“the best place to stay and gamble in Las Vegas!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall
Ranked #65 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
wilmsenriver
“the best place to stay and gamble in Las Vegas!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

We go to Sams town approx. 3 times a year and just love it. The people are so friendly and helpful, you can't beat the service. Our last visit in Feb. was so nice. it was my birthday month, and what a beautiful party they had and wonderful dinner with great food and entertainment. This is the only place we stay in las vegas.They even have a free shuttle to the strip or downtown if you want to fight the crowds. Can't say enough for everything they do for us and would not think of staying anyplace else!!!. Hope you try them you will be very satisfied.

Room Tip: we have never had a bad room always ask to be close to the elevators. We like to stay in the inside...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
  • Polish first
Riverton, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Sams is my place every time I go to Vegas. Clean comfortable rooms half of them looking over the center atrium where you can watch the dated but enjoyable laser shows. With the players card you can usually get a few nights compt a month with a little bit of game play. If you need the excitement of the strip or downtown, Sams offers a shuttle bus free of charge numerous times a day to both locations. The food is good and offers a great buffet restaurant.

Room Tip: If you plan of sleeping before 10 pm chose a room on the outside of the building because their laser...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I've stayed at this hotel every time I've gone to Las Vegas. There is a movie theatre, a great buffet, several restaurants and a beautiful atrium. Food is fabulous. Rooms are lovely and if you get the atrium side it is very special. The housekeepers go out of their way to please and so does the entire staff. The hotel is on the highway, not on the strip, but I like that even better. Lounge, great casino and ice cream parlor among other things.

Room Tip: Ask for the atrium side.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Bandon, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

This place has expanded significantly since we were there 20 years ago. Wonderful atmosphere. Comfortable rooms...didn't even want to get out of bed. Buffet choices were excellent. Fast food places also available without leaving the property. Movie theater right there. Lots to do. Relaxing time.

Room Tip: Rooms start a short distance from the elevators. Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard for a fro...
Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Findlay, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

If you are going here you need to understand that it is a Days Inn type operation. That isn't bad but it also lacks a lot of the things you probably expect in a normal hotel room. We reserved in "King Deluxe". It was a tad of a disappointment. On the positive side it did have 2 larger lounge chairs but – – they had certainly save money on light bulbs using the florescent variety in a very small wattage. Also the size of the room is better than many.
The plug in the bathroom only worked on one side and needed to have been replaced several years ago.
The furnishing is generally reasonable – – about what you'd expect in a medium quality hotel.
The attitude of the staff could certainly have used a lot of help from the front desk – – to the people in the serving area.
The host in TGI Friday's should seek another line of work while the server in the bar was much more positive.
It's not a place I plan on coming back to.

Room Tip: If you are on the 3rd or 4th floor your review is of the roof of the casino. Higher is better.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kahuna2030
Goleta, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

If you don't need the strip, Sams Town is great for a getaway. $26 per night room would easily be $300 elsewhere. We were there when they were working on some plumbing that did not affect us at all but we received a $20 per day food credit. This was in addition to the $20 per day food credit we received when we booked the room. We enjoyed the laser light show and the staff is warm and friendly.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank censusgal
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

I have visited Sam's Town several times over the past few years, but never stayed there. My organization had scheduled a two day board meeting there and I opted to stay an additional three days. I was very surprised at the size of the rooms and how neat they were. We got a very good rate for the extra days. Except for one afternoon when we took the shuttle to the strip we spent our time at Sam's Town. We found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and most accommodating with any request we had. I am not a big gambler, but will usually play small coin poker machines just for a means of entertainment and to pass time. Never win much, never lose much. This time I did decide to play some table blackjack for the first time in several years. The dealers were most helpful and very friendly and even cheered me on when I won a hand. Overall, they returned enough of my money to pay for the additional days stayed plus some.
There are several food options at Sam's Town and none are going to require you to take out a loan. The evening buffet was only $10.00 and had an excellent variety of foods. We especially enjoyed the entertainment at Roxies although we enjoyed it mainly from the casino. One night we did go into Roxies and was there for a little more than 30 minutes and never got waited on. The waitress waited tables all around us, but never stopped to get our order. Finally the band took a break so we took that opportunity to leave and go back to the casino area an got a free drink in a timely manner.

The only reason I did not give them a five star rating is due to the "resort fee" they now charge.
I was also told that the room had free wifi, but when I connected with the wifi I got a drop down window giving me a choice of free wifi or upgrading to a higher level for only $5.00 a day. I opted for the free wifi, yet when I received my bill at checkout, I had been charged for the upgrade.

I will most definitely stay there again and highly recommend it to others. Just be sure and let them know that you do not like the resort fee and watch out for being overcharged on the wifi.

PS. The wifi service was good at all times.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business