“Amazing hotel with wonderful people”

Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #1 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 8 December 2009

Flew in to Vegas for the marathon. From the moment I pulled into the complex the doormen who greeted me and the lady at the front desk was extremely helpful. I was able to check in early into a lovely moderate room that faced the beautiful mountain range. Some have complained about the noise from the planes taking off/landing from the airport but I found it hardly bothersome. The bathroom had wonderful bath products, and the tub I wanted to just live in especially after running the race. After the second day I had asked if a simple cotton comforter could be placed on the bed instead of the very comfy but extremely hot at night down comforter and it was done by the time I got home from my extreme shopping adventure. The maid service was wonderful and turn down service/newspaper every morning made me never want to come home. This was a perfect location for the marathon and I have already made my boyfriend agree to it next year. The spa massage was worth the long flight alone.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank mcr0132
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas

Reviewed 3 December 2009

It was my first time to Vegas and I expected all the hotels to be loud and crazy, but the second you pull up to the four seasons you are greated by tranquility. On the second day I ventured into the Mandalay Bay which shares the building with the Four Seasons and what a difference, people everywhere, loud, what I expected from Vegas. The room was amazing, peaceful, and a perfect view straight down the strip, but also allowing for a view of planes taking off. Very clean. The only complaint I had was the fact that one of the elevators had a picture of the Four Seasons Bora Bora and it was a complete tease because it reminded me of my trip there a couple years ago.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank kirghizstan
Reviewed 30 November 2009

FS was having quite a few specials for their most basic room so we decided to try something different on this trip to Vegas. Got a rate of about $330 a night including tax. FS is by far my new favorite in Vegas until the Mandarin opens and I check that out. If you are looking for a place that is away from the gambling sounds and crowds, then this is the perfect place. For a basic room, our room was spacious and had quite a large bathroom. Bed was extra comfy and we had a view of the Mandalay pool area. The FS pool area was exceptional. Pool staff walked around giving out fresh fruit, lemonade, and doing sunglass cleaning and evian spritz. Had a great lunch poolside, highly recommend the grilled cheese sandwhich with tomatoe soup. The only odd thing was that the pool did not have a drink menu, the waitress just said, ask me what you want and I'll see if we can make it. It would be nice if they had some special drinks or at least listed some basics in a drink menu. Brunch in the restaurant was not bad at $35 pp, especially if you are hungover from the night before and just want something close by. Spa and gym facilities were excellent as well. There are attendants in the gym handing out towels, water, and gatorade. Hotel guests can use the steam room in the spa even if they are not having spa treatments. Service all around was the usual FS polished treatment that guests are used to no matter what FS they stay at. The only negative I think of is that it is at the end of the strip, attached to mandalay bay so it is kind of a hike to get to the middle of the strip for shows and dinner. This didn't bother us as we wanted to stay a little further away, but it might be an issue for others.

3  Thank HotelSnob2006
Reviewed 30 November 2009

We have just returned from an eight night stay at The Four Seasons. We were celebrating our anniversary. We could not have made a better choice of hotel. We were upgraded to a Premier View Strip Suite in advance which was simply stunning - views, amenities and acres of space. A celebration cake and a selection of fresh fruit were awaiting us in the room on our first night which was thoughful and much appreciated. Thoughfulness seems to sum up this hotel. The staff are there if you need them but never intrusive - you are made to feel safe from the outset. Several times during our stay messages were left on the answer machine from the on-duty manager just checking if everything was going well and if anything was needed.

We ate in Charlie Palmers, the in-house steak restaurant on one night. It was quite expensive - the wine list in particular is eye-wateringly so, and although the food was good the experience was marred to a considerable extent by the noise coming from a nearby table. We had expected a quiet intimate dinner but...Not the hotel's fault but disappointing nonetheless.

Although at the extreme south-end of the Strip there is a free tram which runs between Mandalay Bay and Excalibur. Getting around is easy. We booked to see three shows when we were in town and had no problem travelling about. The monorail is a frequent, fast way to travel to most of the points of interest.

We bought an item which only after buying realised we would not be able to take back as cabin luggage. It was expensive and we were not keen to put it in the aircraft hold. A quick word with the Concierge staff and it was arranged through their in-house business department for the package to be posted home to the UK - do you prefer UPS or FedEx I was asked. Marvellous!

We have stayed in a couple of the rival hotels before this visit - Bellagio and the Venetian to name two but neither come close to The Four Seasons. If you fancy a treat go for it - you won't regret it. I have read reviews here where people have complained about the noise from McCarran Airport. Our room overlooked the airport and the noise didn't bother us at all - in fact is was interesting to sit by the huge floor to ceiling windows with a glass of wine in one hand and just watch the world rolling along.

We'll be back!

3  Thank ledcam
Reviewed 20 November 2009

Spent last weekend at the Four Seasons, and now I will not be able to stay anywhere else. Yes, it's expensive, but we appreciated being removed from the glitz etc. of Vegas, yet being able to enjoy everything Vegas has to offer on our own terms. Strip view is worth the upgrade. We ate at the restaurants in the Mandalay Bay Casino area, and were impressed by Border Grill and Strip Steak. We were happy to leave it all behind at the end of the night, and slip back into the luxury of the Four Seasons.

2  Thank GaryMel
Reviewed 15 November 2009

We stayed three nights at the end of October, and booked through American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts. The package gave us the third night free, plus breakfast either in our room or at the Verandah Restaurant, plus one free dinner at Verandah. Our final per night cost was $109, which is unbelievable for the Four Seasons.

The only reason I gave them 4 rather than 5 stars for value was the internet access charge. It really should be free at that level of hotel.

The rooms are large, the beds are comfy and it really is an oasis of calm (just as they advertise). We actually experienced culture shock when we opened the "secret" door into the bustle that is Mandalay Bay. We forgot we were in Vegas!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jbillin
Reviewed 15 November 2009

Took a "staycation" at this super hotel. Perhaps the $145 rate pre-judges my opinion, which is excellent. The property is offering very low rates to Nevada residents - and you must prove that you live in the state, otherwise you are going in at $200 a night plus. Service, service, service is by far the best in any hotel in Las Vegas. Front Desk staff beyond courteous - they are amazing. Over 33 years living in Vegas I've stayed at many hotels. Four Seasons sits atop the Mandalay Bay, but has it's own entrance, lobby, restuarant, spa and pools. Unless you have a strip view - you'd never know you were in "Sin City." Room is comfortable; bathroom with 'soaking tub' wonderful. Quiet. Elevators go from lobby and bypass every floor until 35 or 36, which is nice. AND, they offer smoking rooms, which I know is very rare in a Four Seasons hotel - perhaps it is still permitted in Las Vegas, except in restuarants. I look forward to my next "staycation" at this great hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends