II stayed at the Four Seasons with my parents and sister at the culmination of a road trip of the west coast of the USA. Although there are some negative comments below, which disappointed us, I would definitely recommend staying here.
Overall, the hotel is a luxurious oasis from the frenzied pace of Las Vegas. The hotel is located on the top floors of the Mandalay Bay (except for the pool and communal areas, which are at ground floor level) and is currently undergoing refurbishment works. The improved rooms promise to be fabulous, although nowhere in the hotel looks scruffy or tired as it is.
A special mention should be made of the poolside area and service. Guests can use their hotel cards to enter the Mandalay Bay pool area (which is huge) but the Four Seasons is just so tranquil that we were happy to stay there.
1. Prior to arriving at the hotel, I had pre-paid to upgrade our rooms to strip view rooms as a surprise. I had a confirmatory email from the reservations department with me, confirming that both rooms would have a strip view and would be located next to each other. When we checked in, I made this clear to the reception attendant. He said that the rooms on his system were in fact opposite and only one of the two rooms had been upgraded to a strip view room, but he would amend both rooms after seeing the email. Despite this, when we arrived at my parents' room (my sister's and my room was not ready as we had arrived earlier than anticipated in the day) it was not a strip view.
I telephoned reception and the same member of staff said he thought only one room was to be strip view, despite the lengthy conversation we had just had at the reception desk a few minutes earlier. This gave me the impression that he was not particularly interested in what I had said. It took an hour to reallocate the room, with various mixed messages from staff in the meantime, and this took the edge of the surprise I had arranged. The new room was down the corridor.
2. The poolside restaurant is lovely but the breakfast staff got our order wrong every day on our stay and we were overcharged every day. As the staff were slow and seemed to be confused by any order not fitting within the pre-set options on the menu, we opted not to dispute this at the time.
3. The hotel bar is scheduled to close at about 10pm and in reality closes much earlier. Although guests can access the Mandalay Bar facilities at all times of day, we had booked to stay in the Four Seasons and for a hotel of this calibre not to have any bar facilities or staff in the evening was, in our view, unacceptable.
I would definitely stay here again. It is much more tranquil than any competitor hotels. I think some service issues do not ironing out, however
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known as a respite from the bustling Las Vegas Strip, the Forbes Five Star Spa is located inside the non-gaming, non-smoking Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas on the Hotel’s lobby level with complimentary valet parking just steps away. Designed to offer a tranquil, fully customizable spa experience, this intimate space features 12 treatment rooms, including two oversized couples’ suites and an expanded co-ed Zen Lounge. Guests can indulge in an array of personalized treatments and services, featuring the industry’s leading eco-friendly product lines such as Naturopathica, Phytomer, Pure Fiji and Ajne. The Spa's design was inspired by the natural beauty of the desert. Throughout the space, warm colors, natural materials and artwork inspired by nature exude a soothing feel. A reception area features a striking reception desk highlighted by an oversized art piece made of walnut hardwood. In the sleek Zen Lounge, sheer curtains create a serene feel, while treatment rooms in metallic hues are finished with materials such as bronze, granite and cork. Other areas feature eucalyptus cabinetry and maple tables. Warm, private spaces allow guests to relax before and after a treatment and make The Spa ideal for enjoying alone, with a significant other or with a group for bridal parties or girlfriend getaways. Gentlemen’s facials and body treatments are also available. An expanded retail selection allows guests to continue their Spa journey at home. It features products used in all services, gifts and Four Seasons logo items as well as seasonal, fashion-forward athletic wear. The Spa includes a separate Nail Bar and a recently enhanced Fitness Center, which features state-of-the-art equipment by Matrix Fitness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, TravelUp, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel Las Vegas
- Four Seasons Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas