“Not a High End Resort, But I Will Go Back”

Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall
Ranked #64 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Littleton, Colorado
“Not a High End Resort, But I Will Go Back”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed at Sam's Town for 3 nights while on business. Previous Vegas trips were for fun and stayed on the Strip, usually using points to stay are The Venetian or similar. However, Sam's Town was close to where I had meetings. I found everyone that worked there to be very friendly. Desk staff was great and helpful. The layout of the hotel is really good. I got a room overlooking the interior gardens. The only weird thing was some show that started in the waterfall area around 10:30pm and was pretty loud. It lasted 15 minutes or so and then nothing the rest of the night. The rooms were clean. May be time to start replacing the beds (mine was pretty firm and the mattress felt like it was getting old). I know that not putting coffee machines in rooms is a way Vegas hotels try to save money (and generate revenue), but that is always the one thing that disappoints. I am not sure about their WiFi since I have to hook in through my cell phone for security. The variety of places to eat was great since I did not have a lot of time. 24hr McDonalds for coffee was great. The buffet was OK with lots of comfort food. Price was right. I don't understand the BBQ place. Went there and they had lots of open tables but they said it would be at least an hour wait since they did not have enough staff show up. Probably just as well that I don't go there. Casino was good. I am a video poker player, so I was in heaven. Can out a little ahead, so not complaints (though the payoff schedule for video poker was not as good as the Orleans). There is even a non-smoking area in the Casino. They have a shuttle that runs to Downtown and the Strip.

Room Tip: I think I will always request a room facing the atrium (inside gardens) towards the casino and front...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Camcolo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Culver City, California
Reviewed 23 March 2014

From the time you drive up and Michael (Valet) parks your vehicle you will have a great time. The place is fabulous, clean almost smoke free. Lots of thing to do here, pool, movies, bowling, or playing your favorite game
Our room had a view of the waterfall which was great. We had dinner at Billy Bobs and got more then we could eat for the price. Make sure you ask for Jonathan as you server here you won't be disappointed

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Jk1241
Crescent City, California
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Have stayed at here many times and always enjoyed my stay. Everything is here from dining choices, pool, cinema, etc. Since this would probably be my last trip to Vegas I chose to stay here 6 days. I tried to get a corner room but I had a reservation for a King Bed and was told Corner Rooms are Double Beds. I ended up in Room 767. Everything was great the first night. I came back to the room that evening and it was cozy. There is ample furniture and a desk, but if you want a fridge it costs extra. Then came the 2nd day and the noisy neighbors checked in. Don't know how many in group but they obviously had different rooms and the room next to mine seemed to be the gathering place. Could hear them talking, esp on cell phone, kids playing and crying till late, knocking on door (sometimes I thought it was mine), in and out all the time. They showed up Thursday and I hoped they would leave Sunday but they were staying so I opted to leave a day early. There were guests in room on other side but they were quiet, just my luck I guess.

Room Tip: Corner rooms tend to be quieter; they are double beds.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tom95531
Regina
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We love this hotel. Staff has always been very nice, the atrium is a pleasant area to enjoy a coffee or relax. Rooms are clean and large. This time we had a room overlooking the atrium. Loved the view but it got a bit noisy when the laser/water show was on.
Our only complaint is they now tack on a $10 resort fee.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gayle S
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

We spent 4 nights in February and really enjoyed it. We stayed during the week so not as busy and we loved it. Room was great, restaurants good, easy to find your way around. Loved the atrium and laser shows. Great place for the price much better than the strip!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kmcoy
Sedalia, Missouri
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We can't say enough about this hotel and casino. The fact that we have stayed here since the 1970's should be testimony enough! Our suite is always big and very nice. In a big casino and hotel like this you deal with dozens of people but over-all everyone is very pleasant. The dealers are very friendly and lots of fun. Several good restaurants also. Since we go to Vegas each year, we have found it much more quiet and enjoyable out off the main Strip. We go in to see a couple of shows and to shop some. Even a movie theater here as well as some smaller chain restaurants, besides the bigger Sam's restaurants. However, you would not really ever have to leave here! Is it an older hotel, yes. But they have updated all along. When we first stayed in the 70's, it was just a one-level hotel. Then they built the 9 story hotel and beautiful atrium. Very enjoyable!! If you must have kids with you, it's a fun place for them. Bowling, atrium views, laser light show several times a day, with wholf and waterfall. We never stay anywhere else in Las Vegas!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sherry S
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Just stayed 5 days at Sam's Town and couldn't be more pleased! Everything about this place was a wonderful experience. The service in all departments was superb! Our room on the ninth floor overlooked the atrium and was a real treat when watching the show at night. All the restaurants offered tasty menus and we were the never disappointed. The 'free' shuttle service made getting around so convenient. I left my 'pay-out' ticket in one of slots one morning and very late that night, I was approached by an attendant who asked my name and returned the ticket t o me. WOW! Now I call that "honesty"!!! I am already planning my next visit to Vegas and I will absolutely be going back to Sam's Town! Thank you, Sam's for a GREAT stay!

Room Tip: Park view rooms allow you to see the wonderful Atrium!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends