats up but when it's mid to high 70s outside, they pool should be heated to a comfortable level.
Overall, there are plus and minuses to both the Mandarin and the FS. The Mandarin received an excellent rating because it is a fabulous hotel, and again, the rooms are amazing. The FS, I gave a rating of 'Very Good' because of our milestone not being acknowledged and the rooms are in need of an update given how spectacular the rooms are at the newer hotels, this can't be overlooked. However, the service is what makes this place special and why I'd return here again, especially with the munchkin, as it is kid friendly but not in a Disney, obnoxious sort of way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known as a respite from the bustling Las Vegas Strip, the Forbes Five Star Spa is located inside the non-gaming, non-smoking Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas on the Hotel's lobby level with complimentary valet parking just steps away. Designed to offer a tranquil, fully customizable spa experience, this intimate space features 12 treatment rooms, including two oversized couples' suites and an expanded co-ed Zen Lounge. Guests can indulge in an array of personalized treatments and services, featuring the industry's leading eco-friendly product lines such as Naturopathica, Phytomer, Pure Fiji and Ajne. The Spa's design was inspired by the natural beauty of the desert. Throughout the space, warm colors, natural materials and artwork inspired by nature exude a soothing feel. A reception area features a striking reception desk highlighted by an oversized art piece made of walnut hardwood. In the sleek Zen Lounge, sheer curtains create a serene feel, while treatment rooms in metallic hues are finished with materials such as bronze, granite and cork. Other areas feature eucalyptus cabinetry and maple tables. Warm, private spaces allow guests to relax before and after a treatment and make The Spa ideal for enjoying alone, with a significant other or with a group for bridal parties or girlfriend getaways. Gentlemen's facials and body treatments are also available. An expanded retail selection allows guests to continue their Spa journey at home. It features products used in all services, gifts and Four Seasons logo items as well as seasonal, fashion-forward athletic wear. The Spa includes a separate Nail Bar and a recently enhanced Fitness Center, which features state-of-the-art equipment by Matrix Fitness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel Las Vegas
- Four Seasons Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas