“Pretty Good”

Ranked #1 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Buffalo, New York
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We come to this hotel every year from Buffalo, NY. Sometimes we bring our six-year-old and sometimes not-either way we have a good time! Upon reading previous reviews, I would like to comment on the pool. First of all, no one works harder in that hotel than the pool attendants in the blazing heat trying to make everyone happy. However, the pool is really too small for the size of the hotel. We know that we have to be at pool no later than 9 am if you want a chair.....sort of dictates how your day will go. Also, we had a room where you could hear the helicopter flying by all day/night and is was annoying. Luckily, I was to tired to care by night time. My husband was upset about no free coffee in the am, I could care less! Concierge services and food are great. It is so peaceful to walk into this hotel at night after all of the other "crazy" in Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Stay away from side where helicopter flies
1 Thank RNL105
FSPRAssistant, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your compliments to our pool attendants and Concierge teams and will share them with both so they are aware their efforts do not go unnoticed. We are sorry to hear of your disappointment in the size of our pool and the helicopter noise you experienced. We hope this will not deter you from returning and that we'll have future opportunities to welcome you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (831)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed at The Four Seasons from April 23rd - 26th and it was a delight from start to finish.

From the moment we pulled up at the hotel entrance every single member of staff made us feel welcome with a real eagerness to ensure that we were relaxed and taken care of.

The Valet attendants were extremely efficient throughout our stay, and remembered our names every time. Two cold bottles of water were placed in the car on each occasion that the vehicle was brought up for us - what a very effective way to go above and beyond for your guests.

At check-in it had been noted that we were celebrating an anniversary and two members of staff wished us a happy anniversary. The personal touch goes a long way.

The room was very well appointed with a modern TV and sound system. Complimentary tea and coffee was provided, which is something we always feel is missing in so many top hotels. When you wake up it is nice to start the morning with a coffee before hitting the shower.

We stayed in a Strip View King, and the view was awesome. The floor to ceiling windows gave an amazing opportunity to sit back in awe and take in most of the strip. Whether by day or night, it always seemed stunning. The extra money for the strip view is well worth it in our opinion.

When it comes to the internet/social media SO many hotels and businesses get it wrong. Very few are able to embrace it and use it to their advantage. As someone who works in the internet business I am always interested to see how brands utilise social media. Before travelling to Vegas I had been following the hotel on both Twitter and Instagram, and had actually corresponded with them via direct messaged on Twitter to quickly resolve an issue with my booking confirmation. The speed and efficiency in using Twitter to help me out was very impressive.

Once checked in, I had been tweeting and posting pics on Instagram. When we returned to our room on the first night of our stay after a day out, we were greeted with THREE cakes in our room (see photos). One had the Twitter logo on it and 'Thanks for tweeting', one had the Instagram logo and 'Thanks for following' and the other was a 'Happy Anniversary' cake. WOW! This is a company that know how to use the power of social media! What a fantastic treat. Do you think I might have taken pictures and posted them on my social media...? You bet I did! The Anniversary cake was is just a shining example of how a REAL 5 star hotel make their guests feel special. Bravo.

The small exclusive pool area was lovely. Very laid back and relaxed and run by fantastic staff who never stopped servicing their guests. The complimentary jug of iced water was constantly topped up for us throughout the afternoon, and little treats such as frozen Snickers for guests was much appreciated.

We drank at PRESS every night and the service was fantastic. $6 for a lemonade was a little expensive to say the least, but the service provided by Jorge was so great we were happy to pay.

The only complaint I would have is that at 1am you could still hear thumping music coming from the Mandalay Bay through our window on the 37th floor. It wasn't a huge issue but did come as a shock.

The easy access to the Mandalay Bay casino and tram made getting around the strip nice and easy.

This was a truly 5 star experience from start to finish. We plan on visiting Vegas at the same time next year and the only hotels we will consider are the Four Seasons and The Encore - both of whom understand that 5 star service is part of being a 5 star hotel.

We couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Strip view is worth the extra money. East side in particular.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
We sincerely appreciate your detailed review of your recent visit with us and were delighted that you had a wonderful anniversary. Thank you for choosing us to celebrate such a special occasion. We will share your compliments with Jorge, PRESS bartender, as well as our valet and pool teams, so they are aware their efforts do not go unnoticed. We were pleased to you enjoyed our restyled guest rooms, complimentary in-room coffee and tea, convenient access to Mandalay Bay and their tram and our social media interaction before and during your stay. Our goal was to wow you and we are glad we did! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for future celebrations.
Bucks, UK
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Got back from 4 Seasons Mid January after an excellent stay. The hotel rooms are superb - beautifully laid out and to a very high Standard .

At the top end of the strip ( Top 4 floors of the Mandalay Bay Hotel ) this is away from the main noise and action by just a short walk ( or bus )

Excellent facilities all round - attentive staff and a very good standard of accommodation. Would not hesitate to stay here again next visit to Vegas

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
FSPRAssistant, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted to hear that you love our new guest rooms, location, and our attentive employees. Our team takes great pride in providing the highest level of service and seeing our guests enjoy their stay is our goal. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We recently travelled to Las Vegas with our two teens staying at the Mandalay Beach resort. I never liked buffets, so instead we had a intimate and delicious breakfast at The Four Seasons next door. Yes it was expensive, but it was well worth it. You think nothing of throwing a few 20 dollar bills in the slots, think again and have a relaxing meal before you start the day.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and are pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed a wonderful breakfast at our Verandah restaurant. We hope that you will be back for a return visit soon.
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We came to Vegas to see Elton John and Caesars Palace gave us a room for two nights in there newest tower. After 1 night we gave up our free room and moved to the Four Seasons. Caesars has totally gone downhill. The quality of people was a huge disappointment at Caesars, also everything was an up charge, Wait, I am supposed to review Four Seasons, not Caesars. Four Seasons was great, everything was clean, the staff treated you like you were appreciated, the pool was warm(smoke free), coffee in the room was free(unlike Caesars) good quality food. It was worth every dime and the hassle of switching hotels. There were just three changes they made that we did not know about. The kids were not offered anything(like a toy) at the front desk, like they use to do. They now have a resort charge, which I do not remember ever paying at a Four Seasons and they no longer offer complimentary coffee and muffins in the lobby in the morning.

3 Thank Epic3333
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our pool, food quality, complimentary in-room coffee and that our employees made you feel appreciated. We did change our children's welcome amenity from a toy to a cookie at check-in and we apologize if your children did not receive it upon arrival. The resort fee is a recent change and comparable to what is charged in Las Vegas. And while we no longer offer complimentary coffee in the lobby, we do still offer it in our guest rooms, as you mentioned. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have future opportunities to welcome you and your family back.
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is where I will always stay when I come to Las Vegas!! You can have all the "Las Vegas" you want or disappear into "Four Seasons" and escape everything!! I love the private entrance from the casino and I loved the private pool with so many lovely amenities like SPF 30 lotion; frozen blueberries; frozen watermelon lolli-pops; and frozen mini-snickers!! Very thoughtful and refreshing!! It is a totally non-smoking hotel which is a lovely breath of fresh air if you have been in any of the casinos. It is located on the top 5 floors or so of the Mandalay Bay, so you can also have access to their fun "wave pool" and beach!! The housekeeping was unbelievable - left our sunglasses on the counter and came back to them cleaned and on a micro-fiber cloth to keep!! iphones and things had their cords wrapped up and fastened by a tiny velcro fastener - just the details were amazing!! Rooms were tastefully decorated and the shower was the best shower ever!! Full pressure and rain-forest head!! Also had one of the best massages at their spa which was lovely!! There is no need to go anywhere else in my opinion - you have the best quality of the Four Seasons and everything else Vegas has once you leave!! But it is oh-so-nice to come back to this luxurious retreat!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank mummycentric
FSPRAssistant, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our private entrance to the casino, along with access to the amenities, pools and beach there are a wonderful benefit for our guests. We refer to it as the best of both worlds and it sounds like you definitely experienced both! We will share your compliments to our Housekeeping, Spa and Pool teams so they will know their efforts do not go unnoticed. They take great pride in providing the highest level of service and they are our best asset. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Lakewood, CO
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I was traveling with a friend for a long girls weekend and was excited to stay at the Four Seasons Las Vegas, and it did deliver on some of my expectations, but fell woefully short on others. Shortly after arriving I was already planning a follow up trip. What a treat to be away from the crazy smoke-infused madness of Mandalay Bay and similar hotel casinos. Everyone I interacted with at the hotel seemed very service oriented and nice. I also liked having the use of the house car, and was able to take advantage of that for one trip, which was wonderful. Things started to turn sour when my friend and I went to the pool at 10:30am and were informed that the pool was full and we would have to be put on a waitlist and would be called when a spot opened up -- we had seven groups ahead of us. Since we only had this one day to be out by the pool (the previous day was overcast, and we were leaving the next day), we headed over to the music-thumping smoky mass of humanity at the Mandalay Beach and ended up sitting on a concrete curb for an hour and a half. Wow! So glad we could enjoy the private pool at the Four Seasons, NOT. Over two hours later, we were called when a spot opened up for us. Unfortunately, we didn't have endless hours to wait for the Four Seasons to let us into the pool we had already paid for, and we were eating lunch, then had spa treatments, so we missed our opportunity to enjoy the pool. That brings me to the last straw, which is the Four Seasons Spa. Based on the astronomical prices and the location in the Four Seasons, I was expecting a MUCH nicer experience when I went for my spa treatment (a quick 25 minute salt body scrub). The overall environment of the spa iteslf is not very relaxing and luxurious compared to other spas; the staff was nice, but did not seem very interested in making sure I was comfortable or showing me around the facility. After my treatment, I was left in a hallway, not escorted back to the waiting area or to the locker room, just dropped off in the hallway. Later I was told by my friend that she was taken to the "Relaxation Room" where she was given hot tea and some nuts and told to relax after her treatment. She got a longer treatment than me, so maybe you have to meet some threshold before you are allowed access to the "Relaxation Room." I didn't expect them to roll out a red carpet and have a band play, but everyone who comes in for a service deserves the same treatment as anyone else, regardless of how long the service(s) was. I was so disappointed in the spa and in my experience there. The fitness center was nice and offered a good variety of machines and free weights. Overall, the Four Seasons Las Vegas offered a wonderful respite from all of the smoke and craziness of the casinos, but other than that, I was not impressed. There are better choices in Las Vegas.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank tawneydog
FSPRAssistant, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review. We are very sorry to hear you had disappointing experiences at our pool and spa. Seating at our private pool is offered on a first-come first-served basis and we apologize that we weren't able to accommodate you at your preferred time. Your experience in our spa is certainly not representative of the high quality standards we strive to achieve everyday and for that we sincerely apologize. We have shared your comments with our spa management team and hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back soon.