“Best Vegas Weekend... Thanks to the Four Seasons!”

Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #1 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Clean, big rooms for a good value. Staff and Service is amazing, and will make sure your stay is comfortable..

And do not be concerned that this isn't a "Casino Hotel" like the others... because when you hit the "C" on the Elevator, it takes you right to Mandalay Bay casinos.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet... but there is a huge different from Strip View and Valley View. Valley is ok...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank brivvy
Write a ReviewReviews (4,306)

Reviewed 4 April 2012

This review is specific to my room type, which was a Four Seasons Deluxe Suite on the 36th floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel, which is where the Four Seasons Hotel is located. Please understand, when you pay over $300 per night on two of the three nights and over $500 for one of the nights, you have certain expectations which should not just accompany the price point, but certainly the reputation of Four Seasons.

Upon entering the drive, it is certainly very beautiful with a plethora of foliage and shrubbery which welcomes you to the covered entrance way. I was expecting to be greeted by a doorman and then subsequently escorted to the front desk. The doorman never saw my airport taxi arrive and I retrieved my own luggage and walked into the lobby of the property and found my way to the front desk. Upon entering you will notice a very nice looking lobby which is primarily marble and a few smaller seating areas with nice furnishings. The check-in process was very nice and was professionally handled by an Asian young man who was quite friendly and expedient. He asked if I would like a water and I said sure. Anticipating some sort of beverage station in the lobby, he handed me a warm small plastic bottle of crystal water across the desk. Odd. At this point a gentleman came to retrieve my luggage and I was directed to the guest room elevators, which likely are the furthest distanced elevators from any front desk of any hotel I have traveled to throughout the world. The walk to the elevators is ridiculous, but then again, in Las Vegas nothing is close.

Upon entering the hallway to my room on the 36th floor, coming the opposite direction was the bellman with my luggage. I entered the room and walked into a marble foyer and living room and off to the left in another room was the King bedded bedroom. The living room had a flat screen, couch, chair, desk with two accompanying side chairs. The bedroom had a king bed, flat screen and two lounge chairs.

Here are issues with the room. The bathroom is off the entry foyer, as are the only closets in the room. There is not a bathroom off of the bedroom, nor are there any closets in the bedroom. Further, other things not in the bedroom.....a mirror, electrical outlets near bed, a garbage can and at the turn down service, nothing is placed on the bed and/or pillow of any sort for any type of sweet, memo, card, nada. In the bathroom, the terry was purely average and not of the standard one expects in such an establishment. The Bulgari amentities within the bath area were very nice, however. Also, there is no exhaust fan in the bathroom.

The internet at the hotel is $28.00 per day, the highest price I have ever paid to date.

Overall, one must think why they would pay about $200 per night more to stay at the Four Seasons than the rooms below within the Mandalay Bay Hotel, or its adjoining all suites property THE Hotel. If I had to do it over again, the decision is easy. No way do I stay at the Las Vegas Four Seasons again as it simply does not live up to the expectation and price point value and quality. Not even a phone call to check if all is ok with your stay, not a welcome letter in the room from the GM, it just was absolutely a normal hotel with nothing I could say which represents anything I expected.

As a matter of note, I travel extensively throughout the World and have stayed at some very nice locations. The Four Seasons Las Vegas is not bad, do not misunderstand. It simply does not meet any normal expectations and the management should be ashamed of the same. As there were a few others within my travel group staying at the same property, our disappointment was unanimous.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank LiscomeBay
FSLasVegas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas. Guest satisfaction is our utmost priority, so we very much value your feedback. We are glad to hear your check-in process was easy and efficient and have noted your comments regarding the beverage you were offered. We also appreciate your insight regarding your room and the absence of several conveniences within the bedroom of your suite. We understand that you have high expectations when visiting a hotel of our caliber and we are sorry those expectations were not met. As we indicated in our direct message to you, our Director of Rooms, Diego Angarita, would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns further. He looks forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

We are not gamblers, and so our trip to Las Vegas was for other reasons. I wanted to avoid the craziness of Vegas in our hotel, and the Four Seasons was the perfect choice. It has a quiet elegant atmosphere with exceptional service - in the true Four Seasons style. While the swimming pool area is not large, it is beautifully appointed. I loved having breakfast served to us on wooden trays that sat on our chaise lounges. The location is unusual being on the top of the same building as the Mandalay. It is at one end of the strip, close to the airport, which means a fair bit of walking or cabs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view towards the strip for the evening lights.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tkath
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Great staff and experience - was scheduled to stay in a one-bed room strip view suite for one night and then move into the 180-degree strip-view suite over the weekend as a couple family members were coming into town over the weekend. There were delays upon check in and the front desk staff cordially apologized for the inconvenience and offered to purchase drinks for me while the room was being finalized. Upon the room being ready the staff indicated they would upgrade me to the 180-degree strip view suite for the night so as to not have to check out the next day and then check back in as two different rooms were being used over the course of the stay.

Each time we stay at the resort we enjoy speaking with the people at the front desk and/or reception. They keep a log of preferences, etc so when we come back, which we do a couple times a year, they have a history and anticipate our needs. There is no doubt you pay more; however, the service is worthwhile as well as how quiet the resort is away from the noise of other other hotels.

The option exists to stay at other high-end casinos; however, when going to Vegas we truly enjoy staying at the Four Seasons.

Room Tip: While the strip view rooms and suites are more expensive, they are worth the view at any time of the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank JDSoui
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Our family of 5 (3 children, 16,14,7) booked a suite for 4 days. The room and 2 baths were so average that we were just plain disappointed. While we enjoyed the pool, we still didn't feel the same service and attention to detail that we are used to (have visited FS New York, Punta Mita, Hualalai, Maui, Philadelphia, Sydney). The restaurant, Charlie Palmer Steak was fabulous! The location of the hotel at the south end of the strip made going for a walk down the strip exhausting. Also, while we were looking forward to the reciprocal use of the pools at Mandalay Bay, that place was crazy- only my 7-yr old loved it.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank BolderAgent
Reviewed 3 April 2012

After checking out of the Cosmopolitan due to terrible service and noise, moving to the Four Season was better than I ever thought!!! Loved the service and how peacuful and quiet it was!!!! Would recomend to anyone in a heart beat!! Stay out of the Cosmopolitan!!! Bad managers!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian-Suzane G
Reviewed 3 April 2012

As everybody says in their review, and as their publicity materials also state, this is an oasis of calm in Las Vegas. If I hadn't walked through other Vegas properties and breathed in that distinctive perfume of stale smoke mixed with air freshener, I would think this hotel was just okay. But not having a loud and smoky casino to contend with definitely made this the best option for me.

Other positives:
- really comfortable bed with soft mattress topper
- nice toiletries
- fluffy robe and slippers
- they leave a welcome plate of gourmet chocolates in your room your first night
- really nice fitness room
- Super-fast check-in. My colleagues who were staying in the Mandalay Bay waited in line for an hour.
- good wi-fi service in the room
- Keurig in the room with free coffee & tea service. My colleagues said they had to pay $4 for their coffee in their rooms.
- I was at a conference at the Mandalay Bay convention center, and you can walk outside from the pool area past the Mandalay Bay pool area to the convention center and avoid the casino. Unfortunately, I didn't figure this out until the next to last day.

Negatives:
- Pretty stingy about replacing those really nice toiletries. I found that my hands got super-dry when I was there so I took the lotion with me during the day and was figuring I'd find a replacement when I got back to my room that night. I had to specifically request another one.
- I had read reviews that talked about how they come and give you cold fruit slices in the pool area and spritz you with Evian water. Except for the last time I went to the pool where they brought me ice water, the other times I was there I was completely ignored.

So in summary, it wasn't the "treat you like a king" service I was expecting based on the Four Seasons name, but it was definitely a relaxing experience, and there's no other place I'd want to stay in Vegas.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business