“Oasis”

Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #1 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 28 December 2009

What a nice peaceful place. It was such a relief walking in and leaving the crowds and noisy slot machines behind. It started with the cordial valet, then the doorman and then the front desk. Everyone was classy and polite and our fur child (toy poodle) was treated with equal respect. We had the option of being in the Vegas chaos or retreating back to our hotel. Wonderful experience.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 December 2009

I recently spent three nights at the Four Seasons Las Vegas with my girlfriend. It is located adjacent to the Mandalay Bay Hotel, with the rooms being located on the top 5 floors of the Mandalay Bay Tower.

The hotel is located at the south end of the strip It is a bit of a walk to many of the hotels such as the Bellagio and Caesars Palace. The hotel does not have a casino which was nice for this trip. If you wish to go to the casino you can take the elevator to the casino level and go into the Mandalay Bay.

This was my first stay at the Four Seasons. The room was sufficient size and clean. We were upgraded to a strip view which was excellent. I had stayed at the Mandalay Bay before and the rooms were pretty much the same. The room has maid service twice a day and at night water bottles are placed on the night stands. The bathroom is roomy and has a great shower and tub. Loccitane products are provided, however I was surprised they were not replenished. By the 3rd day some of the bottles were empty. This was surprising for a Four Seasons. The shower had great water pressure as well.

I would say that the facilities of this hotel are no different than the Mandalay Bay, Bellagio, the HOTEL, Venetian or Caersar's Palace. The big difference is in the service. When you arrive there is a welcoming committee of like 6 people at the door all smiling. The valet was excellent and placed water bottles in the cup holders. The staff was top notch. When you walk by a staff member in the halls the stop, step to the side , smile and continue after you pass.

We booked our room through the AMEX fine hotels program so breakfast was provided. The weekend breakfast buffet is great but pricey at $36. The Verandah restaurant is very good with excellent service.

The hotel has a spa and fitness center. Unfortunately the hot tubs were under renovation during our stay which was a disappointment.

This is a great hotel for a romantic getaway or family vacation. This hotel is not for a guys trip to Las Vegas. Another thing is overnight parking is $19 a night. This is the only hotel that I have been to in Las Vegas that charges for parking. This annoyed me. You can park in the Mandalay Bay for free.

Overall we had an excellent stay and I did like the hotel. I would stay here or the Mandarin Oriental when I come back to Las Vegas with my girlfriend. If I come with the guys I will stay at the HOTEL.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KPMGTraveller
Reviewed 15 December 2009

I have stayed at Four Seasons Las Vegas five times now. The hotel is simply spectacular. Guest rooms are located on the 35th-39th floors of Mandalay Bay's main tower, while reception, the hotels restaurants, and pool and spa are in separate quarters. I have never waited more than 5 minutes to be shown my guest room here. Rooms are well appointed are are tastefully, rather than dramatically decorated. Each room has a coffee maker and private bar. Standard rooms are something like 525 square feet or so, which is neither tiny ot huge by Las Vegas standards. Guest bathrooms are quite large, and include separate soaking tub and shower stall. The hotel's restaurants are very good. I rate Charlie Palmer as the best steakhouse in the city. Verandah is a very nice New American restaurant open for breakfast, weekend bruch, aftermoon tea, and dinner. The high tea is a must. Four Seasons has its own pool which allows guests to avoid the crowds at Mandalay Beach next door. Poolside service, like all service at this hotel, is perfection. Morning newspaper delivery and nightly turndown service are great touches. The property is very relaxing, but guests have immediate access to Mandalay Bay's restaurants, casino, and facilities. All of this luxury comes at a high cost, but I find it worthwhile.

Pros: Great rooms, service, food, and pool
Con: Pool should have either cabanas or some area that would be shady even in the summer

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank Jtorsney
Reviewed 12 December 2009

We stayed at the Four Seasons for 3 nights during our family vacation. The staff were responsive and gracious. The room was quiet, clean, and expectedly luxurious. It did feel "away" from the noise and bustle of casino life. The door from the large Mandalay lobby into the Four Seasons was the clear "dividing line", between loud and quiet. The exclusive Four Seasons pool was great for these reasons: Poolside dining and service was great. Being close to the Mandalay Pools and Lazy River was great. I had a hard time with the pool staff telling us that our children needed to be more quiet while they were in the pool - I would COMPLETELY understand if they were being rambunctious and out of control, but they were not. My children were actually being VERY well-behaved. In fact, the drunk adult patrons the next morning were 5 times louder than my children were at any point, but nobody asked them to be quiet. I resented the double standard. However, when we tried to hang out in the Mandalay Bay section of the pools, we found that we were unable to order any food and have it charged to our room. So we had to go back and forth: Lazy River for play, back to the Four Seasons for food, etc. This was frustrating. BUT the food at the Four Seasons pool was 1000 times better than what was being served at the Mandalay. So I definitely appreciated the good that was there. But I left there with entirely mixed feelings, and unfortunately remained somewhat resentful about how unreasonable they were regarding children at the pool.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank DRLMM
Reviewed 11 December 2009

Everything about our stay was exceptional. The rooms were outstanding and the service was impeccable. Others have correctly described the Four Seasons as an oasis. It was wonderful to return to the calm, uncrowded feeling of the hotel each evening. Derek, the front-desk clerk who checked us in, was simply amazing. Though a bit on the expensive side, the hotel represented an excellent value for the price. We look forward to staying there during our next visit to Las Vegas.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kevin577
Reviewed 8 December 2009

Flew in to Vegas for the marathon. From the moment I pulled into the complex the doormen who greeted me and the lady at the front desk was extremely helpful. I was able to check in early into a lovely moderate room that faced the beautiful mountain range. Some have complained about the noise from the planes taking off/landing from the airport but I found it hardly bothersome. The bathroom had wonderful bath products, and the tub I wanted to just live in especially after running the race. After the second day I had asked if a simple cotton comforter could be placed on the bed instead of the very comfy but extremely hot at night down comforter and it was done by the time I got home from my extreme shopping adventure. The maid service was wonderful and turn down service/newspaper every morning made me never want to come home. This was a perfect location for the marathon and I have already made my boyfriend agree to it next year. The spa massage was worth the long flight alone.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank mcr0132
Reviewed 3 December 2009

It was my first time to Vegas and I expected all the hotels to be loud and crazy, but the second you pull up to the four seasons you are greated by tranquility. On the second day I ventured into the Mandalay Bay which shares the building with the Four Seasons and what a difference, people everywhere, loud, what I expected from Vegas. The room was amazing, peaceful, and a perfect view straight down the strip, but also allowing for a view of planes taking off. Very clean. The only complaint I had was the fact that one of the elevators had a picture of the Four Seasons Bora Bora and it was a complete tease because it reminded me of my trip there a couple years ago.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business