Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall
Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$388
US$210
Official Site
  • Pool
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$85
US$247
US$203
  • Restaurant
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$181
  • Restaurant
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$226
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Luxor Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$122
1,898 results
All reviewsbowling alleylaser showmovie theatermystic fallslight showoff the stripboulder highwayindoor parkfirelight buffetb connected cardpanda expressfree shuttlewater showvideo pokerprime ribminute driveslot machines
Reviewed 27 June 2009

My husband and I made it a point to visit Sam's Town not only once, but twice after seeing it featured on Rachel Ray's "$40 a Day" on the Food Network (she featured their 'Firelight Buffet.'). I have to say what a pleasant surprise it was! Of all the hotels that we visited during our stay, it was only at the Encore (we stayed at Encore) and Sam's Town that doors were held open for us and received 5 star service from the personnel. Everyone that worked there were both friendly and helpful, and seemed genuinely happy to have us at their Casino. One Craps guy, I think his name was Sinisi? was from Checkloslovakia?, stood out because he was so friendly and helpful and kind to us, teaching us about craps and notifying me when it was time to do something at the Craps table (we won $300 that night, but lost on other nights there, but didn't matter because we just loved it there)! The employees seemed happy to be at work and all had a jovial attitude towards both each other and the patrons.
One funny thing that happened was when I asked this one man gambling if he came there often, and the dealer replied for him, saying, "Who, Barry, nah, he's never been here!" (I found it funny anyway :P) There are a lot of locals who gamble there, I found signs prominently displaying that Sam's Town had won Best Gambling Hall for 6 straight years in a row! There is a reason for this: the employees and the craps odds are 20 to 1 :D
Everything was extremely clean and the waitresses remembered my name when I had only visited there once before on our trip, (loved that). There is even a separate gambling area on the other side (separate from the main) that is non-smoking (great for people who abhor smoking).
One thing that I found particularly wonderful about the place was the fountain show in the center of their main area. It is basically a smaller scaled version of the fountains show seen at Bellagio. Considering that Sam's Town is much older than the Bellagio, it makes me wonder if Bellagio borrowed the idea from Sam. :P There was a wide variety of people and families there, all watching in amazement at the show. Middle America at it's finest :) I saw quite a few retirees there also, (they are the smart ones that know where to gamble) :P
In addition, Sam's Town has a Bowling Hall, a Movie theater, an Ice Cream shop, as well as a Dunkin' Donuts (great relief from those $6 coffees that you find on the strip)! I am including pictures in both this review and a following review because each review only allows 10 pictures. I think that I took more pictures here than any other casino that we visited during 5 days there, I liked it that much.
If I were to ever go to Vegas again, the two standout choices of 'must-see' places to stay would be Sam's Town or Encore, and honestly, I think that I would choose Sam's Town because of the great gambling they have and that it is just so comfy and nice. (Encore is brilliant too though) :P We visited a lot of casinos in Vegas too, including Caesar's (great) and Bellagio (not-so-much, not because of the staff, but because it was just a conglomerate mess with the MASSIVE crowds and HEAVY smoking). It took me nearly half an hour to find a freaking bathroom at Bellagio, and it was far away from where I was gambling)
Do yourself a favor and choose Sam's Town, I think that you will be glad that you did! --and your wallet will thank you! (better gambling odds, and if you check, I think their slots are slightly higher in percentage payouts, being off the strip)

Please read my reviews of this place after this one, you will find a lot more photos, pictures are worth a thousand words!

and for the mods, No, I do not work for Sam's Town, I just like to give credit where credit is due :P

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Firestormz
Reviewed 23 June 2009

Excellent Service. The staff answered all my questions with a smile. Movie Theatre on the premesis. $3.00 days on Tuesday which is a big plus if you are over 60. They have a free shuttle to the strip every half hour. The only down side that I have to staying there is the Buffet. It is not expensive but also not very good. For breakfast there is an omlete station but thaere are huge lines for this. The pancakes were hard as a rock. Otherwise I give the hotel very high marks for cleanliness. We had a really great time.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JimmyKaratekid
Reviewed 18 June 2009

This is a nice place to stay. We stayed on the 6th floor with a room over looking the indoor park. It was nice and clean. The beds were a little outdated and lumpy. It had a McDonald's downstairs by the park so we didn't even have to take the kids into the Casino. We only stayed here for one night on our way to Utah but it was really nice for us. We did not get any special services other than Valet parking which is tip only which was nice. Some places are expensive as much as $30 for valet. The lady at the check in desk was nice and greeted us with a smile. We did not have to wait in line. It is off the strip but that is one of the reasons we picked this hotel/casino and the price was great. We paid 28.00 for our room so I won't complain. I would stay here again but would ask for another blanket and another pillow if that haven't updated by then.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2009

We stayed here on the way home from So. California on Sunday night, March 29, 2009.

Sam's Town has a very good basic rate most nights for a clean comfortable room. All staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

We had a two queen bed room. While very nice with a desk and flat screen T.V., I was surprised it didn't have a refrigerator, microwave or even a coffee maker, so take note if you were expecting those. Wi-Fi is available in the rooms but the charge for it seems pretty steep. There is free ice on each floor so with our travel cooler we didn't miss a refrigerator. We always take a small electric kettle to heat water for coffee etc.. We requested two extra pillows which were brought to us promptly at no extra charge.

There was a problem with the toilet which was quickly addressed by hotel engineering.

Dinner at the Firelight Buffet is $10.99, or $9.99 if you get one of the Coast Club Cards which are free. It was very good with a huge selection and included a glass of wine or draft beer for the adults.

There is no free breakfast, but there are lots of places to eat on the property. The Firelight Buffet has breakfast for about $6, but the line was too long by the time we got there. We grabbed a quick breakfast at the in-house McDonald's, which was much better than most "free breakfasts" for about $5 each. I have to mention, this McDonald's is the only fast food location we visited on our entire vacation that didn't mess up the order.

The atrium in the center is kinda fun. It has a feature they call Mystic Falls with a waterfall scene and animatronic animals.

If you are with anyone who has a problem with cigarette and cigar smoke, be aware it is hard to entirely avoid. The atrium is a non-smoking area and you can reach the McDonald's through there. The hotel corridor we were in was also non-smoking. Just the same, you'll be smelling some smoke walking from one place to another.

This isn't the easiest place to get your luggage to your room in if your doing it yourself. We couldn't see an available bell hop when we arrived and just thought we'd do it ourselves. It took us about twenty minutes, involved four trips to the parking garage which isn't all that close to the rooms. It would have been easier to have waited for a bellhop. It could have helped if the hotel had a few luggage carts on hand in the garage for guests.

I'd consider staying here again since the price can't be beat. If I was looking for a real Las Vegas experience though, I'd probably stay somewhere on or nearer the Strip.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank REAL-E-REAL
Reviewed 31 March 2009

I may be very late in providing comments, but I just had to do it. My stay at Sams was so great it is the reason I will plan a new trip to Vegas as soon as possible. Although a few miles from the strip, it doesn't matter because they offer free shuttle bus service to all the main areas. We had our car and didn't need to use it. Check out their website for all they offer. Everything was great, food, service,gambling, entertainment options, etc. etc. etc. Forget about staying on the strip. Price is unbeatable.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple