“One stop vacation!”

Ranked #68 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Milton,Ontario
“One stop vacation!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel/casino was a delightful surprise. The facilities were clean and the staff were friendly. Property offers spacious rooms (no coffee maker - however there is a McDonalds for your morning caffeine). Pool was small but cushioned loungers were great - bar offers tasty cocktails/beer at good prices - but only Friday to Sunday. There is a movie theatre, bowling alley, bingo hall, numerous restaurants and of course lots of slots and table games. Walgreens pharmacy is on the corner and Walmart is across the street. No need for a car once you are there. Hotel offers a shuttle to the strip and to Old Vegas (Fremont Street). Highlight attraction is the Mystic Falls in the centre atrium of the property. Features 4 times daily a water and laser show. Overall, a great place to stay with good room rates.
Theme is Country Western decor. Large retail store for related items.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the atrium so you can view the show from your room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank WendyNeal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The rooms are spacious. The beds could be a bit more comfortable; yet, for the price it's ok. Yes the hotel is way off the strip but I must admit I tend to be "luckier" at Sam's Town. In other words, the $$ doesn't go as fast as other casinos and I've won a couple of jackpots. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank SanAn2nioTX
Hilo, Hawaii
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We used to stay on strip to much smoke to many people. did not smell a lot of smoke. many areas no smoking park snd bowlinng alley. lots of senior specials. noo. complaints would stay here again nice park area and light show

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank aloha123456
Newport, Oregon
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

A lot of smoke in gambling hall but I have already booked again. Loved the rooms, location and the service, the shows that go on in the atrium are also fun to watch. A little old school but that is why I liked it

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Gidgetismygirl
California
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed at Sams Town because our favorite hotels were all taken up with EDC. We chose it because we had visited a couple years back and went to the laser light show. The "park" is awesome and so much better at night than it was when we had visited in the past. There is a rustic restaurant or bar that faces it which is very cool and reminiscent of a stereotypical cowboy bar. I liked it. The room was just normal. I think if we had had a view we would have liked it much better. So I would suggest booking the room with the view of the "Park". I know for next time i guess. It is far from the strip but its close to stuff you would use in your regular life. Gas stations, grocery stores, CVS is right across the street.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the park.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Vanghus
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have stayed here several times, but it had been a few years since my last visit. Upon check in I went up to my room to find fast food bags and the bed unmade in my room. I went back down the long hallway to the elevators, got back in line to address this situation with the hotel staff. She proceeded to get on the phone with the cleaning staff while she was giving me a new room, never getting off of it, gave me a new room key. I asked if I might be able to get a room facing the inward atrium, as I was traveling with my family, but that would be an extra $15. Still not off the phone, wasn't able to even get a sorry for making you come back after being given a dirty room. We ate at the Mexican restaurant, very bland food and high priced for what you get. The food court is down to 2 options, so more Sbarro's Pizza. We did enjoy the convenience of a movie and bowling that evening and they had great table game staff. Woke up the next morning with a stiff back from the beds. Both rooms that I was given need a good updating.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room, if there is one?
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Travright2014
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for your recent visit to Sam's Town. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed playing at the tables and seeing a movie and bowling while at Sam's Town. I am sorry that you found some of the service provided by our team members to be less than exceptional and am certain that when you brought the matter to the attention of the Hotel Manager that she was able to quickly and completely remedy the problem to your satisfaction. I sincerely hope that you will decide to visit us again and offer us the opportunity to better meet your expectations.
Selby, South Dakota
Reviewed 4 July 2014

First time staying here but have stayed at other B Connected properties. Rooms are very nice - not as nice as Orleans, better than Coast. On check-in I asked for a "quiet" room, was given room 861 - faces away from atrium. I think you CAN request an atrium room but they cost more. Elevators come quickly, and are in area only accessible by room key - nice. Same with the pool/hot tub. Pool is small, but area was never overcrowded. They had to shut it one day for repairs, but could use pool at their RV park, which was within walking distance. Low limits at tables, friendly dealers, waitresses come around often to take drink order. Have heard it will be easy to get good offers - I got two nights comped and very good rate for other 5 based on play the year before at other properties. It IS about a half hour to the strip by public transportation, which stops right near the place - no shuttle. The bus to downtown stops right outside! Three-day pass for all buses is $20. Cab to airport is about $30 with tip.

Room Tip: Atrium is a nice place to enjoy morning paper and coffee (buy at Dunkin Donuts on property). Quiet r...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo