“Park view not worth it” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall
Ranked #65 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Arlington, Texas
“Park view not worth it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

I read several reviews before I stayed here about how great the park view rooms were. I disagree with the appeal. If u want to pay the upgrade ($15/night) be sure u get on floors 3-5 or else u might be disappointed. We were on the 9th floor and all we could see from the nice chairs in front of our window was the opposite wall of the hotel. The window ledge of the room is about 18" high which means u must be 6 inches from the window and standing up to see down in the park. All u can really see from the upper floors is the tree tops in the park. Also, the rooms on the north side have a better view of the laser light show and waterfall. Rooms were nice, clean, & spacious. Casino was one of our favorites because of great variety of video poker. Table games kind of limited. Cocktail service was awful. Mainly a 50+ aged crowd here. I would recommend this hotel unless u are a late night party animal.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side of the park have a better view of the laser show and waterfall. Upgrade char...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ThaJudge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Polish first
Phoenix
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed here a while back. Happened to be in LV and in need of a room, so checked hotels.com and found Sam's Town Hotel for just $30 for four people! Room was very clean, comfortable and quiet...nice for a family. Only a bar restaurant was open (we arrived around 10:30 pm), but food was decent, but nothing to brag about. Service was friendly. We would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Sign up for hotels.com. I've found great rates for a couple of different hotels at the last minu...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Lori C
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

My Wife and I took the shuttle from the strip at Harrahs. Nice bus , it took about 15 min to get to Sams Town. We did not stay over night just a day visit. We have been here before and like the Casino action. The slots were playing better then the strip. We enjoyed there show out in the Aturium area. We like the slower pace, the strip was real busy this trip. Our next visit we are thinking about making this our home base, if we get comp rooms or a good deal. If you go outside there is a area that looks nice with shopping and resturants.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank millerb
Michigander Transplant
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Let me preface this review by saying this:
- I completely understand the hotel and restaurant business as a former student
- I'm very aware that in Vegas/Reno hotels aren't the focus of the property, it's all about the gambling

That said, when I attempted to get a couple of rooms at 2 a.m. and was quoted a price of $32 (without tax, resort fees, etc.) and told by the front desk person that he "didn't have the authority to adjust the price" even after I pointed out that those rooms would never be sold, I left. Unfortunate because it took me another hour before finding two rooms where I gambled for four hours, spending at least $200 before calling it a night. I won't be returning. For less than the overall price (they do get you with their absurd resort fees, but then again, their base price is equally absurd at a low $24/night), you can get a very nice couple of rooms much closer to the strip and without the stupid "I can't" sort of attitude from the front desk jockey.

Room Tip: Make your reservations online, even if it's outside right before going in, it apparently is the...
Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Adventurous_S_Mom
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
Thank you for your recent visit to Sam's Town. I'm sorry that we were not able to meet your request to adjust the current price of our rooms at the time you visited. We pay close attention to our room rates and believe that we are appropriately priced. I sincerely hope that you will decide to visit us again and offer us the opportunity to better meet your expectations.
Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed here one night with our 2 children. The room was clean. The beds were very firm. The shower didn't drain and had a terrible shower head. The bathroom had no fan so turned into a steam room when you showered. Wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling due to the steam issue I'm sure.
We got this on hotwire for $30 so I can't complain too much since it was clean and that's #1 for me. The resort fee is only $11 with tax and that's not too bad compared to some. It's considered 3.5 star on hotwire but I'd say it's more 3 star.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
1 Thank TravelersWife
San Antonio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I took my golf group for four nights. Over 50 rooms for the group and had nothing but good reviews from the entire group. Very unusual for this size group. Will definetly look at taking the entire group back.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Ray D
Bernville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Samstown Hotel and Casino is off the beaten path. In order to stay here you need a rental car. Hotel is very nice. Rooms are decent size and clean. Several eating places to choose from throughout the hotel. The casino covers two floors. There is an atrium which houses a water fountain and shows are put on in the evening. Very nice.

Room Tip: Atrium rooms can be noisy when the water fountain shows are going on. Great view from these rooms .
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple