Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$216
US$144
US$189
US$144
US$102
US$62
  • Restaurant
Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$303
US$264
US$304
US$260
  • Restaurant
Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$124
  • Pool
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$208
  • Restaurant
Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$112
Travelocity
Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$113
  • Restaurant
Downtown Grand, an Ascend Collection Hotel(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$59
AscendHotels
1,889 results
All reviewsbowling alleylaser showmovie theatermystic fallslight showoff the stripboulder highwayindoor parkfirelight buffetb connected cardpanda expressfree shuttlewater showvideo pokerprime ribminute driveslot machines
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We recently completed our fourth stay at Sam's Town, and we enjoy it every time. We request a park view room, which our son loves, so we can watch the show from our room. If you want to be in the heart of it all stay on the Strip, but for a family, this is the perfect solution - shuttles to take you to the Strip or Downtown, but a quieter atmosphere to come back to. The buffet is excellent for breakfast.

Room Tip: A park view room is well worth the extra, especially if you have kids.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We were in town from a Tuesday through a Thursday in May. We booked a king-sized bed, non-smoking room. In Vegas, one expects a cigarette smell even in the non-smoking rooms, but this was not the case. The room smelled clean. We had a room that faced the atrium. The atrium is made out to be an old western town with plenty of trees and a rocky waterfall in center. In the atrium, they put on a show the simulates a storm...very loudly. I'm not sure how often they run the show because we weren't really in the room too much. However, it seemed that their last show of the day was at 10:00 p.m. and it runs for about 15 minutes and that's all. After that, I didn't hear anything. I imagine that if you get a room that faces out, you wouldn't have that issue.

The room itself was very clean, well-maintained and spacious. The bathroom was also roomy and had lots of counter space and a pretty useless, weak blow dryer (common fare for hotels...I take my own). The shower had good water pressure and good hot water flow. The tub was oval shaped and left plenty of edge space to put all the essentials (shampoo, razor, etc.).

The bed was comfortable. There were two comfy chairs in the room and a small, empty fridge (which came in handy).

Check in and check out was painless and quick. Housekeeping was great. A/C unit worked well.

I should mention that if you end up staying here, follow the signs to the self-parking garage #2, and that will get you the closest to the actual hotel. There were plenty of spots to park (and the parking is free).

Room Tip: Rooms facing the atrium are exposed to the noise of the show (last one at 10:00 p.m.). Perhaps rooms facing out wouldn't have that.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rollin_along_Mom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Over the years I have stayed at many properties both on the strip and downtown. I decided to try a property that was somewhere different this time. After reading numerous reviews, I decided on Sam's Town for my recent trip with my wife and parents. I booked two suites and the prices were very reasonable. Upon arrival, I noticed that the property was in a somewhat questionable area, but had no problems and the property had more than enough security on site. We checked in and I was immediately impressed with the property. The property is HUGE for an off strip hotel/casino. The entire property was kept spotless! Both suites were extremely clean and very spacious. For being off the strip and away from downtown, this place is in a great location. Sam's Town is located at the intersection of Boulder Highway (Freemont street) and Flamingo, so you can pull off the property and head down Flamingo to the strip or just drive down Boulder Highway, which dead ends into downtown, either way it is a short drive.

While we were there my wife and I hit the slots a decent amount. I did fairly well and my wife killed it and walked away needing an armored truck to carry all her winnings. While gambling, waitresses came by fairly often and were very nice. I honestly can't thank the employees of Sam's town enough for making our trip amazing. If you are headed to Vegas, you can't go wrong with Sam's Town.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank kominekj
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I'm 52, my fiancé is 53 - We consider ourselves relatively young for our age. Having said that, we were surprised that the average age (it seems) is about 75+ years old of Sam's Town guests.
The hotel itself was nice, the staff very helpful and friendly. It's rated 33 of 277 hotels, the value was great, just didn't expect to be the youngest couple there during our stay. Will pay $15 more per night to stay on the strip next time. We are going to go back on our 20th wedding anniversary though! We'll fit right in then.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Anthony G
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The eternal question about booking a room at Sam’s Town: should one book a room overlooking the park or book a room facing the outside world? If you book a room overlooking the park you pay more and you have to reserve the room you want a few months in advance; but you do have a view of a lovely park. Over the past many years at different times of the year, we have booked an outside room and then booked a park room and were satisfied with both choices. Whatever choice you make you will like hanging out at Sam’s Town. I think it is a haven for older people, my wife and I are close to 70, and we enjoyed our time here.
Their Keno specials include buying 100 consecutive games for .05 cents per game; we played several different times, but only got about 20% of our money back. But still it is a deal that we could not pass up. Next time we will play, if allowed, 1,000 consecutive games at .05 cents a game.
We took their shuttle to the strip: the shuttle drops passengers off at Harrah’s; we spent a few hours walking the strip, and, afterwards, were glad we stayed at Sam’s Town. We ate at the Firelight Buffet twice and though the food tasteful and prepared properly. I always brought my morning coffee at McDonalds; I keep the receipt in order to get a free refile.
We had absolutely no problem finding a parking space close to the entrance.

Room Tip: Book online and in advance to get the best price available.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple