“The Best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Helsinki, Finland
“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2008

The Best hotel I ever stayed at. Quiet and nice. Do check out private pool.

• Liked — Bathroom
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank Travelingwithstyle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (805)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2008

Just simply a wonderful experience. A gorgeous hotel with fantastic service. The Veranda was great, especially the weekend buffet. Time at the pool is so relaxing, the pool staff are amazing - nothing is too much trouble. The same is true of every member of staff we encountered. Spotlessly clean. Go here if you want to get spoilt rotten. A trip next door to the Mandalay Bay just highlights how good the Four Seasons is.

• Liked — Attention to detail
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2008

The Four Seasons Las Vegas is actually part of the Mandalay Hotel. It occupies the top floors of the Mandelay but has a seperate entranceway, lobby, pool area, a fantastic health club and spa, recreation area, private parking, posh restaurants and express elevators.
The Four Seasons offers serenity from the ruscus of Las Vegas. If you do feel that urge to join the Vegas madness, all of Mandalay Bay resort's offerings are available to you as well.
Due to the very limited number of guests, there are no lines at check-in/check-out, no waiting in line for elevators, pool side chair availabilty is not an issue, etc.
The rooms are decorated in neutral colours with plush comfortable furniture and a large 40+ inch plasma TV. Bathrooms are large with marble, a separate shower and soaking tub and water closet.
Overall, a fantastic experience!!

• Liked — Comfortable bed
  • Disliked — View of airport
  • Stayed August 2008
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ottawaon
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2008

We were concerned when we found out the Four Seasons had no casino that the stay would be boring. We found the Four Season's service to be above all expectations starting with the greeting at the front door by the Valet. The treatment of their guests was sincere and appropriate. The hotel was quiet, yet all needs were met. Mandalay Bay is immediately next door for shopping, food, and casino wants. The Four Season's pool was wonderful. No splashing children, wonderful pool service from towels to food. The pool workers were friendly and knew our names and treated as long time friends. The Spa was the best I have ever experienced, with considerate workers and top of the line supplies. The on-site restaurant, The Veranda, had excellent breakfasts and dinners. Room service was prompt and maid service was unobserved and wonderfully done. They also provide evening turn down service that was a pleasure to return to.
I would recommend Four Seasons to any traveler and plan on using their franchise again wherever I travel.

• Liked — Service, Spa
  • Disliked — Expensive internet service
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank winetravelDallas
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2008

After reading the reviews leading up to our recent stay at the Four Seasons, my thought was there is no way it will live up to it all. I was wrong. The Four Seasons blew away everyplace else we have stayed in Vegas.

Arrived at 1:00. People talk about the flora scent as you walk in the lobby, wow. We figured if the room was ready great, but realistically planned to leave our bags with the bell desk, go get some lunch and come back in a couple hours. (check-in time is 3:00) They apologized that the room wasn’t ready, took my cell number and off we went. They called right at 3:00 to tell us we were good to go. When we got back they apologized again for the “inconvenience” and went ahead and upgraded our room. Calling this room an upgrade is the understatement of the century. It was more like an apartment. Quite a treat, but completely unnecessary, especially when they were technically not even late. That evening we returned to our room to find a hand written note again apologizing for the inconvenience along with some chocolates. Then again at check out they apologized about our room not being ready when we checked in.

We originally figured we would wander over to the MB pool complex at some point to enjoy the lazy river, wave pool, etc. But after one walkthrough over there we never strayed from the FS pool. Everything that has been said is so true. You are walked to your choice of location, shade, sun. Padded chaise. A pitcher of water with glasses is delivered immediately. There are servers around whenever you need them, but not hovering either. We had breakfast at the pool each morning and stayed until noon. At no point were there chaises unavailable for arriving guests.

The thing that I kept being reminded was how the FS is a contrast to everywhere else on the strip. Never waited more than a minute or two for a cab. Other properties had cab lines that were so insane we just walked. Never waited at check-in, check-out, or at the concierge desk (which was amazing by the way). Other properties we walked through had lines dozens of people deep checking in or out at all hours of the day. The FS is quiet and peaceful and the other properties were a zoo.

All that said, you literally can be in the MB casino complex as quickly as you can walk to the front desk of FS. There is an abundance of dining and gaming options. Same with the pool, if the FS pool is too tame, you walk through a gate and are at the 11 acre MB pools.

The only critique of the property is its location at the very south end of the strip. We had show tickets at Palazzo and wanted to shop at the Forum shops, but a few cab rides took care of that. In no way would that deter us from staying there again. In fact, I can’t imagine staying anywhere else after staying at the Four Seasons.

• Liked — The pool and overall service
  • Disliked — Location, but even that isn't a deal breaker
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ryno98
Newport Coast, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2008

First off, I agree with the good reviews here. If you are looking for a get away in the middle of the craziness that is Las Vegas, you can't do better. I strongly prefer it to the Belagio and the Wynn.

Having said that, a few things reminded me that we're still in Las Vegas, where things aren't always quite as polished as they are at other Four Seasons properties.

None of these things would stop me from visiting again, but hopefully putting them up here will help the hotel to focus on improvements for next time around:

1. Room service screwed up twice. Completely forgot a dish one time and took 30 minutes to bring it up (they did comp the meal). The second time they forgot the ponzu sauce that came with a sushi/sashimi style dish. Sounds minor, but when you're hungry you don't want to wait another 20 minutes for them to bring the sauce.

2. The business center charges $60/hr to use a computer with an internet connection. I didn't have my laptop and had to take care of a few things while there. I understand charging for the service so people don't abuse it, but come on...$60/hr??? The center is run by a third party AV service, but the Four Seasons shouldn't allow them to rake guests over the coals like that.

3. One particular front desk staffer, who will remain nameless, was not all that friendly, and tried to charge us for a half day rate on our last day, even though we'd been given a 4pm checkout when we originally checked in. The staffer should have checked the room notes carefully before telling us pretty coldly that she'd charged us-- when I alerted her, she easily found the notes, but it felt like she would have been happier being able to stick us with the half day.

4. We got upgraded to a "Strip View" room, so I am not complaining, but note that many of the rooms on the even side of the North wing don't really have much of a Strip view. Looking straight out the window we had an airport view. Walking up to the window and craning to the left you could see the MGM...If I'd paid extra to be in that room I would not have been happy. If strip view is important to you, ask what the view is of when they assign the room at the desk.

5. The TV's on the cardio machines in the fitness center were hit and miss. Some had too much static to watch, others had no sound on some channels. I know it's a minor detail, but the Four Seasons is supposed to be about paying attention to minor details, and this is one that should have been easy to see.

6. My in room TV didn't play sound in the PPV movie section (menu or move). Engineering came up quickly to fix it. But they could have prevented it by having houskeeping turn on the TV and listen for sound from the movie menu system before a guest checks in.

On the very positive side, everything from Valet to the food to the pool service was excellent. The pool is a real standout and the manger, Haytham, from the Four Seasons in Cairo, was very kind and helpful.

Everything from the roaming Evian mist to complimentary creamsicles delivered to free sunglass cleaning makes you very glad to be at a place where someone cares that much about making you happy.

The spa was quiet and nice. Didn't use the services, but showers, steam, lockers and fitness center were all very good.

Having said all that, the hotel was a real value for the money. I will stay again without a second thought, but I hope that the Four Seasons management reads this and addresses some of the little issues that are keeping this hotel from being at the top of the top, rather than just outstanding.

• Liked — Pool service was wonderul. Calm, quiet, friendly people, comfortable chairs...just great.
  • Disliked — Room service mistakes.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank incguy
Los Angeles Area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2008

The Four Seasons Las Vegas has ruined me for all Las Vegas trips to come. After staying there, I'll never be able to stay at another hotel and be satisfied again.

Every stellar review is spot on. The hotel is quiet and relaxing and really provides a welcome contrast to the rest of Las Vegas. Even my boyfriend, who could really care less about where we stay when we travel, had to remark that this was a completely different experience.

Check in was quick and easy. No wait and prompt, courteous service.

We staying a moderate room that faced the airport. There were no problems with noise whatsoever, despite seeing helicopters whiz by every few minutes. Layout of the room is typical for any hotel, with floor to ceiling windows. The large flat screen was a nice touch. I made sure to bring along some of my netflix movies for the DVD player. Bathrooms is nicely appointed with a great shower. There was only one sink in the bathroom, but with such a large counter, it didn't create a problem. Robes are nice and fluffy and perfect to lounge around in. I loved the fact that there was a scale (boyfriend was very entertained by my constant updates on weight fluctuations throughout the day). The highlight of the room (and really the stay) was that BED! It is the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in and even beat out the reigning champ (Ritz Carlton Central Park, NY bed). In fact, I inquired and will be purchasing the exact bed ($2500, plus tax and shipping from your local Four Season Resort, custom bed by Sterns & Foster, 8-12 wks for delivery). Firm enough to support but cradles you like a baby.

Pool was also nice. When at Mandalay Bay, we go to Moorea for the lack of kids and right-there service. We didn't even bother this time. They set you up nicely on a great lounge chair, bring ice water pitchers out and cater to any needs. There were kids there, but I noticed the staff subtly ask them to keep it down when they got too rambuctious. LOVE that! Went over to the Beach to check out the wave pool and had to return quickly because after being at the FS, the crowds seem suffocating.

Used the gym twice - again, nice and quiet. Well maintained. Weight room, free weights and cardio machines with individual tv's for each. With the complimentary use of gym, you can use the get a locker and use the spa facitlities. The place was empty and I practically had a parade in there by myself. Steam room is nice and the shower is worth the trip alone.

Food at Verandah was excellent. I've had egg whites a million times, so how is it that they manage to make even those extraordinary? Corn Beef hash, too - really good!

The service is great - polite, but unintrusive. They brought us a dessert the first night, as it was my birthday - which was nice.

Parking was easy - I never waited more than four minutes for my car. And every time they brought out water bottles. I even asked for some when I returned and they were happy to oblige. One gripe: Parking was $19 a night. Normally, I would never balk at this (I live in Southern California, for goodness sakes), but something about paying that in Vegas got me a little. But it's the only additional charge I pay over and above the room/tax. I consider that a wash against the gym/spa fee I would pay at another hotel.

The full excitement of Vegas is only an elevator ride away. To get all of Vegas, but the opportunity for a relaxing, luxurious getaway is an incredible combination.

I'm looking forward to staying there again.

• Liked — Everything - but especially the bed.
  • Disliked — No complaints!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple