“Great room at a bargain”

Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall
Ranked #59 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 19 November 2013

It was a great room at a bargain price in sin city. The beds were comfortable and the room was spacious. I'm definitely NOT a Vegas fan but we needed a place to stay and it was as good as can be expected.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,819)

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed end of October for 1 night only. I had planned on going to GC but because of the shutdowns I became leary and booked a night here instead. Let me say that I am not much of a gambler. There is a casino 5 minutes from my house and I have never been. But being in Vegas I play a bit and after arriving here I hit $100 on my second spin. Of course I put it all back and then some but nice to hit something for a change. I don't gamble because I am never lucky like I keep reading about other people.

Anyways I had a Jacuzzi suite booked for the night but decided to go hit the movies and get some grub. I went to the buffet for $14. This review lost a star and almost 2 because of the buffet. It was basically inedible. I did not finish one thing that I sampled. Awful food there. I went to the movies immediately afterwards and had to get the large popcorn because I was hungry. The movie stunk the place up worse than the food and I left there after a about 40 minutes. Horrible Brad Pitt movie with Cameron Diaz also. And I can't believe that after at least 10 ads to tell people to turn off their cells some lady took a call about 5 minutes in. Unbelievable rudeness on display. I was in shock. But not the hotels fault I picked a bad movie.

I hit the bar in the courtyard and got a beer for 4 bucks and watched the light show. Fantastic. I loved it. I wish I had time to hit the bowling alley as well but maybe next time. so the room was great the staff were great and the amenities great but stay away from the buffet.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jackmacvan2013
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The hotel was decent but dated. The room was clean but had a small musty odor to it. There are plenty of dining options, though the line for the buffet was always 20+ minutes. The ventilation in the casino was not able to keep up with the smokers & I found it to be offensive during rush hour. The hotel is a $30 cab ride to the airport & they offer not shuttle. They do, however offer a shuttle to the strip but it stops before the clubs get going. Mystic Falls park was kind of fun & it was nice to have coffee down in the lobby with the birds chirping, they did a good job of giving the illusion of a tropical setting. I would recommend this hotel for older clientele that would prefer a quiet visit to Las Vegas.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Steev_0
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Bally's Las Vegas in September 2013. We took the free shuttle from Harrah's to Sam's Town and we were there in less than half an hour. It was a pleasant ride on a very nice tour bus. We were dropped off behind Sam's and went in the back door. There are lots of places to eat and a pretty good buffet. I've had better but it was good nonetheless. We got in line to get our Player's Card and a free gift of a deck of cards, nice keepsake.
We stayed all day there and had good luck at the machines as they are a tad looser than the strip.
It was a fun day and I recommend a visit to Sam's. Free shuttle, plenty of food choices and loose slots. How can you go wrong?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NewEnglandLass
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night at the end of a road trip. Picked Sam's Town based on price, reviews and recommendation of my sister, a 15-year "local." Got the "value" room and found it to be well worth the price (even when the "resort" fee is added.) Don't forget to sign up for a B Connected card for discounts and comps.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GoNorthToAlaska
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed for 6 nights. The Christmas theme decorations and atmosphere was very nice. I enjoyed playing at their slot machines and won few bucks too. I still have my B club card of the casino. I love the big rooms. The first room's bath tubs’ knob was defective as you have to pull hard for the water to come out. The second room was good and was spacious as the first room. Love their buffet at Firelight Buffet and TGIF. I ate at Panda, McDonalds and Dunkin Donut for coffee too. Overall, I really had a great stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank onthewingsofweng
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed at Sams twice in September. Each time I stayed for only one night as I used the hotel for a rest stop halfway to California. The first time I won some money playing the slot machines. Just about $1000. Wow! That was great. I think it has been several years since I have won any money anywhere playing slots. The second time I was given a unexpected room upgrade. I opened the door to my room (which was the supposed to be the usual one king size bed) and was totally surprised to find a wet bar, a dining table and living area with tv, a jacuzzi bath tub, another tv in the separate bedroom, an amazing dressing area, a view of the courtyard and more. That was like winning at the slots again. So, I am completed impressed and happy with Sams. I will always stay there while in Las Vegas.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo